Stateroom Carpets Clean?

I've been impressed with the reports of cleanliness on the main areas of the ship (yay, Splendor). Wondering about the cabins - does anyone know how often the carpets are cleaned, not just vacummed?

We're not OCD - just had a very interesting experience on a hotel room floor that makes me pause...

I've been impressed with the reports of cleanliness on the main areas of the ship (yay, Splendor). Wondering about the cabins - does anyone know how often the carpets are cleaned, not just vacummed?

We're not OCD - just had a very interesting experience on a hotel room floor that makes me pause...

If you mean shampooed (deep cleaned), like you might do at home, I'm not sure how that could be accomplished during the normal course of a cruise. It takes several hours for a shampooed carpet to dry out. I suppose, though, that if a specific cabin needed to have the carpet cleaned because of some unfortunate incident (Oops! Spilled a bottle of wine.), then that could be a possibility.

If you mean shampooed (deep cleaned), like you might do at home, I'm not sure how that could be accomplished during the normal course of a cruise. It takes several hours for a shampooed carpet to dry out. I suppose, though, that if a specific cabin needed to have the carpet cleaned because of some unfortunate incident (Oops! Spilled a bottle of wine.), then that could be a possibility.

For that I'm sure they would just clean the spot.

Yeah, That would be a nightmare to shampoo the carpets

It might be a "nightmare" but it's done.

I was on the Pride in March 2015 and received a letter in my cabin. They were shampooing the carpets in my area including my cabin. It was on a port day and they asked that I be out of the cabin from like 9am to 2pm. When I returned to my cabin, there was still a big blower fan in there to keep drying the carpets. The fan was removed just before dinner.

It might be a "nightmare" but it's done.

I was on the Pride in March 2015 and received a letter in my cabin. They were shampooing the carpets in my area including my cabin. It was on a port day and they asked that I be out of the cabin from like 9am to 2pm. When I returned to my cabin, there was still a big blower fan in there to keep drying the carpets. The fan was removed just before dinner.

Wow, never had that happen. It's good to know they do it though.

Wow, never had that happen. It's good to know they do it though.

Not cleaning, but we've experienced carpet (cabin and hallway) replacements several times. The one that sticks out was on the Splendor when she was less than a year old.

Edited by SadieN

I've seen a few carpets cleaned using a portable steam cleaner during B2B's and on early platinum boardings.

Just a few, probably due to an accident of some sort on the previous sailing.

Carpets prob get a regular shampooing as often as the bed cover gets a washing. Not very often, I fear.

• 3 weeks later...

I've never experienced our carpets being cleaned on a cruise. However, I have seen it done in hallways when necessary.

That's why I always have something on my feet when walking in cabin.

I'm not a barefoot person anywhere (even outside, in the summer), but I especially NEVER go barefoot in any hotel room or cruise ship stateroom. My (washable) bedroom slippers go where I go. They come off my feet when I swing my legs into the bed, and when I sit up to get up, on they go! :)

Um, am I the only one wondering about the interesting experience on a hotel room floor?:o

Um, am I the only one wondering about the interesting experience on a hotel room floor?:o

Well, it was late... I usually put on my slippers, but kept getting up (Like Beyonce, "I'd been drinking, I been drinking"). So this one early AM run, I went foot commando. Not 10 steps from the bed to the bathroom. Quick dash back to the bed - so I thought. On the way, it felt like I had stepped on two nails. Cut on the light, my foot had scraped a toe nail clipping (a big toe, obvi) which had come up from the carpet and was embedded straight up spike style. It was not ours.

Now sober and grossed out, I disinfected, sanitized every inch of my foot, took a picture and gave it to the front desk manager. We got a free night, but never again.

Well, it was late... I usually put on my slippers, but kept getting up (Like Beyonce, "I'd been drinking, I been drinking"). So this one early AM run, I went foot commando. Not 10 steps from the bed to the bathroom. Quick dash back to the bed - so I thought. On the way, it felt like I had stepped on two nails. Cut on the light, my foot had scraped a toe nail clipping (a big toe, obvi) which had come up from the carpet and was embedded straight up spike style. It was not ours.

Now sober and grossed out, I disinfected, sanitized every inch of my foot, took a picture and gave it to the front desk manager. We got a free night, but never again.

:eek::eek::eek:

I'm not a barefoot person anywhere (even outside, in the summer), but I especially NEVER go barefoot in any hotel room or cruise ship stateroom. My (washable) bedroom slippers go where I go. They come off my feet when I swing my legs into the bed, and when I sit up to get up, on they go! :)

Agree! Even at home! But, I have forgotten to pack slippers and just wore white socks that I took on and off like slippers. They were FILTHY!:eek: