Shoe Diva's Club

No one has been shoe shopping:)?

Ā 

I realized I had Not posted the faux boat shoes I bought...

Ā 

Ā 

I actually have been wearing them in my none cruise life a bit...They casualized....(is that a word?) Some of my summer dresses I have been wearing.

Ā 

Ā 

I found these blue and white striped cuties (amongst others) this weekend ....I have been feeling very naughty-cal....(I want to roll my eyes at myself ):rolleyes:

Ā 

I'm thinking I can wear them with an all white outfit to give it some interest....

Ā 

tmee

410259_040_ss_01.jpeg.e32ecb5a4b03133c9dfa257d94d95ca8.jpeg

20180608_064101.jpg.9a4828f5720fda32633a2d08152a6249.jpg

• Like 1

Cute, tmme! I love the sandals too and the deck shoes look sweet AND comfy. I ended up with arthritis in the base joints (ball of my foot) of my middle toes on my left foot and now cannot wear anything above 2.5 inches (unless it's a platform and that's got to be a wedge too). I donated two full black garbage bags to a charity in May that hosts a fab shoe sale to raise money (over $11,000 this year) for the local women's shelter and community foundation. At least I won a draw prize (besides feeling good about the cause and re-homing some of my favorites). I got 3 hours of cleaning by a local 'green' cleaning company. It was tops on my list of possible draw prizes, so I'm pretty stoked about that. I have bought a few new pairs of cute wedges and some funky Eurostyle shoes similar to John Fluevog's stuff.

detail.jpg?1

2648-zaza-purple-orange

I'd take a picture but my phone fell off the wharf at the lake last week and I haven't been able to retrieve it yet - I have hopes of rehabbing it but can't get to it due to high water.

Edited by canadjineh

So happy to have found this thread. I think it's the perfect place for shoe advice. Here goes: I have a navy blue dress for dress up night ..what color shoes would look the best. It is very dark blue thanks, ladies

So happy to have found this thread. I think it's the perfect place for shoe advice. Here goes: I have a navy blue dress for dress up night ..what color shoes would look the best. It is very dark blue thanks, ladies

Ā 

Good morning, I think silver and navy go very well together. Not sure the material of your dress or how dressy

it is but a pair of silver sandals would be my suggestion:).

mimi217, can you post a picture of your dress or direct us to a link to look at something similar online? If it has a lot of detail or you are wearing 'statement piece' jewelry I'd go for a classic nude sandal or D'Orsay or peep-toe pump. I'd wholeheartedly agree with Lois R on the beautiful silver if your dress is a classic unfussy style. One should really have one main focus - fab flashy shoes, or statement jewelry, or major ruffles/details on the dress. It could also depend on how many dress up nights you have and how much room in your luggage/stateroom - you might want shoes that do double duty, lol.

51MFrOiWG%2BL.jpg

pelle-moda-NUDE-Belin-Low-Heel-Dressy-Sandal.jpeg

I do have silver strappy shoes . I do like the nude also but don't have any. My dress isn't super dressy but I think the shoes and jewelry will dress it up enough. I don't know how to post a picture on here. Thanks ladies!

• 2 months later...

Hellow fellow shoe divas! Quick question...need advice. I love my heels...all of them! But since I have stopped working I've stopped wearing my heels unless I attend a special event...and then OMG the pain! Never had this before!

Ā 

Any advice on those inserts I see advertised everywhere? Has anyone tried any of these?

Ā 

Help as I refuse to give up my Louboutin's

Ā 

Thanks so much!

Donna

That's a good idea. I also ordered these as well...can't hurt

Ā 

• Couture_angle_v2_small.png?v=1534373468 1x Vivian Lou InsoliaĀ® COUTURE Weight-Shifting Insoles - Medium (US 8 to 9.5) / 2 pair - $70 ($35.00/pair) for $70.00 each
  • Untitled_design_3_274748d8-8dde-4f94-bab5-4bece6a95df8_small.png?v=1500210105 1x Vivian Lou InsoliaĀ® CLASSIC Weight-Shifting Insoles - Medium (US 8 to 9.5) / 2 pairs - $45 ($22.50/pair) for $45.00 each

Discounts : $-17.25 USD

Subtotal : $97.75 USD

Shipping : $0.00 USD

Total : $97.75 USD

• 5 weeks later...

I definitely want to be part of this club...I have loved looking at all of the shoes here! Currently checking out those Shoe Bakery ones now!

Ā 

@Realblonde474 I absolutely love my SuperFeet high heel inserts. I have had a similar issue since I can't wear heels to work (high heels and construction sites don't mix well!), and these make heels so much more bearable when I want to wear them.

Ā 

My husband and I have our first ever cruise coming up next summer, and I am currently trying to decided how many pairs of shoes I will need to bring. Since we're going to Alaska, I'm currently looking at getting a good pair of hiking boots that can double as urban walking shoes. I feel like many are very utilitarian and not the fabulous shoes I like to wear, but I'm finding some options that I like. I also am looking for a good pair of "on the boat" type of walking shoes, maybe like boat shoes or flats. I do think I will bring my favorite pair: custom red strappy Jimmy Choo heels for formal night, but I need to pick out a dress to match them. I'm open to ideas so that I can wear these again since I do not get many chances to do so everyday (and I promised my husband I would wear them again as a condition of buying them for our wedding!).

Ā 

As a bonus, here are my second favorite pair of shoes I own; my snowboard boots.

Ā 

Here are the Choo's. They have a gold plaque on the back with our wedding date :).

e02cc4c7c5484417581fab7d5a245cb2.jpg

Edited by AuroraRose
Adding picture

• 1 month later...

Hello Shoe Divas! May I be in your club? I am at a point in my life where high heels are a rare need, and my feet object to them these days as well! But that doesn't mean I don't love shoes!Ā 

I've been indulging in boots lately, but got sucked into theses sweet flats by a random Facebook ad a couple of days ago.Ā 

2018830228_AmazonSmile_CLARKSWomensGracelinJonasLoaferFlatAubergineSuede100MUS_Shoes.thumb.jpg.8fa9262f9570c1aa2444bb997cf0a7c3.jpg

• Like 2

AuroraRose, I love the idea of those shoes with your wedding date on a plaque attached to them.Ā  Awesome!Ā Ā 

ShellBelle28, the big bow is a real focus in fashion these days.... I just got a cute pair of slides from Avon (clearing out summer stuff) for a really good price.Ā  Suitably nautical and sweet with navy capris.

20181028_221832.thumb.jpg.c294db87a32d94c219f13d7f026e3da4.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Of course with Black Friday and Cyber Monday in the US there are shoe sales on all over.Ā  The Shoe Bakery has 30% off (not including custom jobs) at shoebakery.com if you use the code HOORAY30.Ā Ā 

Another really neat site is Mime et Moi (a German shoe company) with interchangeable heels you can buy separately.Ā  30% off their shoes with code CCW30Ā Ā https://mimemoi.com/en?mc_cid=46e4e0ceaf&mc_eid=345352789fĀ Ā 

Here's a picture of some to give you an idea:

Mimemoi.png

They are not cheap of course, but then you are getting two shoes for the price of one, and you can choose other coloured heels if you wish, like pink or cream for the above shoe.Ā  Some really neat combos I saw.Ā 

Ā 

Another online site with multi-heels isĀ https://tanyaheathcanada.com/collections/shoesĀ - they have some really good sales on right now and all heels fit all the shoes so you can contrast or match colours & patterns from Ā kitten heel to boot/block to stiletto.Ā  Also this site is in CAD so lots cheaper for many.helen_vernis_noir_2016_side-min_2048x2048.jpg?v=1531185103IMG_3193-min_2048x2048.jpg?v=1530560799

Edited by canadjineh
trying to get the pictures sized down and in the right spots.
  • Like 2

I love those sweet little boots, do you line dance or two step ShellBelle28?Ā  I think there are Western and Country Music themed cruises aren't there?Ā  Likely travelling out of Galveston I would think.

Ā 

The Mime et Moi pic didn't turn out, maybe because it's png and not jpg?Ā  I'll try again here.Ā  Yaaay, it worked

elle-mime-et-moi-twirls-shoes-1535034700

Edited by canadjineh
redo of picture in previous post
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, canadjineh said:

I love those sweet little boots, do you line dance or two step ShellBelle28?Ā  I think there are Western and Country Music themed cruises aren't there?Ā  Likely travelling out of Galveston I would think.

Ā 

The Mime et Moi pic didn't turn out, maybe because it's png and not jpg?Ā  I'll try again here.Ā  Yaaay, it worked

elle-mime-et-moi-twirls-shoes-1535034700

Ooohhhh I love that blue!!Ā 

Ā 

No, I don't do any line dance or country/western style dance, I just loved the boots! Fortunately, I live in an area where western gear can be worn anytime without looking out of place. I just wear them with jeans and my regular tops.Ā 

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone!Ā  It's been a while since the shoe divas were posting here.... where is everyone?Ā  Or have we just run out of shoe money? lol

I have another cruise coming up - March 7/2020 on the Oosterdam - Mexican Riviera.Ā  It's our 38th anniversary and I'm in the midst of getting some pudge off (I've been lax and inattentive to my food plan for a little while now).Ā  Not sure what I'm taking clothes-wise yet (depends on whether I'm back into my favorites) but we are away for a week in San Diego before the cruise, so I can wear some fancier duds than if I was just going to a foreign tropical country.Ā  Once I've got things figured out I'll post some wardrobe pix along with my shoe choices.Ā 

Jean Paul Gaultier - Runway RTW - Spring 2015 - Paris Fashion Week

• Like 1

The fish heel is actually fairly stable, more like a double kitten heel because of the two base points where the 'fins' touch.Ā  Almost like a mini wedge with one point under heel of foot, one under mid-foot and of course the main forefoot.

• Like 1