Ideas for Honeymooners!

brownieboy

I am getting married next weekend and leave for my honeymoon on the Conquest the 23rd!! WOOHOO!

Anyways, was wondering if anybody has some fun ideas or must do's for honeymooners? Do they have any newlywed games or such stuff as that? This will be my second cruise, but will be the first for my wife. I want this to be a great experience for her.

Thanks for your replies and all the great tips from other posts! :)

Congratulations. My husband and I got married two years ago last month and honeymooned on the Inspiration. They do have a newlywed game on the last sea day which was a lot of fun, unfortunately we didn't get picked. Mostly we did shore excursions, like swimming with the stingrays in Grand Cayman, Fiesta Party Boat in Cozumel which was an absolute blast, I highly recommend it, we biked and kayaked in Costa Maya which was also awesome as we had never done something like that before and we went on a Catamaran and snorkel excursion in Belize, which had all you can drink rum punch--yummy. Mostly we enjoyed our time together away from everything and everyone. It was so relaxing after all the wedding planning and all of that. We really enjoyed watching the stars off the back of the ship every night after dinner, it was so romantic. Just make the most out of everything. You will have a great time.

I am getting married next weekend and leave for my honeymoon on the Conquest the 23rd!! WOOHOO!

Anyways, was wondering if anybody has some fun ideas or must do's for honeymooners? Do they have any newlywed games or such stuff as that? This will be my second cruise, but will be the first for my wife. I want this to be a great experience for her.

Thanks for your replies and all the great tips from other posts! :)

Do honeymoon'ers leave the room? :rolleyes:

Do honeymoon'ers leave the room? :rolleyes:

I sure hope not...;)

But seriously, thanks for the tips Racegirl6. I was a little nervous taking a cruise for the honeymoon at first due to us being stuck on the boat. But then I started thinking "what's better than having a whole week planned out for you?" Now I just need to figure out the excursions. I'm glad to see that having this as a honeymoon can turn out awesome!

Great honeymoon choice - you will feel pampered and well taken care of!

Since the Conquest visits Grand Cayman - I would not miss out on a sting ray excursion. My husband and I booked through Captain Marvin's Water Sports and got a great deal on a 1/2 day (3 hours) excursion for $39 each. The entire experience was incredible - and I'm not particularly a "water" lover.

When we took our Honeymoon in 1992, we were one of 200 Honeymoon couples on board!

We dined with two couples who got married the same day we did.

Just relax, have fun and enjoy your special time together.

Catrin

My daughter got married on October 1, 2005 & they honeymooned on the CONQUEST Oct. 2-9, 2005. He had been on one cruise/she had never been. They both came back talking non-stop about how much they loved their cruise, the ports, the ship, etc. They are both hooked now on cruising. They went to Sunset Beach in Jamaica, swam with the stingrays in Grand Cayman through Captain Marvins, & went to Paradise Beach in Cozumel. They were just totally pleased with their choosing to honeymoon aboard the Conquest. Have an awesome cruise & Congrats!!

hey! thanks for all of the well wishes and suggestions!

the problem with booking the excursions before we leave (in 1 week!) is that we have 1000 other things to do for the wedding. :( will things really get booked up and should we make it a priority to book them? also is going through the carnival site the easiest way to do the excursions?

we're not going to be too picky on what we can do, just the time together is worth the trip! :)

I understand about all the wedding prep that you have to do. We didn't book our excursions until we were on the ship and went to the cruise director's talk about ports of call. We did have an idea of what we wanted to do before we left because I emailed Carnival and they sent me a list of excursions with prices and we went off of that. If you can't do one, then choose another. You will have a great time.

My suggestions for Cayman would be a stingray tour booked outside of the cruiseline. The groups are generally smaller, quieter, you know. We booked with Moby Dick, the guides were awesome, and the boat was really nice, very clean! We had a small group, about 20. Was nice to be able to hear what the guides were telling us instead of listening to unruley children and mobs of people. In Cozumel you definitely want to it up Carlos and Charlies. It has to be one of if not the best place to have a few drinks and have a great time. For excursions...we have been on the catamaran snorkel and sail booked through carnival....snorkeling, beer, margaritas, private beach, and party all for around $45. It's a fun time, and again a smaller crowd. This past trip we booked the royal dolphin swim through chakanaab park, that wa a great experience, and well worth the $$. I don't really have a suggestion for Mo' Bay as it is my least favorite port. Maybe a beach day or a day at Margaritaville (that's where we spent most of the day)... A cruise is a great idea for a honeymoon! I hope you enjoy ot!

We got married May 21, did the Carnival Pride after that for the HM. The one thing we loved was being placed with another couple at dinner that got married the SAME day as us. I wanted to dine alone with my wife, but she wanted to possibly meet some new people. Glad we did! We had friends the whole cruise...we still did our OWN thing, but we met up and hung out at night together...still friends with them today.

Also, do NOT go off the ship without KNOWING what you're doing! (that way, you won't end up walking 5 miles just to get to a beach in Cabo :) )

There's ALWAYS places to be alone with your DW or DH. Outside under the stars or inside. (And I don't mean the cabin)

Play in the newlywed and non-so-newlywed games, it's a blast!

Tell your waiter it's your HM, you'll get a cake or bottle of champagne.

BUY your pictures. I'm still beating myself up over not buying ours...and the wifey reminds me almost every week. (I did take a picture OF our picture though)..lol

Congrats! And don't make too much noise...doing...you know....the walls are THIN!!!!!

yeah, another thing i was wanting to find out about was how to get a table on your own. or even if sitting with someone else was a good idea. i would hate to get stuck with someone that had a bad attitude or cusses up a storm and completely ruins the mood of our trip. anyways, anybody know anything about seating arrangements?

7 days! :)

Archived