Epic Cirque with kids - A few questions

mkinsocal

Sailing on Epic in a few months. There will be six of us, including our 2 boys (8 & 10) and my folks. We definitely want to see the Cirque show, and have read that premium is the best (balcony if you don't want to be in show, floor if you don't mind...). A few questions tho:

1) My kids are not steak / shrimp eaters. Do you know if there is a kids menu (for lack of a better term)?

2) My understanding is that the tables / booths are for five people. Is that true for premium as well? It would be nice if all 6 of us could sit together, but maybe not possible??

3) Someone had mentioned in a previous post that sitting in the balcony may be hard to see everything if you're short (eg, my kids) -- is that true, or will they still be able to see well from the balcony premium?

Thanks in advance!

I have only been seated on the floor (both premium and non-premium) for Cirque on the Epic.

I would choose premium floor seats. There are definitely tables that fit 8 or more (round). There were six at our table when we were on the Epic last year and there were 2-4 empty seats. Being on the floor allows you to watch all the secondary performers since they are often moving around the perimeter.

I would make sure you are in line early to get seated in order to get the table you prefer. Also take note that the kids need to in their seats the entire time since the performers are moving around you (you'll see tape on the floor to mark this), so make certain your boys are happy with their seats/angles before the show begins. The first time we saw the show there was a young girl that kept wanting to stand to see things and she was in the way of the performers.

I'm pretty sure there is a kids menu available. The servers will come around before the show and ask about any dietary restrictions, etc.

Enjoy the show!

Someone had mentioned in a previous post that sitting in the balcony may be hard to see everything if you're short (eg, my kids) -- is that true, or will they still be able to see well from the balcony premium?

Possibly. The balcony seats are bar stool type seats with a 60cm 'shelf' in front of you, before the edge of the balcony.

For adults I would say the balcony gives a much better view of the action (particularly the right hand side), but if you are very short then you might struggle to look over your food and down onto the stage.

Part of the attraction of the view from the balcony is being able to see the audience downstairs. The funniest part for me was as the show opened, two 'French Maids' dressed in high heels and stockings came out, causing one guy below to almost have a heart attack as his eyes popped out on stalks. His wife seemed less amused.

Mind you it was an equal opportunities show and the three ladies next to me stopped paying attention to their chocolate desert during the bathing man scene.

The show is good, but the food they serve during the show isn't great.

Thanks for all the prompt feedback. Looks like we'll do the floor seating and just risk getting picked on. My kids always want me to volunteer at Universal Studios, etc and I always pretend I don't hear them. :D

I realize this is more for the show than the dinner, so we'll be prepared for whatever shows up on our plate.

One final question, can one person stand in line and save a table and have the rest of the group come a little later (I read somewhere that as long as the entire party is there 20 minutes prior it's fine). thx again