Crazy long signatures

Gut, I just remembered - the time you tried putting the countdown clocks side by side you had three in a row, not two. That's why it was too wide.

Ahhhhh thanks.

See how it goes now.

Talking of your signature Uncle Les, followed a caravan this morning and what's written on the spare wheel cover but "Adventure before Dementia" Now Mrs Gut was very captivated by it, so I had to explain other how that is your signature and the "Van people" we're probably just a pack of copy cats.

B***dy Caravanners, I will sue them for using my favourite verse. Thanks for telling Detective Gut.

I don't mind most signatures, but do wish people would delete their old already sailed countdown clocks as they take up more space.

Also agree requotes with loads of pics is wasting space.

Personally I like to know what others have cruised, because when they offer an opinion on some aspect of cruising I can then see if it is based on some sort of experience with that cruise line or destination etc etc or if they are just posting based on reading CC. ;)

What I have done with my sig is to keep the font size very small so it takes up less room. I don't use the countdowns but do have what I consider to be a smallish Crown & Anchor status graphic. As time goes on I'll spread the past cruises more across the page than in a vertical list, may even consolidate them a little more now to shorten it further.

I also like to know if someone is in a loyalty program as I can then ask them specifically for an opinion on something related to that aspect of cruising.

I saw this members post the other day & was surprised at their sig - they give a whole run down of their family history & the whole thing is a bit rambling! What's also a tad annoying is they use bold text for their posts which they also do for the sig so the whole post gets even bigger.:rolleyes:

Edited by avalon007

My signature has gone through a few iterations over the years. At one point it was very long with a countdown/sailed graphic for 3-4 cruises (one under the other) to the point of being annoying even to me. Now I only put up a countdown graphic for the next cruise, with past cruises only in text - hopefully that isn't too annoying! ;)

That said, cruising for me is at most a once a year 'treat', on a different ship and/or itinerary if possible, and usually with a follow-up highlights video that I hope has been useful to at least someone in researching future cruises (whether from showing the ship, the ports, or who knows what else!) :)

That's more or less what we do with Tassie.

But we also use it as a taster, a cruise where we know we like the Ports really does let you see if you like the ship. Plus if a ship can handle Bass Strait, when it's angry, it will handle most conditions.

Really hoping it gets a bi rough on QMII to see how an Ocean Liner copes.

Bass Straight acts up very very nasty under certain conditions because of it's shallow depth which causes a particularly nasty type of wave formation, and you're not far wrong in your judgement of a ship's capabilities.

But, there's always a but, for huge seas and absolutely foul weather in my opinion the North Atlantic in a tantrum leaves Bass Straight for dead.

That's more or less what we do with Tassie.

But we also use it as a taster, a cruise where we know we like the Ports really does let you see if you like the ship. Plus if a ship can handle Bass Strait, when it's angry, it will handle most conditions.

Really hoping it gets a bi rough on QMII to see how an Ocean Liner copes.

It will cut through it like a knife through jelly.:D

The beauty of Cruise Critic iPhone app is that it ignores all add-ons, including signatures!

MP.

Aaah nearly perfect, now if it could only filter whining Kiwis, redneck Queenslanders, two headed Tasmanians, Serial killing South Australians and boring Mexicans it would be darn near nirvana, eh...

Cheers r

:cool:

Well no offence intended to anyone but the other day I turned off seeing signatures with the downside of not being able to see my own countdown.

BUT, there's always a but, I found a ripper countdown timer for your PC, free with no catches, but the rules here apparently say I can't post a link.

Is there any way around this?

Aaah nearly perfect, now if it could only filter whining Kiwis, redneck Queenslanders, two headed Tasmanians, Serial killing South Australians and boring Mexicans it would be darn near nirvana, eh...

Cheers r

:cool:

There is another app for that!

On another note, just realised that I have been on CC for 10 years, March 2006. How many hours is that? Back to thread, yes hate those clock thingos, but as has been said by listing cruises history, newbies can see who the cruise vets are and get the answers straight from the horses mouth.

Edited by NSWP

On another note, just realised that I have been on CC for 10 years, March 2006. How many hours is that? Back to thread, yes hate those clock thingos, but as has been said by listing cruises history, newbies can see who the cruise vets are and get the answers straight from the horses mouth.

Happy anniversary.

Happy anniversary.

Thank you Mr Gut, waiting for the postie to arrive with my 10th CC Anniversary world cruise tickets from the Cruise Critic Gurus. For services rendered.

Edited by NSWP

Gday Guys,

Love the CC forums, plenty of great information.....BUT!!

I really hate having to scroll through some of the ridiculously long signatures, some in here are 50 or 60 lines long...

including every cruise that they have ever done, plus their status for each cruise line, the countdown to their next 4 cruises, plus a "qwerky" statement at the end...:mad:

Does anyone really care about a cruise you did in 1986?

When a thread has 6 or 7 pages of replies, i rekon at least 4 pages are just of signatures..

Interested to see what other people think.

Cheers

Craig

I agree..that's why I only chose the memorable cruises I've been and those which are newer..I'm with ya..cheers!

I agree..that's why I only chose the memorable cruises I've been and those which are newer..I'm with ya..cheers!

But include a photo that takes up the space of maybe 5 or 6 extra lines.

But hey to each their own.

Thank you Mr Gut, waiting for the postie to arrive with my 10th CC Anniversary world cruise tickets from the Cruise Critic Gurus. For services rendered.

And so they should uncle Les indeed I think they should give you two tickets one for you and the missus and one for your old pal Gut.

But include a photo that takes up the space of maybe 5 or 6 extra lines.

But hey to each their own.

I was hoping that my photo of tulips at Keukenhof, Amsterdam can pacify those who hate crazy long signatures!

After all, according to L. Burbank-"Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul."

But hey, I don't espouse to please everybody, :P

Cheers!

And so they should uncle Les indeed I think they should give you two tickets one for you and the missus and one for your old pal Gut.

In the mail, Mr Gut old son. You can have the pull down bunk bed. LOL.