Caribbean Princess Palm Dining Room Questions

jturner901

Hey All:

Of you who have been on the CP I graciously ask, is the Palm one of the PC dining options?

If so, is it less busy, since it is kind of buried at the rear of the ship and off the beaten path (according to cruisestateroom.com)?

Thanks in advance.

All the best!

Jay & Karen Turner

Mount Hope, Ontario

Westerdam – 12/93

Statendam – 10/95

Zenith – 05/96

Westerdam – 05/97

Norway – 10/97

Westerdam – 10/98

Sun Princess – 10/99

Volendam – 10/00

Volendam – 10/01

Century – 10/02

Zuiderdam – 05/03

Caribbean Princess - 05/04

On our cruise, 04/24, the PC dining rooms were Coral and Palm. We did not go to the Palm but were told that it was set up better to handle parties of 2. It is weird to get to. You take the rear elevators to one deck nd then walk down steps to the Palm.

That is what I thought. I'm figure that the Palm and Coral are divided by the galley in between. From studying the ship, I guessed most won't even try to look for the Palm, so we are hoping that this will be our table for two refuge from the rest of the crowd. Thanks for your input. Happy cruising.

All the best!

Jay & Karen Turner

Mount Hope, Ontario

Westerdam – 12/93

Statendam – 10/95

Zenith – 05/96

Westerdam – 05/97

Norway – 10/97

Westerdam – 10/98

Sun Princess – 10/99

Volendam – 10/00

Volendam – 10/01

Century – 10/02

Zuiderdam – 05/03

That's interesting, since the Palm dining room was originally for traditional dining. I have to assume that the change has gone well, since we haven't heard any complaints about Anytime dining on the Caribbean Princess in the last few days.

Completed:

Sea Princess, Royal Princess, Grand Princess (3X), Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess

Coming up:

Tahitian Princess Oct 14/04

Caribbean Princess redux 6/25/05

On our cruise on 4\17 the Palm Dining Room was the traditional dining room. Looks like they are switching rooms between traditional and personal choise. They possibly are trying various options to see what works best. The Palm is aft and has windows that provide a nice view. We were PC so we were only in the Palm on Friday at the Capitan's Lunch for most traveled passengers.

Rick

We were on the 4/24 sailing and ate in the Palm. It is a bit odd to get to but once you find your way...it gets easier each night!! We never had to wait for a table (ate between 8-9pm). Sometimes we just had a table for two and other times we asked to be seated with others. They were overly accomodating---I think lessons learned from the 1st 3 weeks. Hope this helps!

Suzy

The Palm is PC dining now? Wow... that was quick! We enjoyed eating in there for late tradtional last month. icon_smile.gif Yep, it's rather "interesting" to get to the Palm dining room at first, but it gets easier each time. icon_smile.gif

Caribbean Princess - 4/2004

Dawn Princess - 12/2003

Sea Princess - 12/2000

Emerald Seas - 7/1984

We were on the Caribbean's 4-24 sailing. The Palm was one of the PC dining rooms. We only ate in the dining two nights, both at the Palm. We tend to eat fairly early, around 6-6:30. Had no wait for a table for 2 whatsoever, either night. The Palm worked out well for us since our cabin was E-724; we just took the aft elevators near our cabin down to the dining room. Some have mentioned that you can only get to the Palm by using a combination of elevator and stairs, but that isn't entirely true. The aft elevator bank consists of four elevators; the two on the ends go down to the Palm Dining Room; the two center elevators do not.

The way I look at the deck plans, I should be able walk out of one of the bars from cocktails on the Promenade Deck, head aft, through the Photo Gallery, past Sabatini's, past the Gent's Lav, turn right and walk down one flight of stairs to the Fiesta Deck and voila, I'm at the Palm. It looks pretty simple in the deck plans. Need to do a reality check in 17 days!

All the best!

Jay & Karen Turner

Mount Hope, Ontario

Westerdam – 12/93

Statendam – 10/95

Zenith – 05/96

Westerdam – 05/97

Norway – 10/97

Westerdam – 10/98

Sun Princess – 10/99

Volendam – 10/00

Volendam – 10/01

Century – 10/02

Zuiderdam – 05/03

I love these boards. We're in E628 next week and now I know to take the outside elevators down a floor and voila (sp?) I'll be at the Palm Dining Room. Thanks for making things so easy.

Archived