I'm standin' here outside your door

I hate to wake you up to say goodbye

But the dawn is breakin'

It's early morn

The taxi's waitin'

He's blowin' his horn

Already I'm so lonesome

I could die.......Words by John Denver

Well, the first two lines are true :D Tom is totally packed and all I have left is cosmetics and last minute stuff in the morning. And YES I will make sure he packs his shaver this time.

We have a 7:15 flight to ATL, then a bit of a long lay over but will take off from ATL about 6:35pm and arrive in Rome at 10:15am Thursday morning.

We have unlimited wifi on the plane so at the airport and on the plane will most likely check in from time to time.

For those that do not know me I am a long time HAL cruiser 4 star that is on the other half toward 5 star. Although in recent years have not done nearly as many HAL cruises, we sort of discovered we like NCL Suite Life so we started to split up our cruising time between the lines, that and I started working a second career which limited my vacation time :o I thoroughly enjoy doing Live From's. It makes for a good diary of sorts ;) I like to post frequently during the day and evenings as well as post lots of pictures.

Through the years the one thing that Tom and I have always wanted to do is to do an Inaugural HAL cruise. While this is not quite like HAL has done in previous ships we still feel excited about being the first paying passengers on board. The other thing we have always wanted to do was to do a Mediterranean Cruise. The timing of this Premier cruise worked out when they first announced they had to move the date from the original February date of the first sailing of the Koningsdam. So this is our first Med cruise, this is Tom's first time to fly across the pond and I have not done this since I was in my teens :o All of our 40+ cruises have been out of North America. So for many reasons we are so DAM excited :D

Wish me luck in attempting to get some sleep tonight before my alarm goes off at 3:15am :eek:

Bon Voyage and smooth sailings on a wonderful journey to The Med!!!!!! You and your hubby will love it!! I look forward to reading your report! Relax and enjoy the ride!!!!!'we will be doing our 4th this October on The Eurodam. The last 3 cruises have been on our favorite Nieuw Amsterdam. We did her inaugural on 7/4/2010 and did our 24 day. We had such an adventure!!!

Safe travels!

Denise:)

So envious of your trip! Should be terrific. Am SO looking forward to your reports, especially any info about the new dining options (impressions of the menus, cost, etc.). Also, if you happen to notice any ballroom dancing please let us know. With the Ocean Bar now having only a piano rather than a band I am not sure if/where there will be dancing (BB Kings is too loud for us and only has a very limited range of ballroom music).

Have a wonderful time! Thx in advance for your posts.

Lisa and Tom,

Have a safe flight. My pickup is 1:00 pm and so far AA is on time,at this point .

The weather gods. must really like us since the forecast for Rome has now improved[emoji3]

See you onboard

Kathy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Good Morning from Las Vegas, Well, I am very close to ready, we will leave for the airport in about 45 minutes.

Of course I got at the most 10 minutes of sleep last night:o But that will just help for me to fall asleep on the plane.

Love my Apple watch, just got notification that our plane is at Terminal 1, D32. I never need to look up anything it tells me what I need when flying:D

Lisa and Tom,

Have a safe flight. My pickup is 1:00 pm and so far AA is on time,at this point .

The weather gods. must really like us since the forecast for Rome has now improved[emoji3]

See you onboard

Kathy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Kathy, yes I saw that, it was to be cold high 60's and thunderstorms for our arrival now it is to be 80 and Sunny. But unfortunately that forecast for high 60;s and rain is for Friday for Embarkation :( Hopefully it will go away as well;)

Hope to see you on board :)