Check Cruise Personalizer--flight changes

moki'smommy

Just a warning...I've had 3 flight changes for our upcoming trip since booking EZ Air. The first time I got a notice from my TA. The second time, I got an e-mail from Delta. This time, I happened to go to the cruise personalizer to check something else and found a notice of a flight change for our flight about 7 weeks from now.

I DO check my e-mail daily. I do not check my cruise personalizer. I wish Princess would decide how they will notify people and be consistent in this matter! It would be very easy to miss a notice in the personalizer.

Just a warning...I've had 3 flight changes for our upcoming trip since booking EZ Air. The first time I got a notice from my TA. The second time' date=' I got an e-mail from Delta. This time, I happened to go to the cruise personalizer to check something else and found a notice of a flight change for our flight about 7 weeks from now.

I DO check my e-mail daily. I do not check my cruise personalizer. I wish Princess would decide how they will notify people and be consistent in this matter! It would be very easy to miss a notice in the personalizer.[/quote']

Thats Delta for you. :(

Thanks...that's a great reminder to check our flights & it would be ideal for Princess to have a standardized system in place (email & in CP).

It would also be ideal if when booking directly with an airline they would always email us with flight changes. Unfortunately in my experiences that has also been hit & miss...sometimes I get emails, sometimes not & I only discover changes when checking my reservation on the airline's website. :(

But any system isn't 100% effective...I recently read a post where someone cancelled their cruise due to missing their flight thinking the flight was on another day. :eek:

I think this is a problem with Delta - not with Princess.

After I book with EZAir and receive my airline booking number, I don't bother checking the air on Princess Cruise Personalizer. I log on to the airline website, check the details there, and enter my personal data there. I then check it again at least once a month until it gets close to the flight and more often as it gets closer. If you book a long time in advance, it is more likely to change than not.

It's not that there are changes that bother me, it's the idea that somehow between Delta and Princess, SOMEONE should make sure I got the info in a reliable manner. This was not a big change--the flight is 20 minutes later than originally scheduled.

And you are right--I should be notified by both Delta and Princess, and both by e-mail. Too many notifications beats missing important info!

Not just Delta. Alaska changed our return flight from Seattle to Palm Springs. They had us on a flight leaving Seattle at 7:45am the day our cruise returned and when I called Princess I had to explain to them why this would not work. Seems like a no brainer to me. Anyhow I did not receive notice from either the airline or Princess. I understand the airline not notifying as it was booked EZ Air and not paid for yet but Princess certainly should have caught that.

I've had directly booked flights that changed & were in conflict with getting to or from a ship. Thankfully I noticed it quickly on the airline's website to have better options before they were gone. Airlines I've dealt with have been accommodating to give us workable flights & have even change our routing to get us to our destination on time.

But there needs to be a better system for airlines to always notify passengers about flight changes whether booked directly or through a booking source such as Princess.

I've always found the airlines to be reasonable when they've made changes. I may not get what I want, but I'll get something that will work.

On the other hand, I've always been notified by the airline.

In this case, the flight is already ticketed. And our requested seats are still in place.

Edited by moki'smommy

Hmmm.. I have never had a problem with Ez air.. However; We did have flight changes which the airline emailed me.. Virgin and AA.. So I knew it had happened. Id say shame on Delta or whomever doesnt contact the client, maybe not 100% Princess fault. I am glad you brought this up though, not hard to check the airline website the evening before..... just to be safe :)

After you book a flight through EZair, you need to go to the airline website, join their frequent flier program and set up your personal information such as an email address and cell phone for text messages. Princess does not monitor flight changes which happen all the time. You have to get it from the airline and they have to know how to contact you mostly by email. One nice touch is that you can set up your cell phone number so that the airline can text you the day of the flight(s) of any changes. Lacking email and text messaging capability, you have to check with the airline.

After you book a flight through EZair, you need to go to the airline website, join their frequent flier program and set up your personal information such as an email address and cell phone for text messages. Princess does not monitor flight changes which happen all the time. You have to get it from the airline and they have to know how to contact you mostly by email. One nice touch is that you can set up your cell phone number so that the airline can text you the day of the flight(s) of any changes. Lacking email and text messaging capability, you have to check with the airline.

Well Said! yes!

I'm not sure what the difference is, but we get alerts from Princess whenever our EZ Air flights have changed by a minute.

Jim

Oh wow. I dont recall getting alerts from princess on our changes. It only happened 2 times, but only got an email from the airline..

Thats Delta for you. :(

United is just as bad, if not worse with the time changes. American is a little better, but not by much! If I book my flights more than 60 days out I expect anywhere from 3 or more time adjustments. I make sure to check my flights on the airline website at least monthly if I'm booking way in advance. Within the final week prior to departure I check daily.

Princess is better than most cruise lines about sending change notices, but sometimes emails just don't deliver for what ever reason. Not just from Princess, but just in general. The mysteries of the world wide Internet ..... I think all the lost emails are in the same alternate universe as the vanishing dryer socks :eek:

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

United is just as bad, if not worse with the time changes. American is a little better, but not by much! If I book my flights more than 60 days out I expect anywhere from 3 or more time adjustments. I make sure to check my flights on the airline website at least monthly if I'm booking way in advance. Within the final week prior to departure I check daily.

Princess is better than most cruise lines about sending change notices, but sometimes emails just don't deliver for what ever reason. Not just from Princess, but just in general. The mysteries of the world wide Internet ..... I think all the lost emails are in the same alternate universe as the vanishing dryer socks :eek:

I am sure they are but the OP was speaking of Delta.

I didn't say Delta was the only one. :eek:

All airlines have there issues. :(

This was already done, and is presumably how we got the e-mail from the airline concerning change #2. They have my e-mail and land line number and my adult daughter's cell phone number (as this will be on the cruise with us).

Change #1 (pre-ticketing) I got the info from TA

Change #2 (after ticketing, seat selection, and entering all info on Delta's web site) I got an e-mail from Delta

Change #3--happened to see it on the cruise personalizer.

Makes NO sense to me that I didn't get a contact from Delta.

As others have said, once you have the flights booked, work with the airline's web site. Often flight changes made by the airline do not make it to the Personalizer. Sometimes when they do make it to the Personalizer, it is days or weeks after the airline has made the change.

E-mails from either Princess or the airline can sometimes go to spam. So a notification from either may not have made it to your regular inbox.

Just a warning...I've had 3 flight changes for our upcoming trip since booking EZ Air. The first time I got a notice from my TA. The second time' date=' I got an e-mail from Delta. This time, I happened to go to the cruise personalizer to check something else and found a notice of a flight change for our flight about 7 weeks from now.

I DO check my e-mail daily. I do not check my cruise personalizer. I wish Princess would decide how they will notify people and be consistent in this matter! It would be very easy to miss a notice in the personalizer.[/quote']

If you book with a TA, then most, if not all communications about the booking goes to the TA.

We just received an email directly from Delta announcing a flight time change with a 2 hour later departure from NY LaGuardia to WPB that was booked through Princess on EZAir. I went to the Cruise Personalizer and that information had not been updated.

I sent an email to our Vacation Planner at Princess seeing if we could still make changes to another flight with better timing after we had made final payment or not and will see if it can be done.

Exactly.

We did this with British Airways for our Royal Princess cruise later this month. It also meant I could book with confidence an additional hold suitcase for the wife's shoes!!!

An update--2 days later, I just got an e-mail from Delta with the information.

Also got an e-mail from the TA saying that she got the info just as she was preparing to leave the office yesterday, so she figured it would wait till today to send it on to me...she joked that I typically find out about things before she does anyhow. I don't have a problem with her delay--as I said, it was a minimal change.

We just received an email directly from Delta announcing a flight time change with a 2 hour later departure from NY LaGuardia to WPB that was booked through Princess on EZAir. I went to the Cruise Personalizer and that information had not been updated.

I sent an email to our Vacation Planner at Princess seeing if we could still make changes to another flight with better timing after we had made final payment or not and will see if it can be done.

If Princess will not help with this, call Delta. They should make the change at no cost, but they might not want to do it at this time if Princess has not yet bought the ticket yet.

Edited by caribill

Best advice on this thread. Just my personal opinion, one shouldn't rely on Ezair and Princess to keep you informed. Not saying, they shouldn't but when it comes to air, you need to be proactive. And Delta, what can I say? I fly them frequently and they change times and my seat so many times before the flight, it's hard to keep it straight. I guess we all learn through experience.

I always do as suggested by satxdiver and constantly get emails and alerts from the airlines. In addition, I monitor Delta like a hawk for seat changes because they always move me,as a solo flyer, to the most g@d awful position. And then I call customer service immediately and get it changed....... Delta and I, it's a difficult relationship.

If Princess will not help with this, call Delta. They should make the change at no cost, but they might not want to do it at this time if Princess has not yet bought the ticket yet.

Update. We contacted our Princess Vacation Planner and she got with air travel section of Princess and were able to get us on an earlier flight with Delta at no additional charge.

All is well.

Best advice on this thread. Just my personal opinion, one shouldn't rely on Ezair and Princess to keep you informed. Not saying, they shouldn't but when it comes to air, you need to be proactive. And Delta, what can I say? I fly them frequently and they change times and my seat so many times before the flight, it's hard to keep it straight. I guess we all learn through experience.

I always do as suggested by satxdiver and constantly get emails and alerts from the airlines. In addition, I monitor Delta like a hawk for seat changes because they always move me,as a solo flyer, to the most g@d awful position. And then I call customer service immediately and get it changed....... Delta and I, it's a difficult relationship.

I agree that it is great advice, but I had already done this. My notification from the airline was 2 days after it appeared on EZ Air. In this case it made no difference, but I've been in situations where the flight the airline assigned us to would not get us to the cruise on time! In that case, being the first person on the phone to move the flight rather than the one who finds out 2 days later WOULD matter.

My suggestion--yes, sign up with the airline's loyalty program and provide them with all your contact info...but also keep checking the cruise personalizer and e-mails. You never know where the info will appear first!