Zuiderdam Room J1049 - Any Experience?

MsFancyFree

Hello,

I've just put a hold on room J1049 on the Zuiderman for July. It is, I think, a large inside with a couch of some sort just inside the door and midship.

Is this a good choice? Are there any issues with the room or location?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello,

I've just put a hold on room J1049 on the Zuiderman for July. It is, I think, a large inside with a couch of some sort just inside the door and midship.

Is this a good choice? Are there any issues with the room or location?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

If it will help check http://www.halfacts.com it shows 1063 stateroom, also an inside.

Looks like a corner couch

Happy cruising

I've been in that cabin on at least one of the ships, and in many similar cabins along that passageway on all the Vista and Signature ships. It's the only place I want to be on those ships. It's a wonderful place to stay!

The cabin is huge, with more than enough storage space in the cabin and bathroom. It's away from the sound coming down from the entertainment venues one deck up.

The biggest drawback is the traffic when shore excursions meet in the show lounge, as people enter from that side. Still, they are arriving a few at a time, while they exit as a group on port side. The folks who live over there can have a hard time returning to their cabin from breakfast when a tour is leaving!

My first cruise was in J1025 onboard the Zuiderdam which should be almost the exact same. It was great. It was a very spacious inside cabin, but the only downside was the sofa bed was miserable to sleep on. I had a massage on the first sea day and then tried sleeping on that 'thing'. My (at the time) 29 year old back was in agony!

If you're sleeping on the bed, you're golden. If you're sleeping on the couch, beware.