Standard Drinks Package

capecritic

Recently I learned that Celebrity has begun offering a third alcoholic drink package, known as the Standard Drinks Package, for $45 + 18% gratuity per day. I saw some promotional materials somewhere listing some of the drinks available on the package, but I was curious what's people experience has been with the Standard package.

Has the selection of drinks been really limited in your experience? Am I correct to assume the package can be upgraded later in the cruise?

I've seen a few "I survived the Classic Drink Package" threads in the past, but really haven't seen one for the Standard package. I'm trying to decide whether I should get the Standard package, and possibly upgrade throughout the duration of the cruise, or just go straight for the Classic.

To add to the above post, I did not quite understand the comments in the "I Survived" threads as you know going in that the Classic has less selection and smaller drinks (noticed that in the Martini Bar).

So, with the new "Standard" package, I suspect the drinks are smaller again and even less selection. A few beers and wines and the soft drinks and coffees would be available I think.

To add to the above post, I did not quite understand the comments in the "I Survived" threads as you know going in that the Classic has less selection and smaller drinks (noticed that in the Martini Bar).

So, with the new "Standard" package, I suspect the drinks are smaller again and even less selection. A few beers and wines and the soft drinks and coffees would be available I think.

From what I'm reading, the Standard doesn't include any of the specialty coffees, which is a bit unfortunate IMO.

Sorry if you didn't understand my comment, I was being a tad facetious. ;) I guess what I'm looking for is people's first hand experience with the Standard package and if they had any tricks or tips about extending your mileage on the package. Things like asking for a particular drink be made with "house brand" liquors, thus bringing it within the price range of the Standard package, or ordering a half order of a drink not included on the package. With the latter, I've heard of people doing something with drinks at the Martini Bar and the Classic package but wasn't sure if something like this has been tried with the Standard package and drinks elsewhere.

We ordered the standard drink package for our Feb. cruise and learned very quickly on the ship that it only includes the house brand red and white blend wines, limited domestic beer brands, well drinks with house brand liquors, bottled water and soft drinks. It does not include specialty coffees or teas, nor any other cocktail drinks including Daily Drink Specials, martinis, etc. We bought the standard drink package pre-cruise, but we were able to up grade to Classic on the ship. We actually waited to upgrade until the second day of our 7 day cruise, because they do pro-rate the upgrade based on remaining cruise days.

For us, the Standard package was too limited. Hope this helps.

The Standard Drinks package, if I remember correctly, was a perk for Oceanviews for those booking in the UK last year and the Classic Package for Balconys. I thought the standard package had been dropped now. Is it still available as an add on? I can't see anything on their website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Standard Drinks package, if I remember correctly, was a perk for Oceanviews for those booking in the UK last year and the Classic Package for Balconys. I thought the standard package had been dropped now. Is it still available as an add on? I can't see anything on their website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, according to this http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/onboard-beverage-packages?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic&tab=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab the Standard Package is still offered as an addon. The package is also available pre-cruise for purchase through the website. I'm taking an upcoming repositioning cruise, so the drink package isn't offered as a free perk.

We ordered the standard drink package for our Feb. cruise and learned very quickly on the ship that it only includes the house brand red and white blend wines, limited domestic beer brands, well drinks with house brand liquors, bottled water and soft drinks. It does not include specialty coffees or teas, nor any other cocktail drinks including Daily Drink Specials, martinis, etc. We bought the standard drink package pre-cruise, but we were able to up grade to Classic on the ship. We actually waited to upgrade until the second day of our 7 day cruise, because they do pro-rate the upgrade based on remaining cruise days.

For us, the Standard package was too limited. Hope this helps.

Yes, this does help. Thank you for the information, especially the part about upgrading.

If you are wine drinker for sure I wouldn't bother with the standard. (The classic limits you enough.) Too as mentioned if a coffee drinker, the premium ones are a nice plus. Beer is really limited. Not sure what kind of liquor they use for the house drinks. But cocktails like margaritas, dacquiris etc would not be included. You'd have to stick with basics like scotch and water, whiskey and 7 etc.

Sure, try it out and upgrade onboard if you find you are missing out.

We don't drink martinis which is a big plus apparently for the premium package. Too it opens up the wine and beer list considerably. We don't find THAT step up necessary.

Before passing any judgement on mixed or straight pour drinks it would be nice to know what BRANDS are categorized as "HOUSE" brands. Are we talking about $4.95/liter vodka or gin?.. I am satisfied for the most part in the brands of spirits included in the CLASSIC especially in mixed drinks. Just wondering how low will their spirit's quality will go.

OMO

bosco

• 8 months later...

Choose select beers and wines, spirits, cocktails, liquors and frozen drinks up to $6 per serving. Brand availability varies by bar location, but includes a variety of well branded spirits, popular wines and beers, fountain sodas, and bottled water. Plus, with purchase of this Standard Package, you can enjoy a 10% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

So, a frozen margarita would pass?