Anyone on a boat the BROKE down

reefshoe

Yup. RCI. I think it was Splendour of the Seas. Anyway, I am snoozing in bed and my SO pops out of the shower soaking wet to accuse me of turning off the lights. But then he sees me sleeping so he knew it wasn't me. Thank goodness he wasn't soapy as well as wet because the water was off too.

We were dead in the water. The emergency lights came on in the corridor; you know, those little pinpoint lights on the floor;but the inside cabins were pitch black.

So then the people in those inside cabins started complaining quite loudly.

They were bitching and moaning about why the outside cabins weren't opening their doors so they could see.

Hey, I paid for that light. They didn't.:D

The power came back on a couple of hours later. And we got open bar for a couple of hours to compensate. OK by me.

It was funny to hear the people later complaining about "lack of backup generators". Duh, what the heck did they think lit up the hallway lights?

And what the heck did they think was powering the bridge?

Ah people; ya gotta love em.:rolleyes:

celtic

• 4 weeks later...

We had propulsion problems...were sopposed to go to nassau, st thomas & st martin, but we went to freeport & key west. Everyone got $100/pp shipboard credit, I wrote a complaint letter and got $150/pp shipboard credit for a future cruise...booked Legend Feb 13 '06. My parents were on same ship and disputed with their cc company and got 50% back from them. My cc company didn't do anything. We had a good time, It was a vacation!!! Can't complain about all the credits they gave us, we will enjoy them in Feb!

Archived