Maya Chan

kdc0905

What's the best way to contact them? I went through the website last night, but have not received any response. I hate to attempt again, but our cruise just changed to this itinerary and we're 2 weeks out. I need to secure something and this is our first choice. TIA

What's the best way to contact them? I went through the website last night, but have not received any response. I hate to attempt again, but our cruise just changed to this itinerary and we're 2 weeks out. I need to secure something and this is our first choice. TIA

when I contacted them, I did it in the evening and didn't hear back until the next evening. I'm sure you'll hear something from them today, but if not, I would probably check again tomorrow. They seemed to e-mail me mostly at the end of the day, so maybe they just haven't gotten to it yet.

• 3 months later...
Just got back from Maya Chan. Simply the best beach experience ever. My wife wouldn't leave! Water was great. I couldn't rave enough about it. If ever I get the chance, I'll be back

Yay!! Thanks for posting. We are a family of 9 who will be there in less than 3 weeks. Any problems with mosquitos while you were there? My daughter is pregnant and concerned about Zika.

Yay!! Thanks for posting. We are a family of 9 who will be there in less than 3 weeks. Any problems with mosquitos while you were there? My daughter is pregnant and concerned about Zika.

We were there this week and saw no mosquitos. There were your normal flies that swarmed when you brought food to your palapa, but I left with no bites (and I get my fair share). It's s great place if you decide to try it.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone done Maya Chan with very small children? We have a 2 and 4 year old in our group who both still use car seats (although the 4 year old may be big enough to be in a booster seat by the time we travel). It looks like the transport they use is local cabs, so I'm wondering what other people have done. Bring their own car seats? Or are they able to provide safe transport for the littles?

Has anyone done Maya Chan with very small children? We have a 2 and 4 year old in our group who both still use car seats (although the 4 year old may be big enough to be in a booster seat by the time we travel). It looks like the transport they use is local cabs, so I'm wondering what other people have done. Bring their own car seats? Or are they able to provide safe transport for the littles?

Transport is in a minivan cab. My daughter held her toddler.

Although Maya Chan is some distance the road was very rough and progress very slow once we left the town and we didn’t encounter any other traffic. Not sure if seat belts were available - it was some time ago.

Car seats will not be provided you would need to bring your own.