Per Day internet after the voom surf voryage package?

so I am in an online graduate program and I am going on a cruise in a few months. I am debating on booking the VOOM SURF VOYAGE internet package ($10/day, so $70 for the week) before the cruise (site claims it is 30% off onbroad prices) or book it as a per day basis. I basically need internet for about 2 or 3 days just to hand in my assignments. So I am debating if it is worth it, given I will be docking in Puerto Rico also where I can tether from my phone for free.

Does anyone know what is the per day internet cost on royal's ships now since they roll out their VOOM plans? I figure I would do a quick cost analysis.

single day use was $19.99 for surf and 27.99 for stream

and just checked our next cruise and doesn't give an option to prepay, for one day, only for whole cruise

Edited by jonbgd

But the per day cost is considerably lower when you buy this way. (pre-cruise, for the whole voyage)

Yeah, was hoping for another small discount;) Apart from the savings I figure it will make us stay off technology for a few days.

The cost is $13 per day onboard if you buy multiple days.

Thanks. Do they have to be consecutive days? (i.e I think I would buy it on sea days only).

single day use was $19.99 for surf and 27.99 for stream

and just checked our next cruise and doesn't give an option to prepay, for one day, only for whole cruise

Ouch $20 D: yeah it is $10 through prebook.. so I guess on a 7 day cruise, if I needed internet for at least 3 days, it might be worth it to just prebook for the whole week. for an extra $10..

Yeah, was hoping for another small discount;) Apart from the savings I figure it will make us stay off technology for a few days.

Yeah I was hoping for the same... But doesn't look like I have a choice since classes will be in session when I am cruising

Thanks. Do they have to be consecutive days? (i.e I think I would buy it on sea days only). ...

Yes, you have to buy until the end of the cruise to get the lowest daily price.