Lobster!

ijkh

I love it...will there be any lobster dinners offered on our up coming Star Princess cruise to the Mediterrean in June? What if we go to the Sterling or Sabatinis? Are there any methods of getting extra lobster nights? I am not too interested in the 50$ balcony lobster dinner. That is just too much. Thanks,

Ilene, lobster eater

Lobster!!!!
While on the Golden 4/10 my husband & I ordered 2 dinners a piece when offered on the Traditional dinner menu.
Mmmmm we had 8 lobster tails in all . . . & loved every bite.
Enjoy.
Laurie

Lobster tail is customarily served on the Second Formal night, I guess the idea is that you aren't as likely to be a pig in your best duds.

[B]<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>[/B]
Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02
Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95
[B]<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>[/B]
Diamond Princess 12/04
Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04
Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02[B]<FONT color=red>
West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>[/B]
Ecstacy 09/01
[B]<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>[/B]
Century 12/97
[B]<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>[/B]
Century 9/96

Lobster- Princess- One word: succulent

Happy Cruising

Chris

[url="http://www.LifeIsCruising.com"]www.LifeIsCruising.com[/url]

Next up:
Caribbean Princess 06/26/04
Star Princess 10/24/04
Diamond Princess 12/22/04
Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

On our April 17 th Golden cruise our waiter came around our table just after serving us our entrees ( lobster for us) he had another plate filled with lobster,and was offering us as many as we liked!!!! I had 2 hubby had 4 or 5 ( they aren't very large) They were delicious!!!
We never asked for seconds he just brought them, plus we were doing personal choice dining so we had never had that waiter before.

Yummy highlight of our dining experiences( oh that and the onion soup and cheesecake!)

Originally posted by srphnx:
Lobster tail is customarily served on the Second Formal night, I guess the idea is that you aren't as likely to be a pig in your best duds.

You want to bet. I'm always a pig, when it comes to lobster. Doesn't matter what I'm wearing. Always ask for more.

Minette<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cruisingfreak:

You want to bet. I'm always a pig, when it comes to lobster. Doesn't matter what I'm wearing. Always ask for more.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You want to bet. I'm always a pig, when it comes to lobster. Doesn't matter what I'm wearing. Always ask for more.[/QUOTE]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cruisingfreak:
[QUOTE] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You want to bet. I'm always a pig, when it comes to lobster. Doesn't matter what I'm wearing. Always ask for more.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Lobster tail is customarily served on the Second Formal night, I guess the idea is that you aren't as likely to be a pig in your best duds.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lobster tail is customarily served on the Second Formal night, I guess the idea is that you aren't as likely to be a pig in your best duds.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You want to bet. I'm always a pig, when it comes to lobster. Doesn't matter what I'm wearing. Always ask for more.[/QUOTE]

Minette

Minette

For DH and I, because we live in CT and get our lobster from a place out of Boston, the lobster on the ships simply do not compare.

Don't get me wrong!!! I love lobster and still enjoy it aboard ship. But it's not like fresh New England lobster! Yummmm! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;04;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
OUR NEXT ONWARD JOURNEY!

On a 15 day cruise, we had 2 lobster nights, and the lobster tails were much larger than I had remembered from the Grand. One lobster night was not formal, the other was.

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001
Grand Princess, Western,April 2002
Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

We are doing our first back to back this Fall, the menues won't vary from week to week so we will know exactly when to expect our red-shelled little friends. I manage a repectable 7 tails on my last sailing and there weren't small, I expect with training, I can improve.

Diamond Princess 12/04
Ecstacy 09/01
Century 12/97
Century 9/96

The night before my hubby's birthday, we decided to order room service. We ordered a lobster dinner, it was not formal night, and we got it. It was delicious, and we did not pay $50/pp for it.

WooHoo, cruisin' again in May 2004!

No.. you do not pay for room service on any meal aside from gratuity, but it isn't served, it is brought. The pay per view dinner is actually served on your balcony, waiter and all from what I understand.

Diamond Princess 12/04
Ecstacy 09/01
Century 12/97
Century 9/96

The food on Princess is a notch above redlobster, no downgrades if you please.

Diamond Princess 12/04
Ecstacy 09/01
Century 12/97
Century 9/96

I know the $50 sounds extravegant for the lobster dinner on the balcony, however, if it includes the dinner, cocktails, French Champagne and a photograph on the deck, it brings the price down for a very special event. I'm just trying to find someone who has done this to see the details. Can anyone help?

Yes, I am very curious myself about this Lobster on the Balcony dinner. I have read several posts and now I'm really confused. I also read somewhere that Princess will not be charging for this feast??? Could this be true??
If it is the case, I feel sorry for the guys who will bring food to our room [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]!!
Even if they charge-it will still be fun....

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;09;11;21;30;00&timezone=GMT-1000[/img]
9/11 Alaska Southbound Island Princess

Archived