Dining/menus on Viking Star and Kitchen Table

CharTrav

Husband is taking on the job of reservations for the specialty restaurants during our Viking Homelands cruise this July (I took care of the excursions). He'd like to know about the menus at the World Cafe. Are they published somewhere to help decide which night to reserve for? Or is it simply pick a night and wait for a surprise when you arrive for dinner?

Also, what is the Kitchen Table? The info provided about it is very minimal. On one hand, one might think it's a restaurant but there's no way to reserve for it. On the other hand, it might be a place for doing cooking exhibitions and /or a venue for cooking classes. If the latter how does one sign up for them?

Appealing to those of you who have already cruised on the Viking Star. Thanks in advance!

OK .. am sorta of answering my own post but as I gather answers, I'm lead to new questions. Last year during the maiden voyage there was a running thread called "Viking Star Menus" started by "Algaes" that included (give the "busy bunny" award to Algaes!) menus (scanned as PDFs) for the Chef's Table (all 5), Manfredi's, Room Service (breakfast and 24 hrs), and Mansen's (ref: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2198689). At the time, the Chef's Table had 5 standard menus (in order): Asian Panorama, La Route Des Indes, Venice Carnival, Sweet & Salty, and A Gastronomic Journey Through Time. Towards the end of this thread, mention was made of a 9 day menu cycle period.

With this new info, I'm lead to more questions that I'm hoping those who have been on the Viking Homelands cruise this year (or on it now perhaps) -- can answer.

1 - Which restaurant operates on the 9 day menu cycle? If it's Chef's Table, this would only make sense if they've added 4 more set menus. Might make sense for the Restaurant tho.

2 - If the 9 day cycle applies to the Chef's Table, what are these new menus?

3 - The 5 Chef's Table menus from last year seem particularly well suited to a cruise in the Med; but to my mind would not be so "appropriate" for a cruise in the Baltic (e.g., Viking Homelands). Does the Chef's Table use a different set of menus for Baltic cruises? If so, what are they? Just their names would be sufficient (in essence, their "themes")

As before, many thanks in advance!