LUGGAGE QUESTION

MTS

I'm on the Diamond this weekend to Alaska. Does anybody know if you can take your luggage on board ship yourself, rather than wait for it to be delivered by the cruise line?

It just seems like it would be easier to wheel it on myself and not worry about when it will get to the stateroom.

Thanks for your help! ;-)

MTS

Only 1 semi-large roll on and 1 small carry on here. I just wasn't sure if their was some sort of cruise line rule or policy about taking on your own luggage.

Thanks!

MTS

I would like to know this answer also. Me and hubby have one rolling suitcase each, and one carry on. It would be great to take it ourselves.

WooHoo, cruisin' again in May 2004!

I just want to know one thing. Where are your clothes? It takes 2 cases just for my shoesicon_smile.gif

Nordic Empress 3/03

Star Princess 10/03

Legend of the Seas 9/04

Parents 60th Anniversary Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;09;05;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Dawn Princess 11/04 Thanksgiving Cruise with Family

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;23;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I'd be surprised if they did allow it. If many people did, it might cause greater lines for the elevators, as the luggage would take up people space. But, if someone replies that it's OK, I may do it myself on my cruise next month. MTS, report back if you can. Thanks.

Jackie

Regal Princess June 5 2004 Alaska

Windstar Tahiti 2003/4

Sea Princess Mexico 2001

Nieuw Amsterdam HAL Alaska 1997

Crown Dynasty Panama Canal 1994

Vistafjord Cunard Mediterranean 1987

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dcourt:

I just want to know one thing. Where are your clothes? It takes 2 cases just for my shoesicon_smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bet he only has one pair of black shoes as well! LOL

The x-ray machines you go through on the ship are only able to handle carryon size luggage just like on the airlines. If you have bigger luggage with you you will hold up the line because someone will have to physically hand check your luggage which they generally do not have the space set up for it.

Not sure if you will they will allow you to bring on the bigger suitcases but I do know it will cause some holdups in the line.

May you have clear skies and calm seas!

For security reasons (obviously) they'll want to scan your luggage. Other passangers may get leary or even want to carry on their own causing maham.. so they will try to disuade you from doing so. In today's world of high security I would just as well let them deal with scanning/xraying all luggage for my peace of mind. Remember you might be ok with it but fellow pax may not be....

Pete...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by roohound:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dcourt:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bet he only has one pair of black shoes as well! LOL<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm trying like heck to pack light for this trip. I end up bringing stuff I never wear. I'm also "recycling" clothes. Since I'm in a suite and get free laundry and dry cleaning, I'm just gonna rotate what I wear. I don't care if people see me in the same thing twice, as long as it's clean. (LOL) Plus i'm only bringing 2 pairs of shoes. Tennis (walking) shoes and dress shoes for dinner. On the 2 formal nights I'm eating in the Horizon Court since I absolutely HATE dressing up!

I'm gonna start packing tonight, so let's see If i'm true to myself and pack lightly. ;-)

Thanks for your responses everyone!

MTS

Best of luck MTS!

I keep having to remind myself about the free laundry adn I find myself overpacking anyway icon_rolleyes.gif But, on the bright side, I am only bring 4 pair of shoes.....5 if yu count my flip flops icon_smile.gif

Hey, you leave right around the same time I do..only you're going out of Seattle, yes? I'm flying into Seattle on Friday so if I see the Diamond I'll wave icon_smile.gif

On our first cruise (Grand 2001) we drove to FLL and missed the porter to take our bags & had to carry them onboard ourselves. It was a hassle, but we made it and as soon as we were onboard a crewmember helped us to our room. Now, after 9/11 it would be different. just put your essentials in your carry-on and don't worry about when your luggage gets to you room.

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001

Grand Princess, Western,April 2002

Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by roohound:

Best of luck MTS!

I keep having to remind myself about the free laundry adn I find myself overpacking anyway icon_rolleyes.gif But, on the bright side, I am only bring 4 pair of shoes.....5 if yu count my flip flops icon_smile.gif

Hey, you leave right around the same time I do..only you're going out of Seattle, yes? I'm flying into Seattle on Friday so if I see the Diamond I'll wave icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm........flip flops huh? Well maybe 3 pair of shoes than. Guess they would be convenient when using the sauna/steam room, pools and hot tubs. lol

Yes we leave out of Seattle. Doing the pre-stay at the Marriott Waterfront so I don't have to feel rushed on Saturday.

Happy Sailing!

MTS

Yeha, I keep telling myself I'm going to be able to use the pool and hot tub and therefore the flops are necessary LOL

We're staying overnight in Seattle on the 7th and then taking the Princess transfer to Vancouver on the 8th. 3.5 hours on a bus doesn't sound like the most fun, but I started thinking about it and realized it might be fun....a busload of excited cruisers! Well, hopefully they're be excited..if not I'll just have to be excited for the lot if us!

Sue,

Seafille, my companion is breaking out the SS Shoebarge in earnest. We just booked our first back-to-back, she brought 13 pairs for a week, I know that it will be more than the expected 26 for two.

Note the shiny new signature.... icon_biggrin.gif

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

No hitting but "greening" is JUST fine.

We had a group of people on a reunion of our now 9 day old Diamond cruise set for 11/27, some key folks couldn't go, but could on the 12/4 sailing.. so being the "givers" that we are... we booked the to-back of the back-to-back and now have 4 Diamonds this year... Only ONE More for a flush.

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

Well I repacked and think I got everything in that I will need. I found out by rolling your slacks and jeans that you can get a lot more. I am sure glad all my suitcases have wheel on them. Couldn't pack them other wise. I am getting by with a pair of dress shoes, boots, slippers and walking shoes. I try to pack enough so that I don't have to wash.

5/6 Regal Princess/ San Francisco

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;6;15;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Originally posted by srphnx:

Sue,

Seafille, my companion is breaking out the SS Shoebarge in earnest. We just booked our first back-to-back, she brought 13 pairs for a week, I know that it will be more than the expected 26 for two.

WOW!!!! 13 pair of shoes for 1 week??!! Guess that must be a female thing huh? :-)) LOL

MTS

Archived