Epic Haven Questions

Hi!

I am looking for a little information regarding the Haven experience on the Epic.

1. What are the facilities like at the Port Canaveral for Haven guests? Are they like NYC or Miami?

2. Do they set out pastries, coffee and OJ in the mornings and cookies and candies and coffee in the afternoone in the Courtyard?

3. Is there a Haven Restaurant? Is it nice? What can you say about the menue?

Any other tips would be welcomed!!

Thank you!

just got off the epic haven 2 weeks ago. ill give you whatever information I can. we embarked at Barcelona so I cant say about port Canaveral. there was coffee and pastries out at breakfast in the café. as for snacks during the day, being in the haven means the butler brings snacks to you suite everyday so I never looked elsewhere. let him know what you like and its there. the restaurant in the haven is very good especially for breakfast. it doesn't change but they let you order of menu if they can. you will be spoiled and never want anything else. let me know if you have other question.

gerry

If they use Terminal 1 in PC it is the best we've come across. 1 year old terminal, drop bags outside, separate security line on right side, no one in line. Have docs ready and right through scan. Go up escalators, two ladies were at top, one took us through terminal to far end, waited for next agent, checked in, go to roped off area with juices, pastries, little sandwiches, got cards, quickly onto ship. This was on Spirit but if NCL uses terminal 1 that is how it will work.

Dinner in the Haven is very good. There is a set menu but there are also different specials every night. I asked our waiter every morning what they were so we could choose to eat there or somewhere else. Dinner was usually the least busy meal as well. Always relaxing, never rushed.

I only have experience with the Haven on the Gem, but the Epic looks amazing! We found Miami to be a much calmer and easier experience than the chaos of the Manhattan Cruise Pier (mostly I'm referring to the traffic getting there and such).

We have the SDP, so three specialty meals are included. Both DH & I are Platinum - so that means two more. Sounds like the Epic Restaurant is a great place to try as well for one of both of the other dinners.

Thanks to all who responded... all very useful information. If any one else has any Epic Haven intel to share - please do!!

I only have experience with the Haven on the Gem, but the Epic looks amazing! We found Miami to be a much calmer and easier experience than the chaos of the Manhattan Cruise Pier (mostly I'm referring to the traffic getting there and such).

We have the SDP, so three specialty meals are included. Both DH & I are Platinum - so that means two more. Sounds like the Epic Restaurant is a great place to try as well for one of both of the other dinners.

Thanks to all who responded... all very useful information. If any one else has any Epic Haven intel to share - please do!!

If you haven't already read it on here, the Plat. dinner is limited to one item from each category (or at least it was for us a couple weeks ago on POA).

If you haven't already read it on here, the Plat. dinner is limited to one item from each category (or at least it was for us a couple weeks ago on POA).

Do you mean one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert (each)? If so, that is completely fine.

Since we are both Platinum, we get 2 dinners for 2 at Le Bistro or Il Cucina, I believe... which is also completely fine.

Hello all you enthusiasts!!

I learn so much here. Can I ask if anyone knows (I bet they do) if the pool area in the Epic Haven is covered.........and is it heated.

I'm just a bit worried that mid April would be a bit chilly if not!!

Thanks for your help.

Deeko

Do you mean one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert (each)? If so, that is completely fine.

Since we are both Platinum, we get 2 dinners for 2 at Le Bistro or Il Cucina, I believe... which is also completely fine.

That is correct. And yes, those were are restaurant options as well.

Just returned from a 10 day cruise out of Barcelona. We are more used to smaller ships like Seabourn, Silver Sea and Oceanea. I don't think we would have liked the Eic if we weren't in the Haven - too many people. The Haven gave us a bit of serenity. It was still kid friendly - we had our 2 year old grand daughter. The Haven restaurant was excellent, but the menu did not change. We ate 5 dinners in the specialty restaurants that were very good. The Haven was also excellent for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We only ate one dinner in the regular restaurant and found the food ok, but nothing special. Because the Haven is on floors 16 & 17, it is easy to go down to the Garden Cafe on 15 if you want a quick bite. The pool and hot tubs are glassed in sides, but open top and are heated and never crowded. We were very pleasantly surprised by how nice everything was.

Do you remember if POSH is still included for Haven Adult guests?

Thanks

I've just learned about Posh, so I am quite curious too.

Really, it seems amazing the amount of space dedicated to Haven guests. I am used to the Gem size, but this is the Gem on pleasantly decorated steroids!

Dinner in the Haven is very good. There is a set menu but there are also different specials every night. I asked our waiter every morning what they were so we could choose to eat there or somewhere else. Dinner was usually the least busy meal as well. Always relaxing, never rushed.

Here is the Haven menu we had on the Escape in February - pretty sure it's fleet wide now. No picture of the dessert menu - but the banana creme pie is pretty fantastic. We came back to the Haven restaurant one night - after dinner at another specialty restaurant - just to get it! ;)

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Edited by happy cruzin

Do you remember if POSH is still included for Haven Adult guests?

Thanks

Really, it seems amazing the amount of space dedicated to Haven guests. I am used to the Gem size, but this is the Gem on pleasantly decorated steroids!

Yes - POSH is included for Haven guests.

The Epic does not have a separate sundeck in the Haven, like of the -Aways and the Escape. ;)

The Epic has a fantastic Haven!

The space on the -Aways and the Escape is probably technically the same size, but they have definitely downsized the courtyard, lounge and grill space, because the added more cabins.

Even with more people using a smaller space the Haven on the -Aways and the Escape is still wonderful - but considerably downsized from the Epic.