Guarantee suites

divsec

Hi Chairsin

No we are not sailing in October, but on 24th Sept, a week tomorrow.

I would have expected our cabin number by now, but am also surprised by the three upsells. As the price for penthouse has only come down £100 in that time it seems a little unnecessary.

Edited by mancunian

'They move in a mysterious way'. I feel sure Tilly is right; if there are a lot of guarantee suites sold SB will try to get a few to pay more for an upgrade, and therefore be late in doing the assignment.

Divsec, when you get your suite assigned, please tell us - not what suite of course , but what grade - I wonder if you may be punished for being 'cheeky'?

'They move in a mysterious way'. I feel sure Tilly is right; if there are a lot of guarantee suites sold SB will try to get a few to pay more for an upgrade, and therefore be late in doing the assignment.

Divsec, when you get your suite assigned, please tell us - not what suite of course , but what grade - I wonder if you may be punished for being 'cheeky'?

That occurred to me as well, a punishment suite, I don't know where that is on SB but you never know. I think we will enjoy ourselves wherever we end up. Interesting to read of another CCer having three upsell but the penthouse moving only £100 pp a similar figure to my final offer.

Lincslady, thanks for the concern, but not even SB work weekends (well not on shore). What will be will be, I'm as I keep saying a big boy and can eat my way out of any situation. Any suite on Seabourn is worth having at the original offer from SB. I'm secretly convinced, and now publicly, that a great American company will reward my enterprise with a vacant winter garden. Anyway got to go must wake up soon. D

We sail in four days and still no word. I guess we might well be one of the few that hear on the dockside. Or indeed perhaps they have no cabin for us. Was it not on Seabourn in the past that you could sleep on deck if you so wishes? Perhaps that will happen to us without us wishing it!!

Do not really like this guarantee method but had no choice when we booked. I would be more relaxed if I had not read of the two cabins next to the Wintergarden Suites. Really pray we will not get one of those. I need to spend about 15 hours a day either lying on the bed or a lounger on balcony. The balcony on these looks so small they only appear to have one chair. I am not bothered if the cabin is a bit smaller but balcony really important. Also I do not get ashore very much and love the balcony whilst DH goes off exploring. I know it is no good worrying but I do!! However, whatever will be, will be.

Edited by mancunian

We sail in four days and still no word. I guess we might well be one of the few that hear on the dockside. Or indeed perhaps they have no cabin for us. Was it not on Seabourn in the past that you could sleep on deck if you so wishes? Perhaps that will happen to us without us wishing it!!

Do not really like this guarantee method but had no choice when we booked. I would be more relaxed if I had not read of the two cabins next to the Wintergarden Suites. Really pray we will not get one of those. I need to spend about 15 hours a day either lying on the bed or a lounger on balcony. The balcony on these looks so small they only appear to have one chair. I am not bothered if the cabin is a bit smaller but balcony really important. Also I do not get ashore very much and love the balcony whilst DH goes off exploring. I know it is no good worrying but I do!! However, whatever will be, will be.

We've reluctantly done the guarantee method several times and in my experience it's unusual to not have a suite number this close to departure.

We've always found ours between 14-7 days before departure.

Is it definitely not showing when you login to Online Guest Registration on My Seabourn? Since SB 'enhanced' :rolleyes: the website last year I find that the suite number doesn't automatically show in 'My Reservations' like it did previously.

Save

Edited by Isklaar

Mancunion please don't worry about those suites they really are OK and if your other half is off exploring the balcony is well big enough for one with a large chair and footstool and the best ever view aft as the balcony 'sticks out' so there is nothing to interrupt your view down the ship. A little more cosy if both of you are on there but doable

Thanks Techno. You say a large chair with stool, so presumably I am right and it is not a recliner?

Don't worry Mancunian, they will give me the winter garden suite 74 whatever as a punishment for being cheeky. So Tilly still no news I bet they tell me 7 days after we sail. 😁

A special quiet spot to spend time is the deck behind the Club on deck 5. There is also a small pool and whirlpool, outside shower and bar service from the Club. (Smoking is allowed in a small area but it doesn't seem to be a problem.)

There are both sun and shade lounging. It is a well-kept secret so don't tell anyone else!

A special quiet spot to spend time is the deck behind the Club on deck 5. There is also a small pool and whirlpool, outside shower and bar service from the Club. (Smoking is allowed in a small area but it doesn't seem to be a problem.)

There are both sun and shade lounging. It is a well-kept secret so don't tell anyone else!

My favourite spot as well, on Quest they store some of the Antarctic gear which makes it less attractive, but my so on Odyssey.

Excellent news Mancunian, just Divsec to sort now!

Ah Tilly, my T A tells me I am on the naughty step and won't get mine till we board. Also that we will taken on a tour of available up grade suite s to tempt me to spend. Personally I don't think the people on board are like that. Malice is not in their DNA. Im not sure it is with those ashore either. Do you think the room allocation will show up in the booking, it was blank last time I looked. (Minutes ago)?

All's well. Suitcases packed ready for tomorrow and TA just phoned with our suite number - 516 so we have full balcony and also a bonus quite near to the elevator which is great for me.

Well done, will be a delight. Does your surname start with an early or late letter? I'm a T and things always take longer for me.

D

I agree with Tilly, it's usually there and I'm very surprised Mancunian couldn't see theirs either.

When we get to around 18 days before departure I check it daily and it's always been visible at 7 days before.

I suppose it does depend on how the inventory is on each particular cruise especially dependant on how many OS/OB suites they need to allocate.

They're probably still calling trying to make some upsells too.

Ours definitely was not there on the booking in form on Seabourn site - nor was it there this morning though it is now. My TA checked yesterday by phone and was told they were very late with this particular cruise. In effect it was only done today three days' out. Of course divsec you are not on for 10 days yet and as someone else on your cruise says they had theirs today I guess yours will be soon. It looks as if they were really behind and are doing two cruises together.

I suppose realistically it would not have mattered if we had found out dockside, but it is always nice to know in advance.

I will report back on our first cruise with Seabourn when we get back. We have done well over 40 cruises on several lines but in the last few years they have always been HAL or Oceania.

Ours definitely was not there on the booking in form on Seabourn site - nor was it there this morning though it is now. My TA checked yesterday by phone and was told they were very late with this particular cruise. In effect it was only done today three days' out. Of course divsec you are not on for 10 days yet and as someone else on your cruise says they had theirs today I guess yours will be soon. It looks as if they were really behind and are doing two cruises together.

I suppose realistically it would not have mattered if we had found out dockside, but it is always nice to know in advance.

I will report back on our first cruise with Seabourn when we get back. We have done well over 40 cruises on several lines but in the last few years they have always been HAL or Oceania.

I do hope you enjoy your first Seabourn, I am sure it will not be your last!