Liberty - Champagne at sail-away?

It is a tradition for me to order Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries for sailaway. Now I am concerned that we won't be able to get any Champagne until we get out to international waters because of the restrictions in Galveston. Has anyone had issues or can I bring on a bottle of Champagne? I believe we are allowed 2 bottles of wine to bring on board, I assume Champagne qualifies.

Thanks!

It is a tradition for me to order Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries for sailaway. Now I am concerned that we won't be able to get any Champagne until we get out to international waters because of the restrictions in Galveston. Has anyone had issues or can I bring on a bottle of Champagne? I believe we are allowed 2 bottles of wine to bring on board, I assume Champagne qualifies.

Thanks!

Yes, champagne is ok, take it onboard with you

Thanks!

From experience.

Bring your own Champagne, but go ahead and order strawberries.

The will not deliver Champagne while in Galveston.

We plan to do this on our May cruise.

Enjoy the cruise.

We bought an insulated wine tote specially for this purpose. We will pre chill our sparking wine, add a couple ice packs (they don't like loose Ice in security) then enjoy at sail away.

Thanks!

You will be allowed 1 bottle of Wine or Champagne per adult 21 years of age in your party. It will be inspected at the end of the metal detector. Must have original seal and labels.

You will be allowed 1 bottle of Wine or Champagne per adult 21 years of age in your party. It will be inspected at the end of the metal detector. Must have original seal and labels.

Incorrect. It is 2 bottles per stateroom regardless of age or number of pax

If we bring some of our own wine for later, will the steward have a cork screw or do we need to bring our own in one of our checked bags? I'm assuming we wouldn't be able to bring one through security in our carryon's:). Also, on a previous posting somewhere in the site, I read where someone said they asked the steward to completely empty the mini-fridge right up front to where they can use it to keep their own wine and such cold. Has anyone tried to do that before? And if so, how did it work? Finally, we booked our cruise through AAA and the package included two complementary bottles of champagne. Has anyone else booked a similar type of package on Liberty and if so, given the Galveston restrictions, when was the champagne delivered and was it already opened?

If we bring some of our own wine for later, will the steward have a cork screw or do we need to bring our own in one of our checked bags? I'm assuming we wouldn't be able to bring one through security in our carryon's:). Also, on a previous posting somewhere in the site, I read where someone said they asked the steward to completely empty the mini-fridge right up front to where they can use it to keep their own wine and such cold. Has anyone tried to do that before? And if so, how did it work? Finally, we booked our cruise through AAA and the package included two complementary bottles of champagne. Has anyone else booked a similar type of package on Liberty and if so, given the Galveston restrictions, when was the champagne delivered and was it already opened?

You can get a corkscrew from your stateroom attendant, or have any bar open your wine.

If we bring some of our own wine for later, will the steward have a cork screw or do we need to bring our own in one of our checked bags? they will provide the el cheapo $2 travel ones. we usually bring a full size rabbit ear one. I'm assuming we wouldn't be able to bring one through security in our carryon's:). ours is in a dedicated bag that holds a bottle, 2 glasses and the corkscrew. never been prevented from bringing it on board as a carry on Also, on a previous posting somewhere in the site, I read where someone said they asked the steward to completely empty the mini-fridge right up front to where they can use it to keep their own wine and such cold. Has anyone tried to do that before? it will not keep wine at proper drinking temp. just ask for an ice bucket And if so, how did it work? Finally, we booked our cruise through AAA and the package included two complementary bottles of champagne. Has anyone else booked a similar type of package on Liberty and if so, given the Galveston restrictions, when was the champagne delivered and was it already opened?

best you can hope for is at turndown, but far more likely it will be delivered the next morning as they make up your room. it will be put on ice and left sealed. they will also leave glasses.