Chris & Ginny's Journey Cruise - 9 day Trip

If you are going to Barbados, I highly recommend the snorkeling with the turtles excursion....it'll run you about $100 pp, but well worth it. One of the best excursions we've done....beautiful fish and turtles, and a good company to go with.

Here's the early morning view of us sailing by the Pitons in St. Lucia. Still an hour or so away from port. Daylight just getting underway.

_DSC1192.jpg

Our very first cruise went to St. Lucia, and we always wanted to go back. For some reason, we just loved the island...

_DSC1193.jpg

_DSC1195.jpg

Officers on the bridge in what might be a tricky docking in St. Lucia

_DSC1204.jpg

On another Carnival tour...the 10 best sites in St. Lucia...for the most part yes...but we missed the beach between the Pitons, and the waterfalls from last time.

_DSC1206.jpg

This is the Sunshine basking in the Sun.......

_DSC1207.jpg

The Governor's Residence, who was appointed by the Queen of England....I tried to get several shots but e ere moving mon!

_DSC1211.jpg

The School....and we were headed to some monuments.....

_DSC1217.jpg

The lush island greenery found all along the island. It's a hilly but beautiful island.

_DSC1218.jpg

Walking back to the bus....

_DSC1219.jpg

A totem pole.....and a magnificent view

_DSC1223.jpg

The blue bags are covering up the bananas from bugs, and birds and animals

_DSC1224.jpg

We stopped and had a banana from a banana plantation....deliciously sweet is how I can best describe it.

_DSC1225.jpg

Looking down the road in St. Lucia.....a taste of the culture of this country...

_DSC1229.jpg

An old Catholic Church in a tiny St. Lucia community...

_DSC1230.jpg

Ginny loved the way the locals used the large shells!

_DSC1231.jpg

_DSC1232.jpg

Working on the dinghy's....

_DSC1233.jpg

_DSC1234.jpg

New bridge built after a recent hurricane washed the old one out.....

_DSC1256.jpg

The red flag is a symbol for the political party that that particular village supports...I believe the other color flags are yellow.

_DSC1257.jpg

First view of The Pitons....beautiful twin peaks on the island.

_DSC1261.jpg

I believe this is the village of souffrei...not 100% sure though.

_DSC1267.jpg

The only active volcano in the Caribbean......we were literally on the 'dome'

_DSC1276.jpg

Great review. We were on the Pride 14 day Journeys cruise in March which went to St. Lucia-our lst time there. I have been dreaming of seeing the Pitons forever. Of course I have seen 1000'es of pictures, but I wanted to see them up close and personal! :p I was kind of nervous that it would be a let down since I had built it so much up in my mind, but I was astounded at their beauty. We did an excursion with Spencer Ambrose which was the highlight of the whole cruise, but it would have been nice to see some of the interior of the island also. Maybe something for NEXT TIME! ;) Dumb question: what is a sleeper bed? :confused: Thanks for sharing your cruise with us.

I have some time this afternoon to spend on CC and just now found your review! I've gotten through what you have so far and am really looking forward to the rest. I'm really enjoying your pictures. We have done the southern itinerary out of San Juan twice, the most recent on Liberty last September and these are our favorite islands and can't wait for an opportunity to do it again but also checking out future Journey's cruises that go to the southern Caribbean. In the meantime, I get my "cruise fixes" by reading reviews. :D Oh, that little island that you got a picture of before you got into St. Kitts is Saba. We were actually able to see it, and very clearly, last September on Liberty from St. Kitts and St. Maarten. Thank you for taking the time to do a review of your cruise.

I have some time this afternoon to spend on CC and just now found your review! I've gotten through what you have so far and am really looking forward to the rest. I'm really enjoying your pictures. We have done the southern itinerary out of San Juan twice, the most recent on Liberty last September and these are our favorite islands and can't wait for an opportunity to do it again but also checking out future Journey's cruises that go to the southern Caribbean. In the meantime, I get my "cruise fixes" by reading reviews. :D Oh, that little island that you got a picture of before you got into St. Kitts is Saba. We were actually able to see it, and very clearly, last September on Liberty from St. Kitts and St. Maarten. Thank you for taking the time to do a review of your cruise.

We love the Southern and Eastern Caribbean! We try to go once a year or so...We've been to most of the islands that the cruise ships go to. We have another one planned, and 8 day going in October 2017. It'll be a family cruise.

Great review. We were on the Pride 14 day Journeys cruise in March which went to St. Lucia-our lst time there. I have been dreaming of seeing the Pitons forever. Of course I have seen 1000'es of pictures, but I wanted to see them up close and personal! :p I was kind of nervous that it would be a let down since I had built it so much up in my mind, but I was astounded at their beauty. We did an excursion with Spencer Ambrose which was the highlight of the whole cruise, but it would have been nice to see some of the interior of the island also. Maybe something for NEXT TIME! ;) Dumb question: what is a sleeper bed? :confused: Thanks for sharing your cruise with us.

I've heard great things about Spencer Ambrose's Tours. We took a Carnival sponsored excursion for just about the same price. Missed seeing the waterfalls is about all we missed from the first tour we took when we first toured St. Lucia seven years ago. We love the Pitons and the views of the ocean from the mountains. The Pitons are beautiful. More pictures to come.

Looking down the hill at the dome of the volcano. You can see all the cars lined up in the parking lots. We enjoyed the brief tour. I will say that the Carnival excursion, although informative, seemed very restrictive as far as having practically no time to browse the grounds or anything. It was an interesting site and our guide spoke great English.

_DSC1285.jpg

_DSC1284.jpg

_DSC1283.jpg

_DSC1286.jpg

Some floral beauty....love the tropical plants....they're so vibrant and awesome.

_DSC1294.jpg

I was Grills Seafood and Tiki Bar and watched you sail away. Do you recall why yall sailed out so late? We kept waiting and waiting and finally after we got our table, yall sailed by later that evening. Seemed really late. We boarded Magic the very next day.