Photo Trip Review - Reflection TA

Lisah101

Lisah101 love your review so far. I was on the Silhouette TA 04/10. Your review makes me feel like I am right back on the ship. Having severe cruise withdrawal. A couple of questions, was that the Gallery One double tree? If so how was the room excluding the pool noise?

Looking forward to the rest of your review

Norma

We also just completed our first TA on Reflection and would give it 5 stars. We have a hump cabin 1046 concierge class and loved the extra space on the balcony.

I plan to write Celebrity after I do a review and compliment several staff that really stood out..., this is really important to them because they do get recognized for these comments.

The eight sea days were great with overall good weather. Some days a little cool or cloudy, so main pool deck was quiter than you old expect on summer cruises. Left the ship and spent 5 days in Rome at a small family own hotel nears the Spanish steps ...Outstanding.!

This was our first TA, and first trip to the Med. could not have asked for more.

On closing note, I am always surprised by some passangers that seem to always be focused on negatives, either on this forum, or on the ship. One woman commented to me that after day 4 she was so bored with the sea days. One woman at our table complained to one of our friends that her dinner was delayed due to a requested modification made by our friend for her selection. The delay amounted to a five minutes. But on all cruises you'll find people that just can't be pleased.

I have never had a bad cruise on Celebrity or Royal Carribean.

Edited by runningtide

Would love to see your packing list and what you would modify for a TA. Enjoying your review.

I actually don't have a packing list which is kind of funny since I'm so organized. I have a drawer that "cruise /travel stuff" is kept and just go through that to see what I need. My gallon size bag includes metal hooks for cabin walls, chalkboard paper and chalk, clips for towels, Spray Nine disinfectant, etc. I also have a bathroom travel bag that has most of my bathroom stuff - extra comb, tweezers, band-aids, q-tips, etc so I don't have to think about what to take, only refill the containers that look emptish.

Totally agree with you Runningtide. Can't believe some of the negative comments coming in from cruisers. Like you, we have been on numerous cruises with RCL and Celebrity and we have never had a bad cruise. Of course there will be little hiccups here and there, but considering the fact that there are 3000+/- guests on board, you will never please everyone. It's a vacation, so relax and enjoy. Love the Celebrity brand, our choice of cruise ships. Will be on the Millennium in October, Tokyo to Hong Kong.

Thanks Lissa for all the wonderful work you have done, we got some good traveling tips from your site.

The cruise was great, even the weather improve as the day got longer.

Thanks again

Alex.

At FLL, we used Uber for the first time. Although the driver went the wrong way, he apologized and eventually got us to our hotel with no extra charge.

Doubletree took forever to check us in and the room was a disappointment. For reference, I had used points plus cash to book the Homewood Suites in Bickell only to be notified less than a week before leaving that the hotel wasn't actually open yet and wouldn't be open in time. They said they would rebook us but it took 6 phone calls, 3 emails and some tense conversations to actually get that done. They moved us to the Doubletree who put us in a one bedroom condo on the 10th floor. Note the 10th floor has a rooftop pool/hot tub that was literally just a few feet from our bedroom slider. Lots of loud music and loud people late and night and even early in the morning. It was only one night and we kept saying, we have 7 days at sea to sleep so just suck it up and look forwarding to boarding the boat! The TV didn't work, the furniture was very old old and worn but the kitchen was nice! No room service menu or standard amenities and the "included" breakfast we received was just an 8 dollar credit with a list of restaurants we had to go find - they were in an attached small indoor mall like area next to the hotel.

Room pictures

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

You have a truly original review - pictures of the stuff that you are packing into your suitcase and even closeup pictures of the sink in your motel. Even pictures of the electrical plugs in your cabin. I do not think that many people would think of taking those pictures.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

You have a truly original review - pictures of the stuff that you are packing into your suitcase and even closeup pictures of the sink in your motel. Even pictures of the electrical plugs in your cabin. I do not think that many people would think of taking those pictures.

DON

Yeah, I have weird moments - the older I get the more I have of those!

Still a little groggy but going to try to get this done quickly if possible.

Our first transatlantic cruise was in April 2015 on Celebrity Eclipse. I was very worried about being "bored" with so many sea days but was amazed at how quickly I adapted to sea days. We loved it so much, we booked another while on board. Here is our trip review of our second transatlantic cruise, this time on the Celebrity Reflection

Packing - This trip my goal was not to throw stuff in a suitcase the day before we leave, but to plan better so I don't forget things I need. I am a chronic under-packer which saves on luggage but is annoying when you are running around for the hundredth time to buy tweezers because you can't remember them!

First packing session - Bathroom

Took everything I would need, categorized by type (hair stuff, make up, skin, Rx, etc).

Started with this:IMG_4699.jpg

Wow! Already posting your review! I learned that I definitely over packed. Thanks for reminding us how to properly pack!