Arcadia or Aurora for round trip to Caribeaan

Corydory

We are considering a trip round caribeaan from Southampton and as we have only cruised europe with P & O but have done same trip on Cunards Queen Elizabeth we would like some insight in the differences between Arcadia v Auroura there is also a similar trip on Cunard Queen Victoria but fancy a change

Your advise would be most welcome

lynn & Dave

Hi, I have done roundtrip to the States on Arcadia and love it. Have not sailed on Aurora, but believe she is very similar to Oriana and we love her. Aurora is child friendly, Arcadia is adult only. arcadia is quite bland inside, but we like her spaciousness, large teak deck at the stern with a decent pool. Also lovely wide Prom deck.

We have also done a trarnsatlantic on Arcadia. We also like the ship.

We love Aurora.

Bit difficult to compare the 2 as Aurora is very traditional with tiered stern decks and Arcadia is more modern and light. It also doesn't really have an atrium to speak of.

Difficult and I wish it was a choice I had to make.

There are many more balconies on Arcadia , so they would be cheaper than those on Aurora, which only has 3 decks of balconies.

If I had to choose it would be Arcadia over Aurora. Loved Arcadia seemed very spacious good deck space, bars and pools especially at the stern. The dining we felt was probably some of the nicest we have had, the balcony cabin had a small sofa area which was so useful.

Although my experience on Aurora was only a short cruise felt it is not as good on all points mentioned also it is (and felt) an older ship

We would choose errrrr the one beginning with an A. We like both ships and it may well come down to the date of travel. At the moment we would choose Aurora as it is a year or two since we have been on her.

It is difficult fitting them all in. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We would definitely choose Aurora. We are not keen on Arcadia, have been on her twice and still don't really like her. Have tried to analyse why - don't like the fact that she doesn't have a proper atrium, she seems not to have a heart of the ship. Now they are doing Freedom Dining the lower floor of the Meridian Restaurant is for Club Diners, which we are, and really prefer being on the upper floor but that's just a minor point.

Really love Aurora - she seems more like a "proper" ship - and since her refurb she's in great condition, We love the stern of the ship, really attractive.

I realise there are a large amount of devotees of Arcadia but can only say what we think of the two ships.

We have been on Arcadia twice and loved it, infact booked the UK to the Caribbean and back for later this year on her as a special Anniversary trip. Cannot offer any reflections on Aurora as we have not been on her.

Another plus for us on Arcadia is that she is Adult exclusive.

Have fun planning