Juan Diego (JD) Leaving Royal

I have received some very sad news from JD - he has resigned from Royal Caribbean and 26th August 2016 will be his last day on the Radiance.

For those of you who have had the very real pleasure of cruising with JD as your Concierge, you might like to leave a message on here for him.

JD has stressed that he has loved his ten years with Royal Caribbean and has met some wonderful people but it's time to go.

A sad day for us but of course we wish JD the very best for his future and look forward to meeting up with him somewhere in the World soon.

Cheers

Di

I am breaking my self-imposed rule of not posting on cruise critic only for this occasion.

Our first cruise on Radiance of the Seas was in October of 2008 through the Panama Canal. We took an instant liking to Juan Diego and booked another Radiance cruise while we were on board just so we could go back to visit him. Apparently no one told him he should be there. We went around the horn of S. America with his replacement concierge and he boarded the day we got off in Valparaiso.

No problem, we just booked a Mexican Riviera cruise so we could enjoy his services and what turned into a growing friendship. We ended up doing 23 Radiance of the Seas cruises over the following years.

As Juan Diego switched ships, so did we. From Anthem, to Explorer, and now back to Radiance where we will see him for one last cruise in August.

He is not only a wonderful man but an excellent concierge who gives everyone his best, even those who are difficult to please.

No one can sell Alaska (or Australia for that matter) quite like Juan Diego. He knows every port as if it's his home away from home. It is only fitting that he finishes his time with the company on the ship where it all began for us.

He will no longer be our concierge after next month but he will continue to be our friend forever.

The biggest loser in this is Royal Caribbean International who's senior concierge has served them well. No, better than well. Better than they can even imagine.

Edited by mommabean

We too first met Juan on our first cruise as Diamonds on a Canal cruise back in 2008. He set the standard as Concierge we always tend to measure others by:)! His departure is truly Royal's loss and he will be missed.

All the best to him in the future!!

We are extremely sorry to hear the news that JD will be leaving and were so looking forward to seeing him on the Radiance next year. We have had many fantastic cruises with him, he is a wonderful Concierge and makes everyone feel like family. We are so pleased that we managed to meet up with him for lunch last December in Cozumel when we were on Indi and Anthem was there too. He will be really missed, but we wish him all the luck in the world.

We have also had the pleasure of sailing with JD several times and we echo the sentiments of others who have posted on this thread. JD always goes out of his way to be sure the guests have the best experience possible. He is a true professional and a genuine person and his presence will be greatly missed. We wish him the best in his future endeavors.

Andy & Rose Marie

We will miss JD and his evening CL jokes!

We were on the Australia inaugural cruise from Vancouver to Sydney on Radiance. After 63nt we were happy to go home but looked forward to any other cruises on Radiance to see JD again.

We had such fun posing for the large group photo in the CL at the end of the cruise. It was so much fun and JD made it even more so. He will be VERY missed!!

We wish him well in whatever he plans to do.

Brian and Dayle

We sailed with JD on Anthem's Thanksgiving cruise. What a fine gentleman. He literally saved our cruise experience by restoring lost dining reservations and making sure that all of his suite guests were well cared for during Anthem's not so smooth 2nd cruise out of Bayonne. We had hoped to meet him again. Be well, JD and God bless.

We were sitting in overflow for the Diamond lounge with friends who would have normally been in the CL when he stopped by to speak to them. When we were introduced to him he was very warm and engaging. He focused his attention on the two of us for several minutes, giving us much more than just a perfunctory greeting as many seem to do. He had Marie laughing and enjoying the few minutes we had with him.

Sorry to hear with we will not get the opportunity to see more of him. Best wishes on his new adventures.

We were sitting in overflow for the Diamond lounge with friends who would have normally been in the CL when he stopped by to speak to them. When we were introduced to him he was very warm and engaging. He focused his attention on the two of us for several minutes, giving us much more than just a perfunctory greeting as many seem to do. He had Marie laughing and enjoying the few minutes we had with him.

Sorry to hear with we will not get the opportunity to see more of him. Best wishes on his new adventures.

You'll be on his final Radiance sailing, if the dates Karen posted stay firm.

We always enjoyed sailing with Juan Diego - we first met him on Serenade when he was filling in for Maritza and he was always good to us.

You'll be on his final Radiance sailing, if the dates Karen posted stay firm.

We always enjoyed sailing with Juan Diego - we first met him on Serenade when he was filling in for Maritza and he was always good to us.

Unless we get a miraculous free upgrade to GS we will have little opportunity to see him. But if he passes through the DL again I will be sure to wish him well.

Unless we get a miraculous free upgrade to GS we will have little opportunity to see him. But if he passes through the DL again I will be sure to wish him well.

He came back to RD as the Diamond Concierge. Don't know if he moved over to the CL, though.

He was actually working the DL last week on Radiance. This was the only time i remember meeting him and he seemed like a very gracious guy. I appreciated his morning phone briefings. :) We met him at the top tier event.

Romina Gheorghe was in the CL. WOW, she is FANTASTIC!. The most energetic, personable, outgoing concierge we have ever had. She makes it a point to stop by every table to check on your day, if we had any issues and what could she do for us. Absolutely, the best CL experience we have ever had. If she is taking his place, Radiance will be i great hands :D

This news of JD leaving RCCL is very, very sad! He is absolutely the best and always gracious, very professional and a great sense of humor. He assisted my sister (and us) at a very difficult (medical) time in her life and his assistance will never be forgotten. What a loss for RCCL!

Juan Diego is the Concierge for RA's Diamond Lounge until 8-26-2016.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hKBiGZ9Gqcp2G2owtX3RyQy7yQ0ijgxCL0nPjQKK8j4/edit?pli=1#gid=371892551

Edited by SherriZ366