Shoe Diva's Club

OH MY This thread has been very busy..

First of all I would like to welcome some new "Shoe Diva's"

Welcome PrincessMich, AWHFY, Lindaharve.. You have joined because you love shoes & probably clothes ..

Ger77 Of course you needed those beautiful shoes & Maggiemou Love your Pewter shoes, but WOW - So high.. I too once had a pair of heels cut down.. Years ago we had a wonderful shoemaker in town, but alas he's out of business now.. It's a shame..

BTW Maggie, I'm an avid reader & could not resist..Ordered your book which another poster mentioned..It came yesterday & I'm up to page 80 something.. Felt so bad for you when you broke your arm in several places in your Tap Dancing class on board, but your sense of humor is fantastic.. What you went through in the Hospital & with your Insurance Company is incredible..

Too bad you missed the Falklands.. We took a HAL cruise around SA into Antarctica in 2013 & the Falklands were one of the highlights.. Also Loved watching the penguins in Otway Bay..:):)

Our Friends could not believe the Number of pieces of Luggage I had packed...Fortunately HAL shipped four of our pieces to & from the Port, but we had to have them packed before Christmas even though we were leaving on the cruise in early January.. I made lists of outfits, only had about 22 for the evenings on our 68 day cruise & only took 10-11 pairs of shoes/boots ..You have me beat by a long shot...Also IMO your MR. MM is a saint.. My DH would have a fit if I took 15 to 19 pieces of luggage..:eek: However, I do take advantage of HAL's laundry & cleaning service..

Sorry to digress Ladies, now back to the purpose of this thread!

SHOES!!

Edited by serendipity1499

Haha.....I almost always know which shoes I want to wear out and pick an outfit to go with them anyone else pick shoes first???

If it's a new pair of shoes, I'll absolutely plan an outfit or a whole suitcase in order to wear them as much as possible. Otherwise, I'll make a pile of all possible outfits, then narrow them down based on which shoes would go with each.

Narrowing down shoes is always the hardest part of a trip... if only that wasn't the part that weighed the most *and* took up the most space in a bag!

These are my latest acquisitions (I think the red ones are my new favorites!) I've got a metal shoe rack in my closet that's starting to bend in the middle under the weight, and even though it's full I still have shoes taking up every out-of-the-way bit of closet floor space.

2110973128_FullSizeRender(1).jpg.4d269434fe5185c8391166656b816a20.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg.b0425a27ef4bdef15f307a155d4722a1.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg.4d1fdd8e41979e4c268b23aace505057.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg.023190b55dcfb812228395ae3fa60b6f.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg.0f91bcd94ef10d69eb91c7cb26a55489.jpg

I decided I did need them after all, they just go with everything!

view.sfly?fid=c135cc02a493ca509a16dcf07a6807f9

ry%3D400

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Perfect!

Anybody else read theviviennefiles.com? Perfect inspiration piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

TeachOhio.....Love the red ones and the mint wedges!!! Where did you get them??

Me too Love the mint green ones. I do wish we had a loke button so many lovely shoes.

Loving this thread as well as we can go off on our travels. We went to South America also but missed out on the Falklands due to weather but loved the penguins at Otway Bay. I ended up in hospital in Punta Arenas after I had a fall on the ship wearing TAP SHOES:) learning to tap dance.

I wrote about all this and about my shoes in a book I wrote about shoes and cruises ;) what else is there to write about?

In answer to a couple of questions, one was about my Vivienne Westwood shoes. I do not find they make my feet hot as I do no suffer from sweaty feet. I live in a hot climate (40 degrees in summer) and I have no issues with them . They are not the "jelly " type shoes that were around in the 1980's they are good quality and cost over £100 a pair. They are scented and smell of bubble gum and it never wears off even when you wash them

:)

Re getting my heels lowered. I took then to a good cobbler shoe repair man and you can have a small amount taken off depending on the slant of the shoe. I Googled how it is done first and found a man to do it and they are perfect now. Carry on with your shoe stories they are really fascinating and I am so pleased to read I am not alone when I buy two or more pairs in different colours if I love them. ;)

Edited by maggiemou

TeachOhio.....Love the red ones and the mint wedges!!! Where did you get them??

Everything I just posted is from UrbanOG; I've had fantastic luck with finding adorable flats, sandals, and heels there. The red are still available in black, "natural", and "grapefruit" in limited sizes, and the mint only in a tan size 10.

These others pictured are also from that site; I think I've gotten half of my collection there! (The gray boots have a purple sole, which I love)

eileen25-fus_01.jpg.debf777e512e17880660df8e278467e1.jpg

leila26-crl_01.jpg.d8d721e2785dd41dc7fb17f9e968f59f.jpg

sheryl03-khaki_02.jpg.0301563635ba644351de1eb46176ccc9.jpg

socialite70-chn_02.jpg.c810ae8624feb95f6f6508d105121e2a.jpg

I like the dark taupe and the bronze. Pretty!

Well instead of ordering them, I ordered two more pair of the newer Easy Street's with the small heel in Cobalt & Champagne.. They were on sale & could not pass up that sale.. Now Have to find a some outfits to go with the cobalt, as love the color.. Still looking at the J. Renee's .LOL :eek:

Edited by serendipity1499

Everything I just posted is from UrbanOG; I've had fantastic luck with finding adorable flats, sandals, and heels there. The red are still available in black, "natural", and "grapefruit" in limited sizes, and the mint only in a tan size 10.

These others pictured are also from that site; I think I've gotten half of my collection there! (The gray boots have a purple sole, which I love)

This website might get me in TROUBLE, lol

I just found this group, how in the world did I miss this? Love seeing all of the shoe pics, I love love love a cute pair of shoes! My daughter in law said she had 40 pairs of shoes the other day, then looked at me and said that she knew I had way more than that. I just said, "You say that like it's a bad thing." I think I have 40 pairs of shoes just on the floor of my closet, that doesn't count all the ones on racks or in boxes. Back when I worked in an office, I loved having lots of nice shoes, still do....but then I quit my job when I became a Granny, and my littles could care less what I have on my feet. I am one of those that kicks them off at the door, never ever wear shoes at home. And being in Texas, I usually can be found in flip flops, or cute sandals, about 10 months of the year. But, I did just purge some of my well-worn shoes, as well as some that just never felt right when I wore them. And I am donating about two dozen pair of cheap flip flops, in every color imaginable, what was I thinking? We are cruising next month, so I have picked up some new shoes to wear to dinner, that is simply a must, right? And I do have my black peep-toe pumps that I have to take as well, they go with anything. I think I am taking 7 or 8 pair, I have taken more, and managed with less. Can't wait to see more pics of what you ladies are buying.

Yesterday was a good day. Complimented on my shoes twice :)

Inexpensive pair of flowered leather flip flops that I picked up in one of the La Paz mercados.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Maggiemou _ I have a chartreuse BCBG cocktail dress that has a wide band of the exact same beads that are on your lime sandals. The dress is short and swirly and I found a simple pair of lime patent ballet flats to match. But your shoes would have been KILLER.

BTW, ladies - when it comes to shoes, follow the motto "When in doubt, buy them both !"

Hi fellow shoe divas! Oh how happy I am to have found this thread....so excited! I love shoes and shopping for shoes. I have about 200 pairs and am always on the lookout for a new pair. After all, we divas know you can never have too may shoes right?😀. My husband has just about had it with me when we travel with the amount of clothes and shoes I take but what the heck...He has almost gotten to the point where he ignores it now. Long live shoe love!!! Let's rock it girls!!! Here are a few of my newest ones.

Allison

image.jpg.902dcd6a695bc378d8cc5794da85dd0b.jpg

Okay... I saw this thread.... and I knew it WAS NOT for me... I don't love shoes...I don't have that many...compared to ...a shoe store

Then I realized... I was in denial...I realized my cruise clothing almost always revolve around shoes. I wear heels all the time... atheletic shoes do not adorn my feet unless I am doing something athletic even then my feet reject them :D The first thing I notice are the shoes that complete the outfit... sigh....

so if you will have me... I humbly submit my memberhip.

I love shoe clips, I bought some shoe clips last year at a resale shop...I thought they were earings :) and I wondered why they hurt my ears.... my mom pointed out "those are shoe clips tmee, and those other "earings" you bought, are dress clips" Who knew :)

Now my evening shoes have a little bit excitement added.

tmee