Any hotels near Port of Miami you can leave your car?

atlantaskip

I am looking for a hotel near the POM where we can leave my truck and not have to pay. Driving in day prior from Atlanta and would like to try and save a few bucks instead of paying for the parking deck at the port. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

There are three budget hotels near the MIA airport that offer cruise parking deals - La Quinta East, Comfort Suites North and Springhill Suites Medical Center. None include a shuttle back to your car, so figure on a $30 cab ride in addition to the hotel bill.

Parking at POM is covered, convenient and secure = parking anywhere else will likely not be covered, will be much less convenient, and for sure will not be as secure. :eek:

You might consider staying cheap north of Miami (Palm Beach - even Orlando is only a 3.5 hour drive from Miami) and driving to POM the day of the cruise.

It's your truck - do you feel lucky? :confused:

Good call! It is $20/day to park at POM, but by the time you combine the hotel bill with the cab fare needed to get back to your truck, you likely would not save much.

As I mentioned, you could stay in Orlando/Kissimmee - where I have seen reasonable hotels for under $50 at some times of the year - and drive to POM the morning of your cruise.

Have a great cruise!:)