Electrical Plugs and converters

TxCougar

Greetings All,

We are due to sail on the Solstice in June and I read somewhere that there are only two plugs in a RS. One US and one European. So I really wanted to make sure we have the right adapter with us, because we plan on doing ALOT of leisure reading during our week.

Could someone be so kind as to let me know what adapter we need for the European outlet? Thank you so much in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Not sure if it has changed, on our last trip on the Solstice there were both US and European plugs. The European plug was the one with two round plugs; typically about $1 apiece at our local travel stores

Thank you very much! :)

If you need a lot of USB outlets for charging, I would recommend the 4 port Allreli charger with interchangeable plugs to fit most sockets worldwide from Amazon. With one of these you can use either the US or European sockets.

http://www.amazon.com/aLLreLi-International-Interchangeable-Portable-Smartphone/dp/B00O0RJJD8?ie=UTF8&keywords=usb%20power%20adapter%20allreli&qid=1461621596&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

It appears that it's the "cords" part of the devices that they have some problems with. The multi-plugs that go right into the socket, like the one mentioned in the post above, don't seem to be a bother. I would avoid bringing the sort of surge protector that has many sockets attached to a cord in favor of one like the poster recommended. There are several brands available.

I thought they would confiscate all power strips and extension cords?

They do IF they catch it. Surge protectors are fine though. This is what I bring and I've never had an issue: LINK.

But since the OP is looking for a European option as well, there's this one: LINK.