Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

It took me (us) a long time to reach D+ and it seems as we did things were taken away...Now the lounge we can go to on certain ships (CL :confused:) is no longer and we're back to the DL...so what's the incentive for that perk and for those that haven't reached D+ yet...doesn't seem like D+ means much anymore :confused:

by that same token, suite pax who are NOT diamond are also finding it damn near impossible to get a seat in the CL. at least D+ have a fall back if the CL is packed. but Suite pax have no such luxury nor do they get the three drink vouchers nightly(unless of course they are D/+ in their own right)

SOMETHING has to be done to alleviate the overcrowding in BOTH lounges.

I have said it many times before: give the D+ the lounge exclusively and let Ds get their drinks via voucher., I'll even be nice and give them one free specialty coffee per day to forestall the inevitable b!tching about the loss of the coffee machine access.

By your "tone" I would take you are diamond plus or above. If they take the diamond lounge from us it will be the second time as second cruise after as diamond remove us from concierges lounge and now you are proposing it again

by that same token, suite pax who are NOT diamond are also finding it damn near impossible to get a seat in the CL. at least D+ have a fall back if the CL is packed. but Suite pax have no such luxury nor do they get the three drink vouchers nightly(unless of course they are D/+ in their own right)

SOMETHING has to be done to alleviate the overcrowding in BOTH lounges.

I have said it many times before: give the D+ the lounge exclusively and let Ds get their drinks via voucher., I'll even be nice and give them one free specialty coffee per day to forestall the inevitable b!tching about the loss of the coffee machine access.

WOW :eek:....I'm a D+ and feel this is entirely unfair to those (D's) that have been loyal to Royal and the C&A program....Keep your specialty coffee..hoping with this attitude you xxxxx on it :mad:

I've cruised three times as a Diamond in the last thirteen months and my observation has been that the free drink coupons are having the desired effect, i.e. the diamond lounge is less crowded because many people are just using the vouchers instead of going to the lounge. I haven't seen any DL crowding problems on those cruises, in fact the DL nightly event on Jewel last month was practically empty before the first seating.

- Kevin

WOW :eek:....I'm a D+ and feel this is entirely unfair to those (D's) that have been loyal to Royal and the C&A program....Keep your specialty coffee..hoping with this attitude you xxxxx on it :mad:

Right? Another member here I have hidden - spouts as much nonsense as our other fave. ;)

It took me (us) a long time to reach D+ and it seems as we did things were taken away...Now the lounge we can go to on certain ships (CL :confused:) is no longer and we're back to the DL...so what's the incentive for that perk and for those that haven't reached D+ yet...doesn't seem like D+ means much anymore :confused:

Years ago we made D which let us into the CL. On our first B2B the rules changed and we were bumped before the end of that cruise.....into the over flow lounge with no food and limited free drink options.

It Happens......you still have a Lounge, we had none then.

We stopped going to the Repeaters party years ago - heck 80% of the ship seemed to be there.

We've been expecting the CL's becoming SL's once we saw it on Liberty's deck plans. We've not experienced bad crowds in CL's but certainly have in DL's. I do feel bad for D+ BUT the lounge is just as nice if not nicer on many ships. Certainly better than when the D's lost the CL access and had nothing to replace it for awhile.

All we have to do is look around and recognize that they have to make changes due to the population explosion.

Our next cruise will be our first Diamond Cruise. It will be interesting to see what happens. DH and I think we would rather enjoy our three free drinks in a place of our choosing rather than crammed into the Diamond Lounge. Be interested to see just how much they change the Diamond Perks.

Regarding meal with an officer for only D+, and Pinnacle getting either Captain's or HD table or meal in a specialty restaurant: That is not so different from what Pinnacles have gotten in the past on some ships. If there was a meal in the restaurant, it was a lunch buffet style. Not hard to handle 30 or 40 people. NV and SR did this combined with suites (all gold cards)n the past. And for those ships that had a Captain's table, often Pinnacles were invited. Since several ships did not offer Captain's table in the past, this may prove interesting. As for the lounges, we have always preferred the D lounge to the C lounge on every ship except Oasis.

I am thankful for a loyalty program. The DL/SL are wonderful but what I truly appreciate is.....2 things. First, the GREAT service the RCI employees give us. They truly are some of the best! And second, the discount we get in a balcony or suite. Thank you Royal for the C&A loyalty program you offer!

Right? Another member here I have hidden - spouts as much nonsense as our other fave. ;)

I think it's a valid point. If I paid $$$$ for a cruise as a suite passenger and couldn't find a seat in the lounge I would be pi$$ed.

I understand the D's feel like they're getting screwed, I'm a lowly Emerald and by the time I make it to D or D+ there probably won't be any benefit to being loyal by then.

I think it's a valid point. If I paid $$$$ for a cruise as a suite passenger and couldn't find a seat in the lounge I would be pi$$ed.

I understand the D's feel like they're getting screwed, I'm a lowly Emerald and by the time I make it to D or D+ there probably won't be any benefit to being loyal by then.

I'm with you on that one. For our next cruise we're actually looking at other lines.

I've cruised three times as a Diamond in the last thirteen months and my observation has been that the free drink coupons are having the desired effect, i.e. the diamond lounge is less crowded because many people are just using the vouchers instead of going to the lounge. I haven't seen any DL crowding problems on those cruises, in fact the DL nightly event on Jewel last month was practically empty before the first seating.

- Kevin

I guess it's from cruise to cruise and specific periods of sail. For example, on our Feb 6th Oasis sail the 11the deck D lounge was crowded with the same folks in the same seats. The 12th deck was empty, I guess folks don't go there as they are afraid of not getting their drinks or snacks. On the March 26th (Easter) Oasis sail, both the 11th & 12th deck DL was empty on or about the same time of 5-6pm.

I was delighted to be invited to the Welcome Back party on Allure last September (my second RCI cruise, I had 12 points). I thought it was a really nice touch and apart from the BOGO beer it was the only perk I used. I was looking forward to going again on Legend in December and Jewel next June. I doubt I will ever make it to D never mind D+ so that is the only change that will affect me and the other lowly Gold members it's a shame to lose the one good perk we had.

I guess it's from cruise to cruise and specific periods of sail. For example, on our Feb 6th Oasis sail the 11the deck D lounge was crowded with the same folks in the same seats. The 12th deck was empty, I guess folks don't go there as they are afraid of not getting their drinks or snacks. On the March 26th (Easter) Oasis sail, both the 11th & 12th deck DL was empty on or about the same time of 5-6pm.

Personally, we find the seating up on the 12th very uncomfortable and avoid it.

No mention of discounted drink pkg? It is now on all ships just not advertised. 50% off for pins 40% off for D+ and 30% for D's. With that I don't need lounges to camp at.

I've read very few reports of the C&A discounts on drink packages. I think that it has only been trusted on a few and is not fleet wide. I do hope that it us done thing that they eventually roll out to all ships.

I've read very few reports of the C&A discounts on drink packages. I think that it has only been trusted on a few and is not fleet wide. I do hope that it us done thing that they eventually roll out to all ships.

came out as fleet wide memo. some BV managers not sharing as of yet.