Selling a cruise you can't do on ebay?

Bob...

The price of the cruise would of needed to triple and I still don't believe they would get enough to make them whole.

Didn't see any Royal cruises on Ebay.....but I did find this great bargain.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Royal-Caribbean-Cruise-Line-Light-Up-Blinking-Party-Drinking-Glasses-Lot-of-3-/262494994592?nav=SEARCH

If you sell it on ebay you just need to find someone who takes over the booking at booked conditions and reimburses you for the deposite amount. Ebay cost basis will be respective deposite only I guess. You can try and if not successful still cancel at 10% costs. Or maybe you find someone here who is interested in taking over the cruise?!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Bob...

The price of the cruise would of needed to triple and I still don't believe they would get enough to make them whole.

Didn't see any Royal cruises on Ebay.....but I did find this great bargain.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Royal-Caribbean-Cruise-Line-Light-Up-Blinking-Party-Drinking-Glasses-Lot-of-3-/262494994592?nav=SEARCH

$1400!!!:eek:

What are they made of?

I had some questions re an upcoming cruise, the first person I spoke to was not at all helpful I rang back a few days later and got the most helpful person who solved all my issues and answered my dumb newbie questions (except for the coffee question, he was just trying to sell me the packages).

I hope you can get some clear direction and solve your dilemma quickly.

the representative told me to sell the cruise on ebay, since it's more than 60 days before the cruise, and a name change would be the cheapest option to get out of the contract. Otherwise we would have to switch to an other cruise which has to be 10% more expensive than this one (which is hard to find since it's a quite expensive suite we are booked in).

Have you tried the German cruise forums or the German (speaking) cruise groups on facebook?

I have just had a look at RCCL's German AGB and it seems to be correct that you can sell it and have the name changed - if you do it early enough

Bei Änderungen des Namens oder Nennung einer Ersatzperson muss Royal Caribbean Ihnen die entstehenden Mehrkosten berechnen[...] Für den Mehraufwand im Hause von Royal Caribbean entsteht in jedem Fall zusätzlich eine Bearbeitungsgebühr in Höhe von € 60,– je Reisendem [...] Eine Änderung des Namens oder Nennung einer Ersatzperson ist bereits vor Reisebeginn nicht mehr möglich, sofern Royal Caribbean die Namen der Passagiere dieser Reise in Befolgung der gesetzlichen Vorschriften oder behördlichen Anordnungen der entsprechenden Reiseländer bereits an die zuständigen Behörden, insbesondere an die Hafen- und Einwanderungsbehörden der im Laufe der geplanten Reise besuchten Länder gemeldet hat.

I can't see where it says the new cruise needs to be 10% more expensive though?

Wird auf Wunsch des Kunden trotzdem eine Umbuchung vorgenommen, so wird Royal Caribbean dem Kunden die entstehenden Mehrkosten berechnen. Umbuchungen werden nicht durchgeführt, wenn sich dadurch der Reisepreis reduziert. Für den Mehraufwand seitens Royal Caribbean entsteht zusätzlich eine Bearbeitungsgebühr von € 20,– pro Person, wenn der entsprechende Wunsch des Kunden spätestens am 60. Tag vor Kreuzfahrtbeginn vorliegt und eine entsprechende Änderung möglich ist.

The way I read that is that it can't be cheaper but it doesn't have to be more expensive (and not by 10%) but they will charge you 20 Euros per person for the change? Have you asked if they would let you switch to a less expensive cruise for the same price? Unless that's more than the 10% deposit you would lose maybe that would be an option?

Unless you want to lose the deposit I think I would try to switch to a different cruise. I understand what you booked is expensive but there have to be cruises that are just as expensive or more expensive next year? The 29 July 2017cruise on Indy is 5200 Euros per person in a GS (it's also two weeks). The 09 July 2017 med cruise on Jewel is selling for 5689 Euros in an OS. If you want to go on Harmony the 2017 Christmas cruise costs heck of a lot of money (5877 Euros in a GS... and the Sky Loft Suite is 15000+ Euros). Isn't that expensive enough?

Time, money, the cat...

The cat is gonna have to go somewhere for the cruise anyway, just take it to a friend's house or put it at an animal boarder, the cost can't be more than the amount being lost on the cruise. And a storage unit for a month is cheap, under $200. I don't see why my comment got an eye roll either (although I meant "just pack" not "jet" pack).

If I was gonna lose a couple grand on a cruise I would just put my stuff in one of those mobile storage units where they drop the box at your house, you fill it up, then they store it Til you're ready for them to drop it off at your new place. It doesn't take any more time than putting it in a moving van.

[quote name='Piggeldy']Have you tried the German cruise forums or the German (speaking) cruise groups on facebook?

I have just had a look at RCCL's German AGB and it seems to be correct that you can sell it and have the name changed - if you do it early enough

I can't see where it says the new cruise needs to be 10% more expensive though?

The way I read that is that it can't be cheaper but it doesn't have to be more expensive (and not by 10%) but they will charge you 20 Euros per person for the change? Have you asked if they would let you switch to a less expensive cruise for the same price? Unless that's more than the 10% deposit you would lose maybe that would be an option?

Unless you want to lose the deposit I think I would try to switch to a different cruise. I understand what you booked is expensive but there have to be cruises that are just as expensive or more expensive next year? The 29 July 2017cruise on Indy is 5200 Euros per person in a GS (it's also two weeks). The 09 July 2017 med cruise on Jewel is selling for 5689 Euros in an OS. If you want to go on Harmony the 2017 Christmas cruise costs heck of a lot of money (5877 Euros in a GS... and the Sky Loft Suite is 15000+ Euros). Isn't that expensive enough?[/QUOTE]

In the past changing a booking was no issue but since they have this stuppid call center in the Netherlands for most European countries they follow some not published (!) rules. In general changing a booking is not possible. But if you want to change a) more than 60 days before the original cruise date and b) to an earlier cruise date and c) to an at least 10% more expensive cruise they might consider doing you a favour. Or you call more than one time and try to speak to an experienced and qualified agent.. That applies for Gemany.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app