Cunard Coach Connect January 2006

PeterB

I posted this earlier today but realise that the thread wasn't that relevant so have started a new one.

:)

It seems that quite a lot of people are going to be embarking from Southampton for the 3rd January crossing. Can I recommend Coach Connect as a means of getting there. This is a coach service operated on behalf of Cunard, which we used last year, and found to be very easy and efficient. They do local pick-ups in most areas and take an unlimited amount of luggage, which is transferred drectly to your cabin, so it is all very painless. It also has the advantage that QE2 will not sail without the Coach Connect passengers - peace of mind! We think it represents very good value. For example, the cost from our area (Bedfordshire) is £49 pp return - less than the train fare. They need minimum numbers to operate, so I am encouraging others to join us!

:)

Anyone know if there is a similar service in New York? I am going to start checking some of the limo companies. There is one that my agency uses. I have to find my notes on that- or Connecticut Limo. I've thought of taking the train to NYC, but then would have to get from the train station (lugging luggage hmm, maybe that's why they call it that <G>) to the port.

Or maybe we'll take a real limo. Compared to the cost of leaving our car at the port for twelve days (I can't remember, but not cheap!) A client of mine just took a stretch limo for his family of five from West Haven CT RT to the Bayonne NJ terminal It cost him $450.

We'll be coming from Colchester CT, so we might consider the Ct Limo in New Haven (Stops at the televised RaceTrack facility) or from New London ferry/train station

Thanks for your comments- we don't go until August 2006 but I did email them to enquire what exactly happens but got no reply!

Decided to wait a while - have you any idea how long before you go you need to book please?

We are travelling from Manchester and I was thinking also about flying down. It would be cheaper to book our own but then I am concerned re flight times/delays!

Archived