!! Oasis !! 9 Days Medley Cruise ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

We headed inside and ordered 2 roast beef sandwiches.

They had soups??? Where? I never saw them, dammit, LoL. Oh well, I will have to book another cruise.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-38_zpsn5raoph8.jpg

Never mind, there they are, how is it that I never saw them there. Selective vision, and by that I mean roast beef sandwich? :rolleyes:

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-37_zpsfzxkenh9.jpg

It was nice and cold in there.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-36_zpskfqe2sfa.jpg

Mom waiting in line, waiting for a salad.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-39_zps22gba0r2.jpg

And there you have it, in all its glory.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-35_zpsozxxgh4z.jpg

By the way, I thought the coffee was quite good. And this coming from a Colombian. Then again, I dislike Starbucks coffee. So I have a bit of an odd palate. I like my coffee with a strong kick and non of those fancy calories :D

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-40_zpsftvwn47j.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-41_zpsza7dfnqs.jpg

Something to note is that this is the only ice machine that I saw on the entire ship. With the soda machines in place, I guess they removed the ice machines. It was a little of a bummer for me, because I am an ice addict. Let's say when having lunch in the Solarium, your only option is to ask for ice and then they have to go get it for you. Just inconvenient if you ask me. But yeah, if you know of another one let me know. Because I sure did look for them.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-42_zpsiysq1gtu.jpg

Like I said, mom got herself a tasty salad and some fruits. I saw some people brining cups of fruit to port for lunch, they also brought some of the sandwiches that are wrapped up. Good idea if you're trying to save money. I might try on our next cruise, which by the way is really soon ;-)

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-43_zpsrt5pu3l9.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-45_zpsmhbuohxx.jpg

How was it you asked? Amazing unlike the one I had on the Allure. The difference you asked? I figured out that my ex told to put relish in it, I hate that stuff. But this one was delish, I enjoyed it very much :D

Please tell me how is that on the Allure cruise I only had one of these, and it was made by my ex:confused:

Shame on you Gambee :p

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-44_zpssgmwucng.jpg

Not sure if it's just me, but I don't see any pictures yet. Using Chrome with Win 7

Same browser and OS for me, the pictures are ok, but its an hour later, so maybe magic network Genie's at work?

Edited by BillOh

I went back in to get some napkins, and silverware for mom.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-46_zpsp14f1hdh.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-47_zps13mp7ifc.jpg

After we enjoyed our lunch, and mom sent 1,000 pictures to the family, we went to Chops to make our reservation for our free dinner from our cruise agent. They told me that I could make the reservation but that he could not yet see the credit. I told to go ahead and do it anyway, and I would check on that the next day.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-52_zpsrnqpjox6.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-51_zpsuphe0syq.jpg

Nice restaurant.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-50_zpsvdj3yzyx.jpg

Same browser and OS for me, the pictures are ok, but its an hour later, so maybe magic network Genie's at work?

I think my VPN was blocking them. :eek: So, I turned it off. :o

I guess I really should be working ;)

We left Chops and headed down to studio B to make the reservations for Cats for mom.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-53_zpsv5kglfrv.jpg

Once we got there we noticed that Studio B was closed. I figured I would wait and make the reservations through the TV system. And if anything she could just sneak into after all the reservations got in.

We still walked around a little, and took some pictures. Everything was very familiar to us already.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-54_zps3ccp6qhg.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-56_zps83ntmulv.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-57_zpsudzss4ie.jpg

How cool is that?

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-58_zpseqzjkye3.jpg

Very neat little area, Love it!

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-59_zpsisr05uhc.jpg

Something to note is that this is the only ice machine that I saw on the entire ship. With the soda machines in place, I guess they removed the ice machines.

I think you can still get ice in your own cup at the Coke Freestyle machines, it just won't dispense any Soda.

BTW, what day is Labadee? I'm dying to see those mayo packets! :D:p Enjoying the pics so far, holding me over for the next 4 weeks.

Edited by BillOh

Loving your review so far.

That would have really ticked me off about the show reservations. We love to see all the shows and plan dinners and everything else around them. What is up with these cruise companies where they can't get their acts together? NCL Escape changed all their entertainment times around on us but only by 1/2 or 1 hour. Kept most of the same nights.

Can't wait to read the next installment.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-41_zpsza7dfnqs.jpg

Something to note is that this is the only ice machine that I saw on the entire ship. With the soda machines in place, I guess they removed the ice machines. It was a little of a bummer for me, because I am an ice addict. Let's say when having lunch in the Solarium, your only option is to ask for ice and then they have to go get it for you. Just inconvenient if you ask me. But yeah, if you know of another one let me know. Because I sure did look for them.

Gambee, here is an ice tip. PS understood you can always get some at a bar. However here is the tip, if you need ice you can it in a regualr cup at any of the Coke Freestyle machines in any type of cup. You do not need to a "chipped" pop tumbler to get just ice. Push your cup on the ice "bar" and it will come.:)

There was an ice machine on Allure in the Wipe Out Cafe, but it didn't always have ice. I haven't been on Oasis in a while so it may or may not still be there. In the WJ on Allure ice was brought to the drink station in bulk in pails. I wonder it the demand is more than a machine can produce per hour?

I am sorry to read about your family's health issues in the recent past. Hopefully you are all doing as well as possible considering what has occured. I also want to say congrats on you on yourr new American status. Virtual hugs to you and your mom for both the losses and citicenship.

Oh, and I am excited to see you up and posting.

We walked a little more, I think mom wanted a picture of her in front of a slots machine to send to the family :rolleyes:

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-60_zps4esjr8r3.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-61_zps2bfqyroi.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-62_zpsdtxkcjyr.jpg

Well, if it is not my best friend Max =)

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-63_zpsdxvtcnbk.jpg

I remember this picture in particular. As I was taking it, a couple was walking by us. And she made a comment along the lines "Why is he taking pictures of a wall? As if they never left their house". For some reason I did notice more of this similar behavior than I have experienced in my past cruise. I simply responded because I want and I can. Once they figure I spoke English, that's when it all ended. Ehhh, whatever, we moved on.

Now that I think about it, why did I take a picture? Muahahahahahah

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-64_zps0bsx1wed.jpg

Just read the first page of your cruise while eating my lunch at work. All I can say is WOW!! I am looking forward to the rest of your review with anticipation. So wish I had your skills in putting together a review with photos and commentary as it would have come in handy for when I was on Anthem of the Seas last November. Talking about a huge ship. Anthem will take your breath away!