Tiny showers

Cruise Vanessa

I'm envious. With all the hair loss I'm experiencing due to lupus, my legs haven't received the message.

Very sorry to hear this. I hope that you will be feeling better. Good wishes being sent your way.

I'm moderately "fluffy" and have never found the shower too small and have never had a shower curtain "hug" me. I've often noticed magnets at the bottom of the curtain.

I'm a more glass half-full kind of gal. After spending more than a year in drought conditions with water restrictions here in California, I was just thrilled to death a few weeks back being able to take a hot shower for more than 3 minutes...and wash my hair EVERY DAY, no less. :D

It's not just the size of the shower compartment, on some ships like Golden, the useable space is reduced even more by the positioning of the taps on one side, shampoo and bodywash bottles on the back wall, the grab rail on the other side and the curtain arcing around in the front. It took me about three days before I could work out how to get myself washed all over without either cracking an elbow on something protruding, or pushing the curtain out far enough so that water leaked onto the bathroom floor.

Thank goodness I had the sense to get my legs waxed before that cruise!

The older ships, Sun class, seem to have slightly larger showers.

Anybody defending Princess' showers ITT is a Princess apologist and/or cheerleader.

Princess showers(balcony and below) are a joke...No 'if's, 'and's, 'but's about it.

I'm 6' 3" and built like a defensive tackle. I have a hard enough time washing/scrubbing my legs without pressing against the gross shower curtain. I couldn't even imagine having to shave them without flooding the bathroom floor every time I showered.

I would gladly trade wasted closet hallway space for a larger shower any day.

Just got off Island Princess, balcony cabin. I've been on several other cruise lines and have never seen such small showers. This was our first Princess experience. We are scheduled for the Coral Princess in January and are rethinking it due to the tiny showers. Do all the Princess ships have this situation? I had asked onboard the Island Princess but no one could tell me if all the ships have these showers. Do any of you seasoned Princess cruisers have any hints for me? Thanks.

Book a suite.

I have a question, and not meaning it to insult anyone. How many times do you ladies shave on a 7 day cruise? I usually shave before I go and don't need to do it for a few weeks.

Every day on a Caribbean (or any warm weather) cruise. :(

Anybody defending Princess' showers ITT is a Princess apologist and/or cheerleader.
I could be considered a cheerleader but I've also been known to criticize Princess pretty strongly if warranted. What is "fact" to you isn't necessarily a fact for everyone. I'd rather have a shower curtain (which can be easily controlled and replaced upon request) than a hard-to-clean inflexible shower door. That's my experience and opinion. :)

I have a question, and not meaning it to insult anyone. How many times do you ladies shave on a 7 day cruise? I usually shave before I go and don't need to do it for a few weeks.

Every time I shower and I usually shower twice a day on cruises. I don't wear pantyhose and hate stubble.

Thank you, Maria. I'm doing really well but am starting to see more and more symptoms 12 years after being disgnosed.

I don't shave my legs but I'm not a small man. I don't care. If the shower curtain bothers you either hang binder clips from the bottom or simply wet the side of the shower and stick the shower curtain to it. That actually works quite well.

I understand about the leg shaving thing - I've been married for 44 years - but my wife makes it work. A larger shower would be nice but it's not a deal breaker by any means.

I don't shave my legs but I'm not a small man. I don't care. If the shower curtain bothers you either hang binder clips from the bottom or simply wet the side of the shower and stick the shower curtain to it. That actually works quite well.

I understand about the leg shaving thing - I've been married for 44 years - but my wife makes it work. A larger shower would be nice but it's not a deal breaker by any means.

Yep.

Rather a big boy myself (wonder if that could be why they call me Gut), another option is just leave your clothes in the wardrobe area and shower with the curtain open. Basically turns the whole bathroom into a shower cubicle.

As Pam said, the Royal and Regal have larger, and better appointed, showers. I love the shelf to prop my foot. The Royal and Regal also have hand-held shower heads, which makes a huge difference. I generally have a sideways inside cabin. I was never crazy about the size of the showers but they weren't a deal breaker, and did the job. I'm also a bit fluffy and the new showers in the Royal class are a Royal Pleasure.

I could be considered a cheerleader but I've also been known to criticize Princess pretty strongly if warranted. What is "fact" to you isn't necessarily a fact for everyone. I'd rather have a shower curtain (which can be easily controlled and replaced upon request) than a hard-to-clean inflexible shower door. That's my experience and opinion. :)

I would rather have a larger shower.:)

There a plenty of areas where Princess deserves praise in comparison to other mainstream lines. The showers aren't one of them.

My complaint isn't with the curtain so much as the actual size of the shower. If they were just a few sq. ft. bigger, it would make all the difference in the world for a guy my size. Sure, I make do in Princess showers, but having sailed on other lines (where the shower stalls were bigger), I do feel that Princess is lacking in this particular area. That's my experience and opinion.