Live from the Westerdam-Join the "Pearls of the Pacific" gang's South Pacific Cruise

kazu

I am here at my hotel. Arrived last night at 8 the plane was early. Tried to stay awake for as long as possible, so I did a little ironing of the clothes I stuck in my carryon.

I awoke at 4:30 but managed to get back to sleep for another hour and a half. Up at 6,down to breakfast at 7:30 and now just trying to waste time until I can go into town and do some sightseeing.

We are at PDX. A group of people waiting to board are also on Westerdam. Our flight boards in about half an hour

I think my mom is one of them! She texted me about an hour ago. Marjorie flew over from Hawaii so she could cruise to Hawaii. Not the first time she's done that.

My über driver/friend is due in half hour. I'm staying in the Gaslight district and have two Open Table reservations for later today.

Wishing you safe travelling, good luck transiting through LA.

Thanks for that - yes we arrived all in one piece. We've done this trip several times butthis one would have tohavebeen the 'longest'. It seem to take for ever :)

No probs getting out of international and over to our domestic terminal. We enjoyed a nice little bus ride round the tarmac this time lol

We are in the Las Vegas airport waiting for our flight to San Diego, a short flight.

We've been sitting on our balcony watching the planes land at Lindbergh Field here in SD. It's a beautiful day here. Already walked a couple of miles.

Edited by MsABGilroy

Thanks for that - yes we arrived all in one piece. We've done this trip several times butthis one would have tohavebeen the 'longest'. It seem to take for ever :)

No probs getting out of international and over to our domestic terminal. We enjoyed a nice little bus ride round the tarmac this time lol

Welcome to the USA. I hope you won't too jet-lagged and will enjoy a well deserved sleep tonight.

Roy

I'm so excited for all of you - Kazu, save your arm and let someone else carry your luggage and purse as well. I'll be following your travels from afar (Japan) for the next couple of weeks, but wanted to say Bon Voyage and sayonara till you return !

Smooth Sailing ! :) :):) :)

Gerry

Just wondering if any of the early-to-San-Diego roll call were at the harbour when the Hornblower crashed into the dock yesterday.:eek: What a fright that gave to those standing there.

It was a whale watching tour boat....hope no one was seriously hurt....and hope no Westie cruisers either......

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-whale-watching-ship-crash-video-20160401-htmlstory.html

Just wondering if any of the early-to-San-Diego roll call were at the harbour when the Hornblower crashed into the dock yesterday.:eek: What a fright that gave to those standing there.

Oh my!:eek:

As my DH would say, it sounds like the Captain was making it into an amphibious operation.

(DH would ask me that when I waited longer than he would have to tack while beating toward the beach).:o

Fun morning buying wine with susiekislandgirl & DH and lunch at Roy's -yum!! Preparing for Hawiian ports. Meeting weBboaters later for a drink at our Mariott Marquis Marina Bar before dinner together with new cruising friends. Can't wait to meet all of you! Can you believe, after all the waiting and planning, we sail tomorrow??

Saw aircraft carrier from our window and hope to watch Westerdam sail in tomorrow, just waiting for us!! So excited!

We walked over there this morning and had a look. They have the area partitioned off but you can see through the wire that it really did a number on the sidewalk as well .

We walked over there this morning and had a look. They have the area partitioned off but you can see through the wire that it really did a number on the sidewalk as well .

I saw a video of it on the 4 o'clock San Diego news. Yikes!:eek: