In-room television and audio

elycelynne

Are the movies on the cabin televisions free, or do they have to be "rented"? Also, are there "music only" channels? And finally, does anyone know if the timers have a "sleep" function? I like to fall asleep to music, but don't want to have it playing all night.

Are the movies on the cabin televisions free, or do they have to be "rented"? Also, are there "music only" channels? And finally, does anyone know if the timers have a "sleep" function? I like to fall asleep to music, but don't want to have it playing all night.

On the Regal Princess, all the movies and TV programs on the cabin televisions were free.

There were also music channels.

No they didn't have a timer or sleep function

There's a variety of channels, including the bridge cam and navigation ones that play music. I agree that the guide (at least on our last cruise) was a real pain. I would rather have an additional paper guide (two cruises ago, there was one that was with the "services" book on the desk) where I can quickly glance at when each movie and program (there's a couple of channels that are programmed with syndicated shows such as Love Boat reruns) is playing.

Hi

No timer would be nice if there was one, no printed tv guide.

yours Shogun

We've always had a printed tv guide....it is a day one, day two, day three (no specific dates) and reused from cruise to cruise. Are they no longer doing this??

What every one else said.

Free movies.

Music Chanel, depends on your tastes in music

No sleep function or timer.

Are the movies on the cabin televisions free, or do they have to be "rented"?

And on the Royal (which you will be on), you can:

o Start a movie at any time

o Pause a movie at any time

o Resume the paused movie at any time.

Yes, free movies. I haven't noticed any music only channels or timer shut off function. The way the TV guide is displayed is a real pain though.

And on the Royal (which you will be on), you can:

o Start a movie at any time

o Pause a movie at any time

o Resume the paused movie at any time.

You would have though that with the on-demand system that then now have on the newer ships they would have done away with the old paper copy of the TV guide (which I agree is worthless) and provided an on screen guide similar to something like Direct TV or Comcast. :(

We've always had a printed tv guide....it is a day one, day two, day three (no specific dates) and reused from cruise to cruise. Are they no longer doing this??

I have not seen any printed tv guide on any Princess ship during the last few years. Regarding using from cruise to cruise, the shows and movies change, so how is this possible?

Royal & Regal have on demand, so you can see any available show or movie (excluding live) at any time. You can watch part of a show or movie, pause it, and finish watching later. Movies shown on MUTS normally are available on tv the next day.

As far as I have seen other ships do not have on demand, but of course this could change as systems are upgraded.

Most shows were free if I remember. There is a good selection(better than most ships)on the Regal. There are music channels, but I don't remember any timers. We did an inside cabin & either used a wakeup call, or just woke up from our own "internal" clocks! We used the wake up call when we came into ports as not to be late for any excursions.

I have not seen any printed tv guide on any Princess ship during the last few years. Regarding using from cruise to cruise, the shows and movies change, so how is this possible?

Maybe just on the ships I sail on ...none of which are their newer ships. The guides are definitely re-used for the cruises that do the same # of days in the itinerary time after time and then are swapped out when changes are made to the scheduling on the tv. We've sailed on B2Bs and shows and movies were definitely repeated...as were the trivia contests. We figured it wouldn't be fair to participate knowing all the answers on the second leg.

Anyhow, I believe the paper tv guides are also tossed when noro has visited the ship ... but we've been in cabins where the guide has been previously used....no question about that....or it went through quite a battle on the way to our room. I haven't sailed on Princess since late 2015 ...and as before, not on newer ships ... have always had a tv guide. Sometimes, it was a little harder to find than other times ... try looking in that blue binder if you cannot find it near the tv.

You would have though that with the on-demand system that then now have on the newer ships they would have done away with the old paper copy of the TV guide (which I agree is worthless) and provided an on screen guide similar to something like Direct TV or Comcast. :(

They do have an onscreen guide, but by the time you have gone through it all one time, you probably will have no time left to view anything.

They do have an onscreen guide, but by the time you have gone through it all one time, you probably will have no time left to view anything.

On the older ships I've just about given up & trying to use the guide--both the booklet & on screen. That's why I continue to bring my own programs to view in the evening before we go to sleep. ;)

On the Royal & Regal there's no need for either other than finding which station is which. To bad they won't allow connection to use the TV as a monitor. :(