Tipping in Bayou Cafe or Sabatinis

Alaska0799

If this is true, why do they (waitstaff & cabin steward) ask our cabin #'s ????????? :confused:

Why do they ask your cabin number for a lot of things that don't matter? I don't know.

Can anyone provide guidance on cash tipping in Bayou or Sabatinis? Dining in Bayou on Island Princess to night! Thank you!

Just give what you think is OK for you. If you think the service is good then give a good tip. If you don't think it was don't give anything or give less. Stop listening to everyone. I don't care if they have to turn the tip in or they can keep it all. I normally leave 20% for good service.

Tony

But that's on a land based restaurant where the servers pay taxes and support themselves. You haven't triple tipped them at 20% but on the ship you've tipped in the auto daily tip, you've tipped in the upcharge and when you tip again your percentage is more like over 50%. That's fine if that's what you want to do but know there is no comparison to a land based restaurant.

Edited by cruzsnooze

I don't care how they handle their tips, we leave the auto tip on... we tip extra for good service.

On our next cruise we plan to eat in the Crown Grill the entire time, so suspect we will tip 15% in cash figured on the amount of our meal charge for the cruise in the Grill.

The misinformation about cash tipping has gone around a long time. Even when you leave your auto tip intact all cash must still be turned into for the pool.

It is turned in, but the cash is returned to the staff person if the giver had not adjusted their daily hotel charge downward.

It is turned in, but the cash is returned to the staff person if the giver had not adjusted their daily hotel charge downward.

That's not what the contract says that has been posted but it is what people want and believe.