Allure 7/31/16 Western

Hi! Just wondering which nights are formal? Also wondering if anyone has cruise compass for western that they would share? Also would love any input/menus for specialties and bars and input for shore excursions? TIA!

Compass with formal nights:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50085528&postcount=216

The western port order has changed since Celisse posted the May compasses. Due to the different port order, I was curious when making dining reservations for our August cruise and called customer service. I was told that on our cruise, formal night is Day 6 (Labadee). Also, if you have a chance to post the compasses when you get back, that would be helpful. I am curious if there are any other day/time changes for entertainment (show schedules, DreamWorks Parade, quest, 70's party, etc.).

Dan

The western port order has changed since Celisse posted the May compasses. Due to the different port order, I was curious when making dining reservations for our August cruise and called customer service. I was told that on our cruise, formal night is Day 6 (Labadee). Also, if you have a chance to post the compasses when you get back, that would be helpful. I am curious if there are any other day/time changes for entertainment (show schedules, DreamWorks Parade, quest, 70's party, etc.).

Dan

I'm going on this cruise in October and didn't realize the port order has changed..

Hi Jacksmom09, we are on the same cruise!

I called RCCL to ask the same question, I was told day #2(sea day) and Day#6(Labadee).

We made specialty Dinner reservations for day 2 and 5, so I wanted to make sure I didn't need to change anything around.

Now to see if I received the right information from RCCL when we board.

Confused, we are on the 10/02 sailing and the Cruise Planner still shows Labadee as Day 3. Do you just learn about the itinerary change when you get on board. I'm OCD, I have my specialty dining days, shows and excursions all planned out. Are you telling me all my hard work to get everything just right is out the window?? :p

They still have not opened up the entertainment yet on our sailing. We can do specialty dining, excursions, etc.

Confused, we are on the 10/02 sailing and the Cruise Planner still shows Labadee as Day 3. Do you just learn about the itinerary change when you get on board. I'm OCD, I have my specialty dining days, shows and excursions all planned out. Are you telling me all my hard work to get everything just right is out the window?? :p

They still have not opened up the entertainment yet on our sailing. We can do specialty dining, excursions, etc.

The port order for July and August have Labadee on Day 6. In October, Labadee is back on Day 3 (as it has been in recent months). Your plans should be fine.

Now as for the last minute changes..... I was recently reminded on my last cruise in June (NCL Getaway), that port order is subject to change. NCL notified us over a week before the cruise that due to the number of ships making a call at Costa Maya on the originally scheduled day, they were switching port days with Cozumel. The Getaway made all the same ports but just flipped days. Some Getaway cruises prior to ours found out upon boarding (this has also happened to us). Excursions booked directly with the cruise line will automatically be switched to the new day. On NCL, I did not have private excursions booked at either port but many others did (especially in Cozumel). Many private excursion companies are prepared for theses changes. Just be clear of what their policies are and what they expect from you. I would imagine the Allure does not switch port days frequently, since it needs very specific piers to dock at, but it is good to be prepared.

The port order for July and August have Labadee on Day 6. In October, Labadee is back on Day 3 (as it has been in recent months). Your plans should be fine.

Now as for the last minute changes..... I was recently reminded on my last cruise in June (NCL Getaway), that port order is subject to change. NCL notified us over a week before the cruise that due to the number of ships making a call at Costa Maya on the originally scheduled day, they were switching port days with Cozumel. The Getaway made all the same ports but just flipped days. Some Getaway cruises prior to ours found out upon boarding (this has also happened to us). Excursions booked directly with the cruise line will automatically be switched to the new day. On NCL, I did not have private excursions booked at either port but many others did (especially in Cozumel). Many private excursion companies are prepared for theses changes. Just be clear of what their policies are and what they expect from you. I would imagine the Allure does not switch port days frequently, since it needs very specific piers to dock at, but it is good to be prepared.

Thanks for the info! Yes, I know the ports are subject to change. I would expect most of them to generally be weather related. But, I can understand a crowded port as well. I'm not upset if ports do change, was being more facetious than anything. ;) But, I do have all my specialty dining planned around the menus in the MDR. Will just go with flow if the itinerary changes.

It appears that August 21 port orders have changed. I called to confirm the changes. I only had an excursion ticket on Labadee, so I had no problem with port excursions. Unfortunately, there is nothing in writing that listed the days for the 2 formal nights, requiring the call to RCCL. The agent was helpful and rebooked dining times with Day 2 & 5 being formal nights (instead of the original Day 2 & 6). Now, at least I can use the cruise compasses already posted for a guide to the "likely" daily events (with the ports and days now matching up).

Edited by alohadan