!! Oasis !! 9 Days Medley Cruise ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

Hi Gambee! I am so glad that I found your latest review. While I might or might not ever cruise on Royal Caribbean, (I never rule anything out), I am interested in all cruise lines and ships.

I am so sorry to hear of your troubling family issues, and I do wish your uncle a speedy recovery and return to good health.

And hearty congratulations on your getting your citizenship, and best wishes for continued success in your field of study and career.

And...Happy Birthday!

Looking forward to more of your great review:)

Edited by SMSACE6

I usually leave a little extra cash, sometimes it helped, and others it did not. By help I mean stronger drinks of course.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-181_zpskpcesybg.jpg

This is a new for me, I will be posting some of my checks. I think it will better help people plan their upcoming vacations, and whether or not they have to buy the package. I hope it helps.

Drinks have really gone up in price since our last cruise on the Allure. Great bartender by way, nice fellow :)

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-182_zps7r2134kw.jpg

Seems that they are doing that intentionally. Perhaps trying to get people on the Booze Plan

Happy Birthday!

Great review as always. Thanks for the primer Gambee before my first Oasis class sailing.

Sorry to hear about your uncle. I'll miss him in this review and his crazy wandering antics that were some of my highlights from a past review!

Damn, $19 a day for the soda one. That's a lot of sodas that mom would have to drink to make it worth it. But like I said the premium package is totally worth it, anything over 5 drinks and that's it.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-719_zpse4upn5gg.jpg

Actually, the price of the soda package isn't $19 a day. Soda is only $8 a day. At $19 you also get bottled water, fresh juice and premium tea/coffee. Not bad.

The ultimate package is really a good deal, especially when compared to NCL. Their ultimate package is $79 a day and does NOT include bottled water or fresh juice or premium coffee. Those are all extra.:mad:

Actually, the price of the soda package isn't $19 a day. Soda is only $8 a day. At $19 you also get bottled water, fresh juice and premium tea/coffee. Not bad.

The ultimate package is really a good deal, especially when compared to NCL. Their ultimate package is $79 a day and does NOT include bottled water or fresh juice or premium coffee. Those are all extra.:mad:

First time I've seen the limits of cocktails and wine at $13. Interesting.

Yay... another Gambee review! I've been watching and waiting...

I am so sorry to hear about your aunt, but very relieved to hear your uncle is on the mend. My heart sank when you started your sentence, "Remember my uncle..." I'm glad he's getting his health back in order.

I am SO excited for you becoming a citizen!! Very happy for you. Virtual congratulatory hug sent your way. :D

Thanks so much for this review.

We're just of Freedom for the third time, but now that Oasis is going to PC we're booked for next year (we like taking pre-cruise days in Orlando, kids.). I just booked so this is a very timely review. It's also helping with the post-cruise depression (but not with the constant hunger I'm still having!)

Congrats on the Grad School. I wasn't aware you could get a PhD in PT. Would that lead to a direct patient care job or more admin/research?

Keep me in mind when you are in school, I do some UR work for a QIO and can give you some tips on how to help your patients win Medicare appeals.

Hi Gambee! I've been waiting for your review! Congrats on getting into grad school and becoming a citizen- you have reason to celebrate! Plus Happy Birthday!! Love your reviews-looking forward to your Escape review. I know you are going early May. I remember you posted on Kim's review. Thanks for all the time you spend doing this so we can get an idea of the experience. We hope to sail on Allure or Oasis someday. Hope your Uncle has a speedy recovery. My condolences to you and Mom on the loss of her Aunt. Have an awesome time on Escape!!

Gambee, thanks.

Love your reviews.

Also, congrats on citizenship, welcome welcome welcome.

Also, just curious, where did you reside before the USA.

Also Happy birthday!!!!!

Love this review, just found it and glad I did.

Cannot wait for more.

Thanks

Safe journey and great luck in your profession!!!!!

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!!!😃 Happy Birthday! Happy Citizenship! Happy Grad School! You are one heck of a busy man! Enjoy your vacations, grad school can be a bitch. You have my most sincere admiration for your accomplishments and your character. Some man will be very lucky to have you as a life partner some day. Just make sure he loves cruising and family as much as you do.😉

So happy about another review from Gambee. As usual Gambee, the pictures are great, and so is the review thus far.

1. Congratulations again on becoming a U.S. Citizen.

2. Loved your live review while you were on the beach, can't wait to read more about that.

3. I am as shocked as you are to see how empty the Port Terminal was when you went to check in. It was good for you and your mom though, but very surprising.

4. So sorry about the loss of your Aunt, and I hope that your Uncle recovers quickly. I know he's probably eager to go on another cruise.

Thanks for taking us along...and now it's back to reading the review.

Gambee, thanks.

Love your reviews.

Also, congrats on citizenship, welcome welcome welcome.

Also, just curious, where did you reside before the USA.

Also Happy birthday!!!!!

Love this review, just found it and glad I did.

Cannot wait for more.

Thanks

Safe journey and great luck in your profession!!!!!

He said in his review he's Colombian. It was when he was talking about the coffee, and said it was good, and that's coming from a Colombian.

I guess I should say, he used to be Colombian.

Edited by DrD

Then I decided to take out my go pro and take a few pictures. And that is when I noticed this.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-190_zpsaxjngpcf.jpg

I have to admit that I was a little upset, why could it not had broken a few days before then. I did not even take one picture, and the housing was completely broken. I still had hope that I purchase one on-board, or on a port of call. But I guess at least it was not a major breakdown from my main camera.

I hid my frustrations from mom, I would not let something like this tear down my cruise. But yeah, I was pretty pissed off for a few minutes :mad:

You might want to look into a UV plastic product that is selling these days. Around $20 with a UV flashlight. Looks like superglue but you put it on a break, hit with the flashlight for 3 seconds and it turns into solid plastic. Amazing stuff. The one I use is called RapidFix.

Perfect timing on this review. We booked Oasis for August just a few weeks ago. Looking forward to the rest of your review.

I hope you have a great voyage, thank you for joining in the fun :)

I've only read Gambee's review when I could basically "binge" read them. Having to wait for updates is painful. Hi Allure review really pushed us to oasis class last year. Funny before we did Labadee this year, I showed my wife his Chapters on Labadee and Cozumel. I Still referencing his review. Can't wait to read more.

:D

Waiting for posts is deff painful, I have live it. But I promise to make it fun for you, thank you for following :)

Prayers sent for your uncle, he seems like a fun traveling companion!

So sorry for the loss of your aunt, deaths of loved ones is always so hard :(.

Congrats on grad school, and I know you have some hard work ahead of you!

Yay, congratulations, what an awesome way to get to celebrate all your accomplishments a 9-night cruise on the Oasis :)!

Thank you for your kind words, they are truly appreciated.

More to come!

Thank you for this review! I know they involve a lot of time, but please know your efforts are so appreciated by those of us following along. Your fantastic Allure review prompted me to sail this class of ship, and your photos are simply stunning. :)

Congratulations on both citizenship, and acceptance to grad school--seems you had much to celebrate on this sailing!

They do indeed take a lot of work and time, but I think they are very much worth it. I know they that many use them as references, I try my best to help everyone plan their vacation :)

Always love a Gambee review, especially when you're reviewing my favorite ship! Sailing on her again this Saturday and flying out Friday morning so lots to do yet but here I sit reading your review! lol [emoji2]

Love how you and your mom are cruise buddies and that you're such a great son!

Now back to packing....

Dee

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Have a great cruise! I am sure the cruise will be as rewarding as our was =)