Number of Elites on Board

antsp

I will echo the sentiments of a few here regarding a great cabin steward. Where as my sister and BIL on other side of deck took 3-5 days to get laundry back, we got ours back in the normal 48 hours. I do think it matters.

I was recently told that by a friend of mine (an Elite) after a CB trip , they had so many Elites on board & for some reason they had to discontinue the free laundry and only offered the $20 per bag laundry for everyone. She didn't know if it was a mechanical problem or just an overload that caused it.

Either way it sounds as though the laundry is reaching the limit since there are so many people using it lately.

I was recently told that by a friend of mine (an Elite) after a CB trip , they had so many Elites on board & for some reason they had to discontinue the free laundry and only offered the $20 per bag laundry for everyone. She didn't know if it was a mechanical problem or just an overload that caused it.

Either way it sounds as though the laundry is reaching the limit since there are so many people using it lately.

Hmm ... when that happened one would expect the Captain's Circle Host on the ship would have been inundated with complaints and Cruise Critic would have lit up like a Christmas tree (ok, that's not PC but I'm not PC either). First I've heard of something like that. :rolleyes:

It was at a M&G and people were complaining about how long the laundry was taking to be returned and that was given as one of the reasons. They weren't trying to bad mouth, it was just part of the answer to the question.

I wasn't trying to start anything either, just passing on info I was given.

Makes sense....thanks :)

I haven't done a World cruise (yet), ive done some B2B.....10 and 7, 7and 7, 10-5-5.......longer ones are coming soon, we'll see how things go. Thanks again.

Edited by blkspy

Hmm ... when that happened one would expect the Captain's Circle Host on the ship would have been inundated with complaints and Cruise Critic would have lit up like a Christmas tree (ok, that's not PC but I'm not PC either). First I've heard of something like that. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, that would have been all over CC!! I seriously doubt that scenario happened.

I hope so too!:D Otherwise I will put on my big girl pants (if I have any clean ones left) and go down to the self-service laundry.;)

LOL! My DH says underwear has two sides...just turn it inside out! (He's kidding, of course) There were a bunch of "elites" doing their own laundry on our sailing, so I think they sent some to be done but did some in the meantime because of the long turn around. Made for some long waits to do laundry, but it all worked out!

Some people take longer cruises, that gives them more time to become friendly with staff.

I've had 2 crew member stay at my home for several weeks

(at different times)

I have pretty much run out of questions about ships that

I want to ask...

I thought so also but I know the person so there has to be something to the story.