Premium wrap around balcony

maynovmom

After many cruises on Carnival I have finally booked my first premium wrap around balcony on the Sunshine! I am so excited as it looks fabulous. 😄 I happen to love that ship even though it gets mixed reviews. I love the serenity pool area, JIJI's, Bonsai, and Cucina del Capitano so this will only add to the experience.

I had a hard time choosing between deck 7 and 8. I really liked the photos of the inside of the cabin on deck 8 more but worried because it was under a busier area. Deck 7 has aft wraps above and below so I think it will be quieter. The deck 7 cabin seemed configured a little more awkward. Does anyone have any thoughts on noise from the Sunshine deck 8 aft cabins? I look forward to that beautiful balcony either way.

DH and I were in an aft wrap on deck 7 for the Sunshine's transatlantic in 2013 from Barcelona to New Orleans. We loved it! Whether you're on 7 or 8 I'm sure you'll be glad you went for the aft wrap.

Thank you! Do you remember how the room seemed with the angled bed? That's the difference I think (in photos) between deck 7 and 8. Also pictures show more windows and the balcony door. Is that correct?

If possible, I would book deck 6 on the Sunshine. They built cabins on deck 5 when it was refurbished from the Destiny into the Sunshine. We had the aft wrap on Deck 6 in 2014. That was the best cabin and balcony we have ever had. It had a covering outside. Lots of chairs. Inside the cabin was great. I don't know if deck 6 aft wrap is still available, but if it is I would go for it. It is larger than deck 7 or 8.

I had a hard time choosing between deck 7 and 8. I really liked the photos of the inside of the cabin on deck 8 more but worried because it was under a busier area. Deck 7 has aft wraps above and below so I think it will be quieter. The deck 7 cabin seemed configured a little more awkward. Does anyone have any thoughts on noise from the Sunshine deck 8 aft cabins? I look forward to that beautiful balcony either way.

No thoughts on deck 8, but had an aft wrap on deck 7 in January ...loved it!

Quiet!

If possible, I would book deck 6 on the Sunshine. They built cabins on deck 5 when it was refurbished from the Destiny into the Sunshine. We had the aft wrap on Deck 6 in 2014. That was the best cabin and balcony we have ever had. It had a covering outside. Lots of chairs. Inside the cabin was great. I don't know if deck 6 aft wrap is still available, but if it is I would go for it. It is larger than deck 7 or 8.

Had a wrap on the Triumph last year. I took the deck 6 one because the balcony has about a 5-foot rail that is straight aft in addition to the wrap. Deck 7 doesn't have any part that looks straight back and deck 8 has only about a foot or two, although 7 and 8 have more side balcony than 6, I preferred the straight aft view over the side view.

I think there is one aft wrap open on deck 6. I always sail deck 7 or higher. I have been on deck 8 balconies on the Sunshine twice and loved the location and fact there were cabins above and beneath. Are you saying there are cabins below the deck 6 aft wrap? Do you remember which cabin you had? Thanks!

I think there is one aft wrap open on deck 6. I always sail deck 7 or higher. I have been on deck 8 balconies on the Sunshine twice and loved the location and fact there were cabins above and beneath. Are you saying there are cabins below the deck 6 aft wrap? Do you remember which cabin you had? Thanks!

I was in 6434 on the Triumph, sister to the Sunshine. On the Triumph, the comedy club was below us, but a previous poster said that on the Sunshine, they converted that into cabins. I'm attaching photos of the balcony and room. Not sure why they are at a 90 degree angle.

The middle picture is the part of the balcony that looks aft, this is almost non-existent on decks 7 and 8 wraps.

DSCN8078.jpg.92b950aa8632b2549901945284863067.jpg

DSCN8077.jpg.8f8146ba2319da054bfc124a99fde0e6.jpg

DSCN8085.jpg.44033dbbac541dec8d4925608d7586ac.jpg

I was in 6434 on the Triumph, sister to the Sunshine. On the Triumph, the comedy club was below us, but a previous poster said that on the Sunshine, they converted that into cabins. I'm attaching photos of the balcony and room. Not sure why they are at a 90 degree angle.

The middle picture is the part of the balcony that looks aft, this is almost non-existent on decks 7 and 8 wraps.

Thanks for the photos. I saw a video of the cabin I've booked and the balcony was beautiful. I have a feeling I'm going to stick to deck 7 and play it safe knowing that aft wraps are above and below me for sure. I think I'm going to be very happy as I love the regular balconies and this will be an added bonus of space and views.

Yes, there are cabins in the aft section of Deck 5. They were built when the ship was turned into the Sunshine. I had a friend stay in an aft extended the same time we stayed in the aft-wrap (6346) on the Sunshine. If you look at my signature, there is a review attached of our cruise. It shows you photos of the balcony and the room.

We just booked cabin 6346 - an aft wrap and it has rooms above and below.

We had 6485 on the Splendor and it was fabulous. From the pics I've seen this looks great too!

After many cruises on Carnival I have finally booked my first premium wrap around balcony on the Sunshine! I am so excited as it looks fabulous. 😄 I happen to love that ship even though it gets mixed reviews. I love the serenity pool area, JIJI's, Bonsai, and Cucina del Capitano so this will only add to the experience.

I was happy for you till I read it was on the Sunshine.

Still, enjoy!

I was happy for you till I read it was on the Sunshine.

Still, enjoy!

I've read so many mixed reviews on this ship, I don't know what to think, so I guess I have to wait and see for myself.

I've heard it's crowded, but we have that big aft wrap to retreat to. We don't do the shows or the comedy club much. I've heard the Havana Bar is the place to find a table, so I think I'm good. I've also heard about leaks and I'm hoping they fix them in the dry dock they are currently doing.

I'm looking forward to Ji Ji and the Cucina del Capitano - never had those n a ship before. Also looking forward to trying the ropes course. We wanted to do the Canada/NE itinerary again, and this is the only options.

And I get to sail out of NYC again. Love the Pride, but sailing from Baltimore is just not the same :)

We have had 2 aft wrap cabins on her when she was the Destiny. They are still the same ones now. 6346 and 8333 were both awesome! I guarantee you will love any aft wrap on the Sunshine and they are totally worth it!

I have cruised fifteen times on Carnival and twice on the Sunshine. (And once as the Destiny) I really like the ship. I enjoy the serenity deck and pool and the many specialty restaurant choices. I was on the Conquest last year and missed some of those things. As a teacher I am limited to certain weeks and this 8 day sailing with the ports of Aruba and Bonaire and Grand Turk and 4 sea days really caught my eye. I am excited to try any time dining and the aft wrap. Is it the best Carnival ship out there? No. But I like all that it has to offer. I had great service last month on the Sunshine and enjoyed every day. I know it gets mixed reviews but I haven't been disappointed. I look forward to the Vista once there's an 8 day available on a school vacation week.😄

We had an aft wrap on the Victory out of San Juan. 6 islands in 7 days, it was wonderful to wake up every morning watching us pull in to port!! The sunsets at the end of the day where outstanding.

We booked deck 6 because it is the largest aft. We also book starboard side and did not hear ANY noise from down below, as was heard if you book deck 6 port side.

The deck 6 room was HUGE (I could do cartwheels). In addition, we booked the kids in the L-shaped cabin and shared the same little hallways, just for these two cabins. It was like our own suite.

Not only that, my parents booked the aft-extended next to us.

Needless to say, we had the bowling alley balcony, my HUGE aft wrap balcony, and the aft-extended all open for us to use (I asked the steward to open both doors to the balconies).

I would book them again but now I've been spoiled by the Cloud 9 Spa ships and would take a spa cabin over an aft balcony, but if I take my parents again, I would do the aft balcony because they are older and not as mobile and LOVED sitting out there day and night.

Sounds like if I decided to move from deck 7 I would go to deck 6. I was afraid of noise but seems cabins are on deck 5 as well. Thanks for the input. I will stay where I am but if I like it will consider a deck 6 aft wrap around the next time.