!! Oasis !! 9 Days Medley Cruise ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

I've loved reading this review, and have started to read your other ones now too.

I'm going on Oasis in September and am super excited, especially since reading and seeing the pictures you've posted.

I'm debating getting wifi... On Allure in 2014 they gave everyone free wifi on two different sea days for an hour or two did Oasis do this at any point?

Just a quick recall of scores:

Oasis of the Seas 89%

Disney Dream 89%

Allure of the Seas 86%

Carnival Breeze 83%

NCL Breakaway 78%

Celebrity Silhouette 77%

Carnival Victory 74%

MSC Divina 70%

NCL Sky 62%

While Oasis tied the score with the Disney Dream, the overall experience was better on the Oasis. I think I should add a new category called "Fun Level", LoL.

P.S. Don't forget to read my Norwegian Escape Review next month. I plan on starting it on May 14. I would love to see Norwegian get into the 80's range.

Thank you for being a part of this review.

I'm not sure why as I can't really put my finger on it, but I loved the Allure slightly more than the Oasis. It might be as simple as Allure was my first sailing of that class and my first WOW at seas so by the time I sailed Oasis it felt more like a comfortable familiar place. At any rate, although I'm not loyal to one particular cruise line, Royal Caribbean is currently proving itself to be the most innovative and having two of the best ships to sail on.

I'm so looking forward to your Escape sailing and review as we will be sailing her 30 days after you and I can't wait to see where we both rank her. Hopefully she can surpass my own experience on the Breakaway as well.

Great review. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Until Next time! ^_^

Gambee,

Always been a big fan of your reviews. Didn't start reading this one until about a week ago, and it took all week to catch up and read the 70+ pages.

Prior to your review, I had sworn to never go on an Oasis class ship. I didn't feel there would be enough connection to the outside and ocean. My idea of a perfect cruise is being able to find empty barstools with an ocean view somewhere and spending the day relaxing, sipping on a beverage, and people watching. Like you, I'm not really into the big shows. But your review convinced me there are plenty of places on board to stay tied to and within view of the ocean/ports. Plus my four teenage daughters would love the ship and all of the activities.

One other rating or comment that I would be interested in as well, IMHO, would be an "annoyance factor" - constant announcements, excessive upselling by the crew for drink packages, specialty dining, etc. That's one of the reasons I'm a Celebrity fan - ONE announcement per day and not too much upselling after the first day or two.

How are the announcements on RCCL nowadays? Too many? Been a few years since I've been on a RCCL ship.

Can't wait for your Escape review. We've never even tried NCL, and wouldn't mind trying that class of ships.

Good luck with your schooling as well!

Thx.

Bruce

I've loved reading this review, and have started to read your other ones now too.

I'm going on Oasis in September and am super excited, especially since reading and seeing the pictures you've posted.

I'm debating getting wifi... On Allure in 2014 they gave everyone free wifi on two different sea days for an hour or two did Oasis do this at any point?

Not that I noticed. I know that they offered it on Anthem after the storm.

Gambee,

Always been a big fan of your reviews. Didn't start reading this one until about a week ago, and it took all week to catch up and read the 70+ pages.

Prior to your review, I had sworn to never go on an Oasis class ship. I didn't feel there would be enough connection to the outside and ocean. My idea of a perfect cruise is being able to find empty barstools with an ocean view somewhere and spending the day relaxing, sipping on a beverage, and people watching. Like you, I'm not really into the big shows. But your review convinced me there are plenty of places on board to stay tied to and within view of the ocean/ports. Plus my four teenage daughters would love the ship and all of the activities.

One other rating or comment that I would be interested in as well, IMHO, would be an "annoyance factor" - constant announcements, excessive upselling by the crew for drink packages, specialty dining, etc. That's one of the reasons I'm a Celebrity fan - ONE announcement per day and not too much upselling after the first day or two.

How are the announcements on RCCL nowadays? Too many? Been a few years since I've been on a RCCL ship.

Can't wait for your Escape review. We've never even tried NCL, and wouldn't mind trying that class of ships.

Good luck with your schooling as well!

Thx.

Bruce

To be honest with you, I rarely noticed it them. I think they had one or two a day and that was it. The worst I've seen are on Carnival and Norwegian.

What an amazing Shot! Here is to me shooting random pics, Cheers! LoL

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%203-5_zps4d9sydjh.jpg

I'd like to say I'm following along but as usual I'm catching up. Either way I'm enjoying your review as always and using it as research for my 2017 cruise (undecided on what line we will be on at the moment). I have a camera question for you. How do you keep the lens from fogging up when you go from the cool room to the hot balcony?

P.S. The only thing I'm missing from this review is the usual illustration shots. Still my favorite effect.

I'd like to say I'm following along but as usual I'm catching up. Either way I'm enjoying your review as always and using it as research for my 2017 cruise (undecided on what line we will be on at the moment). I have a camera question for you. How do you keep the lens from fogging up when you go from the cool room to the hot balcony?

P.S. The only thing I'm missing from this review is the usual illustration shots. Still my favorite effect.

The A/C on that room was not too strong. Fogging is something that I deal with on a daily basis while on a cruise.

You know I realized that I did not take a single illustration pics when I got home :confused:

Thanks Gambee for such a great review. We doing our first Royal cruise on the Oasis in October and you've given us great information. Thanks to you I don't think 7 days will be enough.:rolleyes:

Both my DH and I wish we knew someone we could introduce you to. Your wonderful and deserve much happiness in your life. Thank your Mom for raising such a wonderful human being.

Thanks gambee,

What a great pictorial review!

Reading your review of the Oasis brought back a lot of memories of our cruise on the Allure. We look forward to our cruise on the Harmony this December.

Tom

Edited by tsconley19

This is the first of your reviews I've read and it's brilliant. We were on the same cruise so I can now say we have cruised with Gambee 😀.

Oasis was our first cruise and we loved it, have just booked Harmony for October.

Thankyou Gambee for allowing us to relive our experience through your eyes, you are a very talented man and we look forward to your next review.

Some people say "they are too big", but quite honestly, you don't feel the size of the ship. My only recommendation is to make sure that your room is near the elevators. Also try to consider whether you spend more time FWD or AFT, and book accordingly.

These big ladies offer something very special, something that I have not felt in any other ship to date. I am not sure how to even explain it. I guess the best way of putting it is that they feel like you're part of that WoW experience that RCCL keeps advertising :D.

Thank you for being a part of this review.

[color="

Thank you for another awesome review. I started following your reviews a couple of years ago when I found your MSC Divina review while planning for our Divina cruise, and have read all of your other reviews since then. I have thought about cruising on one of the O sisters but hubby thinks they are too big, lol. I'm hoping your review will convince him to give it a try.

Sad to say it, but the end of another AWESOME Gambee review. I say it ever time, and I will say it again next month, THANK YOU FOR DOING WHAT YOU DO FOR SO MANY OF US! I don't think you know how many people use your reviews for a break from the problems they have. Many safe travels and I, along with many, many more, are waiting for the next Gambee review. You my friend simply are the best! Thanks again!