Hyatt Pier 66

MikeMA

Hi All we are booked at the Hampton Inn FLL airport south for next year at the end of March for a pre cruise stay. We got a very good rate of $201 including all taxes etc.

I just received an email from a friend saying that the Hyatt Pier 66 has a special of $192/night $214 including tax.

I know there is no airport shuttle at 66 and that breakfast isn't included so I'm assuming that will ge an additional $40-$50. So my ques to those familiar w the Pier 66 is, Do you think the extra $50-$60 to stay there vs the Hampton Inn is worth it? Our flight arrives at 2:35pm in Fll and we are only staying 1 night.

Thank you for any help.

Hi All we are booked at the Hampton Inn FLL airport south for next year at the end of March for a pre cruise stay. We got a very good rate of $201 including all taxes etc.

I just received an email from a friend saying that the Hyatt Pier 66 has a special of $192/night $214 including tax.

I know there is no airport shuttle at 66 and that breakfast isn't included so I'm assuming that will ge an additional $40-$50. So my ques to those familiar w the Pier 66 is, Do you think the extra $50-$60 to stay there vs the Hampton Inn is worth it? Our flight arrives at 2:35pm in Fll and we are only staying 1 night.

Thank you for any help.

What are you paying $40-$60 for?

A cab would be under $15 with tip and there are a ton of places within walking distance for a cheap breakfast.

Many people end up not taking the shuttle or get crappy times and end up taking a cab so that would be $25+ from the Hampton.

Go with the Hyatt.

What are you paying $40-$60 for?

A cab would be under $15 with tip and there are a ton of places within walking distance for a cheap breakfast.

Many people end up not taking the shuttle or get crappy times and end up taking a cab so that would be $25+ from the Hampton.

Go with the Hyatt.

The Hyatt is $13 more to start. Cab from airport would be about $20 factoring tip. Then I figured breakfast for 3 would be at least $20. I know some people can eat a bagel and be fine for the morning but I need a little more so I can't see how I'd make out much cheaper.

If the Hampton Inn all around is a bad hotel then I'd make the switch. Or on the other hand if Pier 66 is that much greater I would too. That's why I figured I'd reach out.

I looked at Embassy but the cheapest rate is over $300. I'm just trying to keep the price around $200-$220 with tax seeing as we will only be there for one night and checking out early.

The Hyatt is $13 more to start. Cab from airport would be about $20 factoring tip. Then I figured breakfast for 3 would be at least $20. I know some people can eat a bagel and be fine for the morning but I need a little more so I can't see how I'd make out much cheaper.

If the Hampton Inn all around is a bad hotel then I'd make the switch. Or on the other hand if Pier 66 is that much greater I would too. That's why I figured I'd reach out.

I looked at Embassy but the cheapest rate is over $300. I'm just trying to keep the price around $200-$220 with tax seeing as we will only be there for one night and checking out early.

I don't like the location of the Hampton near as much as the Hyatt. Plus you can sit up at the top of the 17th Street Bridge and watch the cruise ships leave. Or you can suck up to the front desk person and try to get upgraded to a port view room.

Just a thought, join Hyatt Passport Rewards. You may find a deal that includes breakfast and they always give free upgrades.

I don't like the location of the Hampton near as much as the Hyatt. Plus you can sit up at the top of the 17th Street Bridge and watch the cruise ships leave. Or you can suck up to the front desk person and try to get upgraded to a port view room.

Just a thought, join Hyatt Passport Rewards. You may find a deal that includes breakfast and they always give free upgrades.

Thank you for the suggestions. I actually found a deal at the Hyatt Place on 17th not far from Embassy Suites for basically $10 more than Pier 66 would have been. If you factor in they offer and airport shuttle for $2 per room and free breakfast it will end up cheaper. I also liked the fact that they are near Gilbert's where I have eaten before(great burgers) and also stores for us to buy our pre cruise wine etc. A friend of mine who lives in Pompano said this hotel was fine for a pre cruise stay and that he has always hear good things about it. Hopefully he is correct lol

MikeMA - Good decision.

We always stay a few days pre-cruise at Hyatt Pier 66 and since we have a rental car, enjoy access to places beyond the 17th St area. Post cruise, we head to Hyatt Place off 17th for one night post. We have yet to be charged for the transfer back to FLL and our flight to BOS. Hyatt Place is a good hotel, rooms are large and comfy. Yes, the comp breakfast is a plus.

There are numerous restaurants within walking distance; some of our favorites are Kelley's Landing [nostalgia - the original was in South Boston], Bravo, and Mezzaluna [love their happy hour]. There's Total Wine at the shopping center in case you are planning to carry on a few bottles for your cruise.

As Blue Heron suggested, join Hyatt's program, no cost, and you will earn points toward future stays at any of their properties and "move up the food chain" for possible room upgrades at check-in.

Darcy

Edited by WatchHill

Thanks Darcy,

Glad the decision is gaining some votes of confidence :):)

Kelly's for dinner sounds good too if we decide not to do Gilberts. We'll have our 4 year old and 9 month old with us.

You and Blue Herron gave good feedback and I appreciate it.

Mike

MikeMA - Good decision.

We always stay a few days pre-cruise at Hyatt Pier 66 and since we have a rental car, enjoy access to places beyond the 17th St area. Post cruise, we head to Hyatt Place off 17th for one night post. We have yet to be charged for the transfer back to FLL and our flight to BOS. Hyatt Place is a good hotel, rooms are large and comfy. Yes, the comp breakfast is a plus.

There are numerous restaurants within walking distance; some of our favorites are Kelley's Landing [nostalgia - the original was in South Boston], Bravo, and Mezzaluna [love their happy hour]. There's Total Wine at the shopping center in case you are planning to carry on a few bottles for your cruise.

As Blue Heron suggested, join Hyatt's program, no cost, and you will earn points toward future stays at any of their properties and "move up the food chain" for possible room upgrades at check-in.

Darcy

Edited by MikeMA

Thanks Darcy,

Glad the decision is gaining some votes of confidence :):)

Kelly's for dinner sounds good too if we decide not to do Gilberts. We'll have our 4 year old and 9 month old with us.

You and Blue Herron gave good feedback and I appreciate it.

Mike

Consider Duffy's too....just behind Embassy Suites (across the parking lot from Hyatt Place) in the Publix market shopping center (Harbor Shops).

Consider Duffy's too....just behind Embassy Suites (across the parking lot from Hyatt Place) in the Publix market shopping center (Harbor Shops).

Thank you Ashland. Just looked them up and the all day happy hour doesnt sound bad lol:D