Excursion price drop

mrobstad

I booked our excursion the day before the 10% off sale. ive emailed my cruise consultant three times and shes not gotten back to me.

1. is this typical of the level of service on Princess or is it just this agent?

2. i should be able to cancel and rebook, right?

thanks! i like so many other aspects of Princess, but this agent is a real turn off. Ive gotten much better service on other lines.

I booked our excursion the day before the 10% off sale. ive emailed my cruise consultant three times and shes not gotten back to me.

1. is this typical of the level of service on Princess or is it just this agent?

2. i should be able to cancel and rebook, right?

thanks! i like so many other aspects of Princess, but this agent is a real turn off. Ive gotten much better service on other lines.

Is this a Travel agent or a Princess consultant that helped you with the booking?

If it is TA call them, forget the email. If, it is a Princess consultant I would call and try to speak with your consultant otherwise, talk with the one you have on the phone...sure enough you will have to give all of your information over, but you might get some results. If that person on the phone wont talk to you dealing with someone else working with your file...ask to speak with their supervisor, again you will have to repeat the info. but let them know what has been going on since the 1st email sent.

Hopefully, someone will be able to help but it has to go through channels to get there. I believe Princess has great people that work for them. Don't loose your fate. :)

Good Luck. I hope you are able to get this problem resolved easily.

Thanks. Its a Princess employee. In fact, she was downright rude when we booked them!

My past ten cruises have been with another, more solo friendly line, and I have a great cruise consultant there.

But I cruised Princess in Feb and now my upcoming Brit aisles cruise, and this woman is not very responsive.

Ill try calling, but shes not free with her number either. Im surprised its not on her emails....just the 1-800-Princess number.

Thanks!

It doesn't matter whether you booked with a travel agent, with a Princess cruise consultant, by telephone with Princess, or online. Your still book your excursions yourself.

You can do either of the following:

• Call Princess. Speak to whoever answers the phone (after waiting on hold). The Princess representative can re-price the excursion to the current price.
  • Cancel your current excursion in Cruise Personalizer online. Then rebook the excursion at the lower price.

There are two potential problems to check:

• Sometimes the price goes up. The current price less 10% may still be more than the price when you booked. If you booked the day before the sale, probably not - but check.
  • The excursion may be Sold Out or Waitlisted. You cannot re-price. If you cancel and try to re-book, then you will lose your spot.

I changed mine using Cruise Personalizer online. Several had gone up in price, so I didn't change them. One was Sold Out, so I didn't change it. But I was able to cancel and re-book some others to get the savings with no problems.

Thanks. Its a Princess employee. In fact, she was downright rude when we booked them!

My past ten cruises have been with another, more solo friendly line, and I have a great cruise consultant there.

But I cruised Princess in Feb and now my upcoming Brit aisles cruise, and this woman is not very responsive.

Ill try calling, but shes not free with her number either. Im surprised its not on her emails....just the 1-800-Princess number.

Thanks!

I wouldn't speak to that Princess employee again. You can speak to whoever answers the 1-800-Princess number. I certainly wouldn't continue working with a rude employee. If you want to deal with a Princess cruise consultant, then I recommend you ask for another one - and tell them why.

to book online...then cancel due to the "sale", and then rebook. look in your cruise personalizer.

Be careful your excursion has room though before you cancel, lest you lose your spot...

Bernadette

Yes, do it yourself at your Cruise Personalizer. You have to go all the way to the details, determine if the 10% off is a cheaper price, see if your excursion is sold out, then decide whether to cancel and immediately rebook at the savings rate. I rebooked all of ours for our 11/21-12/20 cruise.

Now answering the question above...not all cruises' excursions are on sale. If the sale applies, you will see the 10% sale showing on your excursion tab. Then go all the way to the details of the excursion and choose the new price. Our second, back-to-back portion -12/20-1/2 - doesn't have the 10% off.

Mary Jane

Where are you seeing the 10% off sale.

Tom

The sale shows up under Cruise Personalizer on the Princess website, but only on cruises where it applies. I'm not sure if it's a certain time frame or what, but excursions for our September cruise are 10% off. We have two other cruises booked, and excursions for them are not part of the sale.

Jim

Edited by jasbo49

During the last sale most of our excursions ended up being slightly cheaper. I was nervous about cancelling and rebooking so I gave princess a call. The rep was able to reprice all of the lower excursions and I also had her double check to see if the cruise was now a lower price, it wasn't.

My vote is to call the 1-800 number and have a rep reprice for you. It was very painless.

During the last sale most of our excursions ended up being slightly cheaper. I was nervous about cancelling and rebooking so I gave princess a call. The rep was able to reprice all of the lower excursions and I also had her double check to see if the cruise was now a lower price, it wasn't.

My vote is to call the 1-800 number and have a rep reprice for you. It was very painless.

So much easier and quicker to do it yourself in the personalizer. Last cruise everything dropped 10% and I did it all in under 5 mins. Of course it was only 3 tours, as everything else was done outside. Would have taken longer on hold with Princess .