Grandeur boarding

We arrive at BWI on Thursday at 9am. We were wondering how early we can get to the port that day. We can pick up our luggage and wait a little while at the airport before taking a taxi to the ship. Would getting to the port around 1030 to 11am be too early? Thanks,

In our experience at Baltimore with Grandeur, boarding usually begins around 11:00, so if you arrive around 10:00 that would give you enough time for luggage drop off and check in with little wait to baord. Landing at 9:00, I would head straight to the port from BWI. No need to wait.

We arrive at BWI on Thursday at 9am. We were wondering how early we can get to the port that day. We can pick up our luggage and wait a little while at the airport before taking a taxi to the ship. Would getting to the port around 1030 to 11am be too early? Thanks,

perfect time actually. it will be right around that I have actually been BOARDING more than once out of there.

I wouldn't even wait after picking up luggage. with rare exceptions they start letting you in to drop off bags by 9-930.

I arrived at 10:30 dropped my bag went through the security did the medical questionnaire used the wash room did check in spent a long time chatting with the check in agent as he's Irish we were on board having coffee in park cafe at 11

Boarding went extremely well yesterday. We boarded around 11 and no problems. Bags were delivered to our cabin quicker than any other time, on any other ship. This despite the new boarding ramp is still not in place.

R&D

Boarding went extremely well yesterday. We boarded around 11 and no problems. Bags were delivered to our cabin quicker than any other time, on any other ship. This despite the new boarding ramp is still not in place.

R&D

How is the pier looking? Much visible damage?

Are they boarding from pier level, or is there another ramp?

Boarding is on Deck 1 - pier level. The damaged part of the ramp has been removed. Boarding and debarkation were very smooth. We boarded earlier than we ever have for a Grandeur cruise! Leaving the ship, we had tag number 3. We left the ship around 8:00 and the line for customs looked very long. However it went fairly fast.

Too bad our drive back to NC was the worst we have had - so much traffic.

How is the pier looking? Much visible damage?

"Nothing noticeable."

Are they boarding from pier level, or is there another ramp?

"Pier level and seems to be no problem, other than a minimal delay at the elevators."

R&D

it is a great port to board and they will let you on around 10:30. I live near Baltimore and i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to go out of here. they are very organized and FAST! Have a wonderful cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

We've only done Grandeur once, but we can't say enough nice things about the Baltimore port. Would not hesitate to go that route again and probably will for a New England cruise next year.