Uncruise question

hippyman

I've been looking at the smaller ship cruises for awhile now, mainly up in the Pacific Northwest, and it got me to thinking. I've only been on the large ships before(Vision of the Seas in 2005, and Eclipse last year.) I really liked the laid back atmosphere those ships had. How much different would it be cruiseing on a smaller ship? I don't like to go to the "formal" nights, so I prefer multiple options for dining. I know that a small ship won't have nearly as many options as a larger one, but I'm just wondering if there would be another option.

A smaller ship is quite unique. You get an opportunity to really get to know your fellow guests and in the evening the focus is on conversation, dinner and some low key entertainment. While it's nice to have a lot of options, sometimes keeping it simple is nice.

Keith

We tried a smaller ship, and didn't like it. While it was an interesting, port-intensive itinerary, the evenings and a couple of days at sea were boring. Fewer food choices, fewer entertainment choices.

Less walking on a smaller ship was a plus :)

I don't like to go to the "formal" nights, so I prefer multiple options for dining.

Have you looked at a line like Oceania? Their smaller ships (~ 690 passengers)have 4 restaurants (1 main dining room, 2 specialty restaurants and a buffet restaurant) and NO formal nights.

Have you looked at a line like Oceania? Their smaller ships (~ 690 passengers)have 4 restaurants (1 main dining room, 2 specialty restaurants and a buffet restaurant) and NO formal nights.

Thank you, I'll have to look into them. Do any of their ships depart from Texas or New Orleans? I would like my next cruise to be within driving distance, if possible.

Edited by hippyman