Does C & A level affect guarantee cabin assignment

I couldn't find and answer to this question. Would your level in C & A affect which cabin you may be assigned and also how soon you may be assigned the cabin. Or is there no rhyme or reason to the selection?

I agree with Bob - I think there's no advantage to C&A levels when it comes to guarantee stateroom assignments. We've used guarantees 4 times, 3 times as D or D+, but I never saw any advantage.

Once it took months to get a cabin assignment - finally got one a month before the cruise. 3 times we got a cabin assignment very quickly (within 1 week) and it seems that all of our guarantee assignments were the worst possible cabin location in the category.:rolleyes: Fortunately I was able to call and change to a different cabin within the same category each time. (Twice we've booked the W guarantee and both times we got a JS, so I have no illusions about that.:o)

I'll probably keep using guarantees when there's a significant price advantage, but I've learned not to expect much, other than saving a few bucks!

Judy

I've only done a (suite) GTY once a few years ago when I was a D member...and got my cabin assignment in two days...Paid for a JS and got a GS...funny I like the JS category (cabin) better, but at least I got to try a GS otherwise I would have never known my preference. Now I'm happy to book very early the category/location I want.

Thanks for the replies, when you say assignments within one week or within 2 days does that mean from time of final payment? Thanks.

You can get your assignment anytime between the time you book until the day of the cruise. Your assignment is not dependent on making final payment.

I've only done a (suite) GTY once a few years ago when I was a D member...and got my cabin assignment in two days...Paid for a JS and got a GS...funny I like the JS category (cabin) better, but at least I got to try a GS otherwise I would have never known my preference. Now I'm happy to book very early the category/location I want.

My particular booking was 3 months out (last minute for me)so final not due yet....I booked on a Saturday and had my cabin assigned by Monday...I was shocked..it was so quickly and that it was a great location for a GS for Alaska itinerary onboard Radiance....I have no idea if it was just luck or my C&A status...I think luck and timing.

Last cruise I booked a guarantee..got a horrible location on deck 2( 2000) on the Brilliance..had to walk past 4 fire doors to get to it...no carpeting on the floor near the stairwell. Hated it!

I am Pinnacle so no, status does not matter.

If you got a Grand Suite you also received some great perks. Have saile in Grand Suite and Junior Suite and received no perks other than Diamond with the JS. I'll take your Grand Suite any day of the week.

If you got a Grand Suite you also received some great perks. Have saile in Grand Suite and Junior Suite and received no perks other than Diamond with the JS. I'll take your Grand Suite any day of the week.

The only perk then was the CL...and (that experience) it turned out not so good....We ended up using and liking the DL and the concierge much more so.