Does Royal have an App similar to Carnival's Hub App?

MikeMA

Hi All,

We are sailing on the Freedom next April 2017. We are curious if Royal has anything similar to the Hub App on Carnival? We are sailing with other family members and just wanted to see if we'd be able to use a text/messenger system to communicate on different events and locate each other easier. With the exception of pics and vids we are not on our phones while on board but this feature would sure help us out.

I know there is Voom and the FB messenger App but the Hub is fantastic and very easy to use. I haven't sailed RCCL is about 7 years so I am just trying to see if they have an App that is comparable.

Thanks for any help.

Is it true what I feared about Hub? $5 per person to text each other during the cruise! DS and family are cruising with 2 other families, lots of teenagers. If Carnival only charges $5 each that's great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Is it true what I feared about Hub? $5 per person to text each other during the cruise! DS and family are cruising with 2 other families, lots of teenagers. If Carnival only charges $5 each that's great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, it's true to use the text feature, it is $5.00 per device. If you would like to use the social media package it was $25 per device.

You can always go back to cave men tactics and use your cabin phone. We are taking our walkies to the consternation of most of the other passengers...but hey, I have 18 people to keep up with. They'll just have to Get over it.

We never use our phones onboard. Don't need the inferior photos, we got Go Pro and Nikon for that. Don't want any charges on it either. Just sayin.:o

Just off NCL and used their version of the app, at $8 per device for the whole cruise it included text and phone calls between all subscribed phones and the cabin phones. Definitely worth it to be able to track down other people from other cabins. Glad to hear Carnival has something similar for our upcoming Carnival cruise, hopefully RCI matches it at some point but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• 1 year later...