Does Britannia have a internet cafe ?

Miss`s mum

No. There are computers in the library you can use, but you have to buy an Internet package - minimum £30 for 100 minutes. They often do a deal so that if you buy in advance of your cruise you get extra minutes. I got 120 minutes for my £30.00. They also do deals throughout the cruise.

If you don't use up all your minutes before the end of the cruise you don't get a refund. The ship's Internet is very, very slow (I was using 10 minutes of time just logging on on my smartphone!), the system is clunky, it doesn't support 3G, often drops out and doesn't like certain makes of phone! P&O say they are in the process of upgrading it on all ships eventually, but I don't know whether this is happening yet. You would have thought they would have made it standard on the new ship.

If you need to keep in touch with family/check e-mails, it's better to wait until you're in port and use the free wifi available there. Just look for the bar or café that the ship's crew heads to - that's where the free wifi is!

Or you can use the MCP service when at sea, your Internet service providers website should tell you the charges they apply for calls/texts/data access.

You don't need to wait until you reach port to receive or send emails. Downloading them is quick, even on ship's internet, and you switch off the internet as soon as it's downloaded. Type your replies while offline, and then login again to send them. Don't try and send photos.

You don't need to wait until you reach port to receive or send emails. Downloading them is quick, even on ship's internet, and you switch off the internet as soon as it's downloaded. Type your replies while offline, and then login again to send them. Don't try and send photos.

Great advice.

Exactly what I do with my iPad while on P&O.

Why iPad and not iPhone.

Well, as you say, I can download my emails, check my bank account and, here is the crunch, download the Daily Mail for my good lady and The Telegraph for me.

Get near a good wifi hotspot and all that can be done in less than 8 minutes.

Isn't technology wonderful?

Can the computers in the library be used offline, and do they have useable USB ports. I'd like to back up my photos to an external hard disk as we go along, but I'd rather not take a laptop unless I have to.

If being used offline, do you still eat up your allocated minutes?

Edited by HikingPete

How much it is use to computers in Britannia ?

Its free to use the Computers, however you have to buy an internet package for them to work. You can go for the "Pay as you go" I think that is about £0.50 a minute, but not certain You can surf the P&O Website for free prior to logging in however.

As Grovechick has said they will do a few offers whilst on board giving you a few extra minutes when buying a package. They also do one towards the end of the cruise to tempt you !

Grovechick in #3 has supplied the charges. There is a £2.50 connection fee !

Carnival Corp are meant to be upgrading their systems and charges at some stage.

This is what they presently say on your booking

Satellite internet packages

Taking your tablet, laptop, eReader and mobile phone on holiday? Great! All of our ships are Wi-Fi enabled so you can access the internet on your own devices or via our PC terminals in the Library and Cyb@Study.

We are in the process of changing our satellite internet service across the fleet so while we do this, you are able to purchase satellite 'Internet Credit' before you sail. Once on board, your internet credit can be used to purchase a satellite internet package - your ship will confirm which type of internet package is available. You can also buy internet packages at any time during your cruise. Our satellite internet packages are compatible with all devices and are also available on our computer stations located in the Library or Cyb@study.

Purchasing Gifts

To purchase any of the gifts listed below please call

0843 374 0111

SatelliteSatellite Internet CreditPrice: £30.00

Due the nature of the changes being made to our satellite internet service, at present, we are unable to confirm which packages will be available on board during your holiday - this information will be available from your ship. What we can guarantee however, is that as a minimum, for £30 satellite internet credit, you will receive 100 minutes of satellite internet time. (Dependant on the packages available on board, there may also be a one-time £2.50 activation fee) Head to the Library or Cyb@Study on board to confirm your satellite internet package and redeem your credit.

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/life-on-board/access_internet

Edited by Pennbank

Can the computers in the library be used offline, and do they have useable USB ports. I'd like to back up my photos to an external hard disk as we go along, but I'd rather not take a laptop unless I have to.

If being used offline, do you still eat up your allocated minutes?

I've never been on Britannia and my last P&O trip was Arcadia 3 years ago. At that time, you couldn't use the library computer offline, you were racking up the charges whether connected to the internet or not. This may have changed.

If you have a relatively recent Android phone, why not use an OTG adapter which would allow you to use the phone in place of the PC to move the photos from card to storage?

I've never been on Britannia and my last P&O trip was Arcadia 3 years ago. At that time, you couldn't use the library computer offline, you were racking up the charges whether connected to the internet or not. This may have changed.

You have to be logged in to get charged, They have a free to use section prior to logging in, which lets you look up parts of the companies website.

They should place the 'Horizon' details on this and save paper as its accessible on your personal computer as well.

Edited by Pennbank