dimensions of balconies on Crown

CruzinNoony

I have been searching for the dimensions of the different balconies on the Crown, but can't seem to find the information. I would like to know the dimensions of a regular balcony (Ahoha, Baja), a Caribe balcony and a mini suite balcony. :o

Aloha, Baja, etc.: 9'x5' -- covered

Caribe: 9'x9' -- 9'x5' is covered, 9'x4' is uncovered

Mini-suite: 9'x7' -- Dolphin deck is covered, Emerald deck is uncovered

Edited by Pam in CA

I keep scanning over this thread, and I can't help but wonder why this is important. Brings to mind the thread wanting to know how to make their own cover by attaching a tarp to each side of the balcony

• 4 weeks later...

Pam:

Do these same balcony dimensions ...

... hold true for the aft cabins?

We were just 'upgraded' to one of the aft cabins and I'm not convinced that I actually 'want' that cabin, although if it had a larger balcony, that might be worth it....

Pam:

Do these same balcony dimensions ...

... hold true for the aft cabins?

We were just 'upgraded' to one of the aft cabins and I'm not convinced that I actually 'want' that cabin, although if it had a larger balcony, that might be worth it....

All of the aft balconies are close to Caribe size and fully covered. There are issues with the "dreaded beam" on many of the balconies. Edited by IECalCruiser

There are issues with the "dreaded beam" on many of the balconies.

What do you mean by the 'dreaded beam?' We've not yet done an aft cabin before so I'm new, although I DO know that people either LOVE them or hate them...

Thanks!

There are issues with the "dreaded beam" on many of the balconies.

What do you mean by the 'dreaded beam?' We've not yet done an aft cabin before so I'm new, although I DO know that people either LOVE them or hate them...

Thanks!

This photo is from the Caribbean but the Crown, Emerald and Ruby are similar. The beam locations are shown.

5C4UDUlxNwYtHmeVyzFbqbcHeT6chML2h9OopQfdjsCYPL3BgRTC2pbx0gX91qkvlxfV3KXHjVRzTQmvNfWgnZLp_GO2sufpAK3V-2pU0rAYWdkA9VyrLMRWTXw6uT6kb9LwJV9-OeRdpyDu0POnRthK0KaTrs_LGlXQpJR_z3C0alkWWj-hyAHwVjl5SWx3am3ta7pkSiJ4akFxWp7uol5iFJkO72nu5Su9dPKX6Yj89pM-Oc1fOtIoKGk70PrueADizGxCrc8csR_dN5RNRRXVN8_RD3rfvN0uZ61IX8NIqvrwquPG8vNNAC429bloBCFP9thB9vkCR370I1WnhFL_KPc9Yw667jQT1G_wH5IAufZ_bTH36Z1w4cc-ttJ-IWGmrW6Q2sUVz3zQyzFHWaK9ZS1D_zf8mDHxJbzfG7cmVu7hh6wRHPFO8wIY4rgTuhO7vR7Tm2M_-wWsLC8HEkzmLyMjjhdyyuCtx1qLZEq0h2LbsAbtJNJHpamGLuE2HlY0riW192cULc4u0JfhPsIr9dmr9hP2AC17MKlbIFCI_Vg2_GKKSpVNCHmObBcbCrU76_Ge23Yw4yFnb0VtynZYSz6uB_Y=w797-h600-no

The beam is no problem. On Emerald & Dolphin deck it is on one side and if the sun is to much for you you can get behind it and have shade. You have 2 doors out to the balcony a table 4 chairs , 2 loungers and a small table. Its big and great for having the UBD. We always stay in the aft suites and i can't figure out why people call it the dreaded beam, most who do have never stayed in the cabin.

Well, I must say the post about 'no wind' REALLY got my attention! That will be nice.

One of the things I generally DO enjoy about a balcony cabin though is being out on the balcony as you're coming into port and seeing the area you will be visiting, but with an aft cabin, although you can still see stuff, it will be 'in the rear view mirror', if you will. On this particular itinerary, however, it is a familiar itinerary, so we won't really 'miss anything', so this is actually the perfect cruise to 'experiment' with an aft cabin!

I'm excited to try something new! YAY!

Smitty ;-)

Well, I must say the post about 'no wind' REALLY got my attention! That will be nice.

One of the things I generally DO enjoy about a balcony cabin though is being out on the balcony as you're coming into port and seeing the area you will be visiting, but with an aft cabin, although you can still see stuff, it will be 'in the rear view mirror', if you will. On this particular itinerary, however, it is a familiar itinerary, so we won't really 'miss anything', so this is actually the perfect cruise to 'experiment' with an aft cabin!

I'm excited to try something new! YAY!

Smitty ;-)

Not quite. If you book the end balconies on Baja and Caribe deck, B748, B749, C752 and C753, you will have a view both to the side and aft. Edited by IECalCruiser