!! Oasis !! 9 Days Medley Cruise ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

Hi Gambee! Happy Birthday!

I followed your previous RCCL reviews with great interest and am looking forward to reading the rest of the review!

Thank you, and glad to see you here as well :)

Yay... another Gambee review! I've been watching and waiting...

I am so sorry to hear about your aunt, but very relieved to hear your uncle is on the mend. My heart sank when you started your sentence, "Remember my uncle..." I'm glad he's getting his health back in order.

I am SO excited for you becoming a citizen!! Very happy for you. Virtual congratulatory hug sent your way. :D

Thank you for your kind words :)

Glad to see here enjoying the review

In the room we got to meet our AMAZING neighbors. The story will develop slowly with this topic, but let it be said that they had quite an impact on our cruise. It was a family of 3, the father was a bit older than the mom, and their young daughter. I am guessing he was the stepfather, but not sure. One thing if for sure, he way over paid for that cruise. He booked 2 weeks before the cruise, and he kept trying to get my figure of how much I paid. He also complained that he wanted a land vacation, but she wanted a cruise. Oh, how I wish he had taken that land vacation instead…

Anyway, here is the queen of cabin 666. Even the cabin number matched them, lol :D.

I'm sorry to hear you had negative experiences with your neighbors! :( On the other hand, every good story needs a villain! :)

Thanks so much for this review.

We're just of Freedom for the third time, but now that Oasis is going to PC we're booked for next year (we like taking pre-cruise days in Orlando, kids.). I just booked so this is a very timely review. It's also helping with the post-cruise depression (but not with the constant hunger I'm still having!)

Congrats on the Grad School. I wasn't aware you could get a PhD in PT. Would that lead to a direct patient care job or more admin/research?

Keep me in mind when you are in school, I do some UR work for a QIO and can give you some tips on how to help your patients win Medicare appeals.

It is called DPT, we go directly into patient care. It used to be a masters, but now it is a doctorate. Actually, before it used to be a bachelors. I guess they want more money for longer schooling. But I will enjoy havin the Dr. attached to my name :D

Hi Gambee! I've been waiting for your review! Congrats on getting into grad school and becoming a citizen- you have reason to celebrate! Plus Happy Birthday!! Love your reviews-looking forward to your Escape review. I know you are going early May. I remember you posted on Kim's review. Thanks for all the time you spend doing this so we can get an idea of the experience. We hope to sail on Allure or Oasis someday. Hope your Uncle has a speedy recovery. My condolences to you and Mom on the loss of her Aunt. Have an awesome time on Escape!!

Thank you for the kind words, we are indeed excited for Escape! But right now we are still aboard Oasis :D

Thanks for a great first day, Gambee! I will most definitely be back for more! Thank you very much for taking the time to do such a wonderful, detailed review. :cool:

You're very welcome, thank you for following along.

Happy Happy Birthday, Gambee!!!!:D:D

Hope you had an AMAZING day!:D

Thank you. I was at work all day, but it was a very rewarding day :)

Mom and I plan on celebrating another day =)

Gambee, thanks.

Love your reviews.

Also, congrats on citizenship, welcome welcome welcome.

Also, just curious, where did you reside before the USA.

Also Happy birthday!!!!!

Love this review, just found it and glad I did.

Cannot wait for more.

Thanks

Safe journey and great luck in your profession!!!!!

Colombia :)

Thank you for the kind words.

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!!!😃 Happy Birthday! Happy Citizenship! Happy Grad School! You are one heck of a busy man! Enjoy your vacations, grad school can be a bitch. You have my most sincere admiration for your accomplishments and your character. Some man will be very lucky to have you as a life partner some day. Just make sure he loves cruising and family as much as you do.😉

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I really appreciate your kind words. I am ready for the challenge!

So happy about another review from Gambee. As usual Gambee, the pictures are great, and so is the review thus far.

1. Congratulations again on becoming a U.S. Citizen.

2. Loved your live review while you were on the beach, can't wait to read more about that.

3. I am as shocked as you are to see how empty the Port Terminal was when you went to check in. It was good for you and your mom though, but very surprising.

4. So sorry about the loss of your Aunt, and I hope that your Uncle recovers quickly. I know he's probably eager to go on another cruise.

Thanks for taking us along...and now it's back to reading the review.

Oooooo the beach, yeah that was a fun day.

Thank you for posting and following along.

Much more to come soon =)

Excited to read as usual!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the follow.

Great review so far, eventually I will visit the Oasis class. I have not heard anything bad about them and some friends are going on Allure in November. Maybe 2018.

Hey! nice to see you here. I am sure you will love the Oasis class, nothing like that on the sea. You can get some great rates in November.

You might want to look into a UV plastic product that is selling these days. Around $20 with a UV flashlight. Looks like superglue but you put it on a break, hit with the flashlight for 3 seconds and it turns into solid plastic. Amazing stuff. The one I use is called RapidFix.

I will look into it, thanks for the suggestion.

I'm sorry to hear you had negative experiences with your neighbors! :( On the other hand, every good story needs a villain! :)

She sure was one! You do have a point, at least it gave us something to talk about, LoL.

We woke up nice and early, and just like on our Allure cruise I turned on the TV to place our breakfast order. Little did I know that it is not possible to place same day breakfast orders on Oasis. I am not sure if it also changed for Allure, but at least that was the case here. I was a little bummed out about that, since I was looking forward to it. But, no big deal, there is plenty of food on that ship.

I also forgot to mention that the safe is tiny, so tiny that we had to fold our naturalization certificate to fit it in there. It is not that there is no space in the closet, I am not sure why they are so tiny. At one point the safe locked on us and it started making beeping loud noises. But it was quickly opened for us by a security supervisor.

With the room service failure, we changed the channel to the bridge one to take note of where we were.

I look forward to the day that I can visit Cuba, I know it is a touchy subject to many. And in a way it is to me as well, but I am a traveling person, and the amount of history there must be ridiculous!

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-2_zpskz60kyzx.jpg

A view from the balcony. Perfect weather, once again God never forgets us.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-3_zpsra3wkpic.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-4_zps07stdux8.jpg

One day Gambee, one day. Geez, I have a lot of "one day scenarios".

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-6_zpsepqg5xnm.jpg

I was feeling a little stuffy, so I took some emergency C. Let it be said, that until today I am not sure the cough was caused by our smoking neighbors or not. But I have a feeling it did.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-5_zps9v39esos.jpg

I shaved and marked the activities for the day. This is the first time that I bring a highlighter, funny thing is that we ended up missing more than half of the planned activities. But we had the best intentions of going there.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-9_zpss2mifjnq.jpg

I told mom that I would go upstairs and get us some food, so that we could enjoy some kind of food on our balcony. She was too busy with her phone to even acknowledge me :rolleyes:.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-10_zpshxfufd66.jpg

Please note this picture, they have all the ingredients to make your own eggs benedict.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-11_zpsp8ywfi3v.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-18_zps9zmig0vc.jpg

I brought the food down and then realized that we had no utensils.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-19_zpsywxsepis.jpg

I went out and looked for them in the cafe promenade, but they were not available there. So I went back up to the Windjammer and go them. I also made myself some eggs benedict.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-24_zpsdv6225qb.jpg

Then it was time to eat. The Windjammer actually has a nice selection, and the food is quite good. But just try not to go there at prime time, otherwise your experience might not be as pleasurable as ours was.

The only thing that was lousy were the scrambled eggs.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-25_zpshqozxij5.jpg

After breakfast I decided to go upstairs, mom had some work to do and she said that she would do it on the balcony. So up I went to the Solarium to enjoy the great weather!

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-27_zpslio4663d.jpg

It was still kind of quiet on the Lido deck.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-28_zpszomt8ybj.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-29_zpstyjkhn8d.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-30_zpscx5zleka.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-31_zpsxdmiynhv.jpg

Even though we never went there, the beach pool seems like the nicest of the 3 pools.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-32_zpswy1ukvqd.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-33_zps8tpqrh9w.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-34_zpshdee6drs.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-35_zpsf5pxl0gk.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-36_zpsyxrng814.jpg

I found a nice lounger and relaxed there for a little while. I saw tons of flying fish from there. After a little research I read that they fly to scape predators, well this is the hell of a predator, I can imagine why they would fly to get away from Oasis, LoL. Poor things.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-37_zpsnt8ppad4.jpg

I was there for a few hours, and then I decided to check the deck below, before going to guest services.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-52_zps0e7zyzas.jpg

I took my hat off, I already had one blown off by the wind on the Carnival Breeze. That was not going to happen again!

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-53_zpsicd6dfvh.jpg

It is extremely windy down there, lots of fun.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-55_zpsi6mlr1qu.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-56_zpssp2zttpo.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-57_zpstlv07ctn.jpg