Dublin, Book of Kells

Unfortunately, our Princess cruise in July has us in Dublin from 1:00pm to 1:00 am. Many on Cruise Critic seem to love the HOHO tour in this city, but it ends at 5:30, so it doesn't make much sense for us to take that. I want to purchase tickets for the Book of Kells at Trinity College (which closes at 6:00). Some have said getting tickets ahead of time will save a long line. Does anyone have experience with that? The tickets are for a specific time and I am not sure what time I should get them for, not knowing how to get there (taxi?) or how long it will take once we dock. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Debbie

Cruiser bruise is probably right. We did the HoHo bus and it was great, but you probably don't have time to do it and see the University and Book of Kells. There is a wait to see the Book, but it was not huge when we were there.

• 4 weeks later...

I found the line huge and the alter in the day longer. everyone seems to go there.. after you go there you can walk over to the Bank restaurant for dinner. .you can do some shopping as stores are open. walk thru St Stephens Green;do a show. i saw Riverdance again there. it was great to be in an historic theatre in Ireland seeing it.