Dress Code Caribbean cruise

Bases5

Trousers at dinner - no shorts. Jacket not needed at dinner - hardly anyone wears one. On Captain's Dinner Night either jacket or no jacket - your choice. Very few people wear a jacket on that night - even if invited to the Captain's table. The Captain will be in his "whites". I take a tie just in case we are invited to the Captain's table - it has happened!

Shorts O.K. for breakfast, lunch etc.

Have a super holiday on what looks like your first Clipper adventure

Don't believe I ever saw jeans on a Star Clipper, but that doesn't mean they aren't allowed. I DO know that shoes are required for any meal in the dining room. My guy was in dining room for lunch buffet, wearing shorts, tshirt and barefoot. Maitre 'd approaches him and very quietly so only my guy could hear, asks: Is there something wrong with your feet? When Jeff says no, he is told (again quielty): Well then, put shoes on them.

Words to remember.....and Jeff did. LOL.

Hi there!

Jeans is absolutely no problem and definitely in the allowed range of the dress code. I always wear jeans for dinner - okay, black jeans... but it's jeans :)

Long pants - that's it. No matter what shape or colour, it's all up to your personal comfort.

And please, closed shoes... for the comfort of everybody else in the dining room :eek: :D

Enjoy your trip on the most beautiful ships sailing the seas!

Dominik

• 2 weeks later...

Nice jeans were ok when hubby wore them to dinner on Star Clipper. One of our dinner mates did come in his shorts and the maitre'd politely asked him to change.

Edited by Sailgal05